+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 - Citizenship Applications

Panka79

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passed my test (20/20) today in Edmonton. It had true or false questions and questions with a, b,c,d answers. All were simple questions and all from the book. After the test they were calling us in the order, we left the test room, the officer who I got asked for two IDs (PR card and license), gave me two piece of paper to sign congratulated me on the test result and I was done. No questions were asked, no extra documents were requested. He said in a few months I will have my oath date. The whole process test and interview, were about 30 minutes.

SKK19

Jan 24, 2019
Passed my test (20/20) today in Edmonton. It had true or false questions and questions with a, b,c,d answers. All were simple questions and all from the book. After the test they were calling us in the order, we left the test room, the officer who I got asked for two IDs (PR card and license), gave me two piece of paper to sign congratulated me on the test result and I was done. No questions were asked, no extra documents were requested. He said in a few months I will have my oath date. The whole process test and interview, were about 30 minutes.
Congratulations :)

Reactions: Panka79

A1969

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Congratulations!
Did they provide pen-pencil?

Reactions: Panka79

ali64mon

Sep 4, 2015
Hi all,

This is the status of my citizenship application.

Submitted: November 23rd, 2018.
AOR: February 7th, 2019.
In progress: March 14th, 2019.
Invited for test/interview: May 6th, 2019.
Date/location of interview/test: May 30th in Saskatoon.

I am moving from Saskatoon to Ottawa one week before my citizenship test/interview. So, basically I have two options:
1. Have a short trip to Saskatoon for the citizenship interview. It, however, costs me about $1000.
2. Reschedule my interview to make it happen in Ottawa.

What do you suggest?
Do know how much the interview could get postponed in case of option 2.

Regards.

Last edited:

Panka79

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations :)
Thank you :) And I know its not what you wish to hear but I have a friend in Vancouver who applied in October and she still didnt hear anything yet, called the office and they told her its normal process time. It will happen

Last edited:

lopazos

Nov 13, 2018
Hello Everyone, I received on May 9th the invitation to test. Here follow my updated info for our sheet. Please update.
Hi There, please see my application details
App Type: Single
Physical days : 1106
App. Sent: Nov 1st 2018
App. delivered : Nov 5th 2018
AOR received : Jan 15th 2019
In Process:Jan 24th 2019
Test Invite: May 9th 2019
Test Date: June 5th 2019

Thanks, Lopazos

Reactions: GraceCan

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Hi all,

I submitted my application in late November 2018.
Processing my application started in the middle of March 2019.
Got an interview email on May 6th 2019.

I am moving to another city one week before my citizenship interview. So, basically I have two options:
1. Have a short trip to the current city in which I'm scheduled for the citizenship interview. It, however, costs me about $1000.
2. Reschedule my interview to make it happen in the city I'm moving to.

What do you suggest?
Do know how much the interview could get postponed in case of option 2.

Regards.
U r missing key information for us to shed light on situation. Which cities r we talking abt

Reactions: ali64mon

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Hello Everyone, I received on May 9th the invitation to test. Here follow my updated info for our sheet. Please update.
Hi There, please see my application details
App Type: Single
Physical days : 1106
App. Sent: Nov 1st 2018
App. delivered : Nov 5th 2018
AOR received : Jan 15th 2019
In Process:Jan 24th 2019
Test Invite: May 9th 2019
Test Date: June 5th 2019

Thanks, Lopazos
Updated

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
From Saskatoon to Ottawa.
Also updated my post.
Well there will definitely be a delay if u get file transferred so u have two options:

Delay ur move for a week and attend the interview as u dont want to make 2 trips one for interview one for oath

Second is write a letter to saskatoon office and tell them u r moving and ask to transfer file to Ottawa which they may or may not approve considering they already lined up interview for u but to save money this is the b3st option right now for u

Reactions: A1969 and ali64mon

ali64mon

Sep 4, 2015
Well there will definitely be a delay if u get file transferred so u have two options:

Delay ur move for a week and attend the interview as u dont want to make 2 trips one for interview one for oath

Second is write a letter to saskatoon office and tell them u r moving and ask to transfer file to Ottawa which they may or may not approve considering they already lined up interview for u but to save money this is the b3st option right now for u
Thanks for your comment.
The problem is that I've already planned my moving (flight tickets + shipping my stuff scheduled by a moving company).
I can wait if there is no serious problem about transferring my test/interview to Ottawa.
I am not sure what the normal procedure would be regarding my case.
If I write to the Saskatoon office informing them of my situation, will they transfer my interview to Ottawa? what else they could do?
And one more question. Do the test/interview and oath have to be in the same city?

Thanks for your help in advance.