App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2018
AOR Received.
08-01-2019
File Transfer...
In process - 15 January 2019
LANDED..........
April 2015 By Grace of LORD JESUS
Not sure of this is applicable for you. Did your partner also apply with you or you & child only. Were you allow you take your child with you?
Yes. Myself and my spouse with our child had applied together. We were not instructed to bring our child for the interview. The test and interview is only required for adults between 18 and 55 years old. Adults more than 55 years old are not required to appear for citizenship test, but they can be invited for interview if the citizenship officer deems necessary.

As per my experience, children can be taken to the test venue as long as they can manage themselves (like a teenager less than 18 years old) or if there is someone accompanying you (parents/friend) who takes care of the child in your absence. I had seen one family bring their parent who was managing a teenager. Children will be strictly not allowed inside the test center and interviews. Please do not take your child if your child needs attention and cannot be left alone. You may be asked to leave and take your test at a later date.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Yes. Myself and my spouse with our child had applied together. We were not instructed to bring our child for the interview. The test and interview is only required for adults between 18 and 55 years old. Adults more than 55 years old are not required to appear for citizenship test, but they can be invited for interview if the citizenship officer deems necessary.

As per my experience, children can be taken to the test venue as long as they can manage themselves (like a teenager less than 18 years old) or if there is someone accompanying you (parents/friend) who takes care of the child in your absence. I had seen one family bring their parent who was managing a teenager. Children will be strictly not allowed inside the test center and interviews. Please do not take your child if your child needs attention and cannot be left alone. You may be asked to leave and take your test at a later date.
Thanks a lot for this reply. Yes, we have a two months old and at this time we do not have anyone whom we can ask to look after him (we have friends but they have their own stuff on weekdays and cant ask for help). Also, he is not that old enough that we can rely on "a" nanny (I know we are bit obsessive, he is our first one and at this time we are not sure or comfortable to leave him with someone we do not know and moreover its difficult to get a reliable one for just a day or few hours). Our plan so far is to ask to reschedule our test, and even oath ceremony, for one of us, however we are not sure if rescheduling for only one member of a family is possible or not.

HOWEVER, if anyone knows about a daycare where we can drop an infant for a day or 1/2 day in Ottawa area, please do let me know.

Last edited:

A1969

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Thanks a lot for this reply. Yes, we have a two months old and at this time we do not have anyone whom we can ask to look after him (we have friends but they have their own stuff on weekdays and cant ask for help). Also, he is not that old enough that we can rely on "a" nanny (I know we are bit obsessive, he is our first one and at this time we are not sure or comfortable to leave him with someone we do not know and moreover its difficult to get a reliable one for just a day or few hours). Our plan so far is to ask to reschedule our test, and even oath ceremony, for one of us, however we are not sure if rescheduling for only one member of a family is possible or not.

HOWEVER, if anyone knows about a daycare where we can drop an infant for a day or 1/2 day in Ottawa area, please do let me know.
Hello PhdStream,
When you receive the notice for test, you may ask them to change the time for one of you, instead of changing the date; this option is better than reschedule.

Reactions: PhdStream

PHCA

Aug 1, 2017
Calgary, AB
LANDED..........
A quick update friends --
Did my test today at Calgary. got 20/20!! There were about 45 in the same room for the test at 10 AM. All questions were generic and came from the latest study guide. I strongly recommend to read the book atleast twice and you should be good. The Discover Canada book I ordered from IRCC was slightly outdated. It didn't have some pages that I downloaded online through weblink provided in test invite.

Please bring all original documents that are required as per document checklist. I was asked to show Passport (current & old), PR Card, Driving License ( OR valid picture ID) and asked about foreign visits (what kind of job you do and your occupation?). A few signatures on consent & no criminal records forms and off you go. All this took less than 5 minutes for both myself and my spouse. Glad to hear that our file was clear and meets all requisites to become a Canadian Citizen..Almost there!! Finally, was told that they have a backlog of people awaiting, but they will try to send out invites in next 4 to 6 weeks!! Calgary office rocks!!

Best wishes to all!!
I'm surprised that the book they sent is outdated. I will have to download the soft copy and read it too then. Thank you and congratulations!! Keep us posted, you're almost there wuhoooo!!! :):)

sms2014

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada Citizenship application
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2018
AOR Received.
08-01-2019
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
I'm surprised that the book they sent is outdated. I will have to download the soft copy and read it too then. Thank you and congratulations!! Keep us posted, you're almost there wuhoooo!!! :):)
I was surprised myself too...it was only when my spouse who was studying from the online downloaded printed copy showed me additional pages!! BTW - now you have to remember that Alberta has a new Premier and ruling party as well....:cool:

Reactions: PHCA

sms2014

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada Citizenship application
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2018
AOR Received.
08-01-2019
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
ECA Status updated to "Decison Made" today...Just await for Oath date now..!!
Is anybody updating the tracker? Thanks in advance!

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hello PhdStream,
When you receive the notice for test, you may ask them to change the time for one of you, instead of changing the date; this option is better than reschedule.
Thank you so much for the reply. I did not know actually we can ask to change citizenship time. Infact I was under the impression that one batch test (for several applicants) is held once in a while thats why it so slow. Anyway many thanks for your reply.

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
I might have updated a line or two, but nothing major, almost unnoticeable.
December is so dead, I did that of tiredness but November is all yours, man.
Thats very helpful byrwus u can do that as well but just do confirm replying to entry which one u do so i know that its been done. I started doing them quitely as i was the only one doing it but when i saw another silent administrator i thought that will be confusing so stopped doing it. I have done all those i think needed to be done now. Will keep checking for updates from now on

Reactions: byrwus

ramgarhia

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2014
Nomination.....
11-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-04-2014
Med's Request
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-04-2015 (3rd line 12-05-2015) (DM 26-05-2015)
Passport Req..
Soon 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Soon 2015
LANDED..........
Definitely 2015
Yes
I am vancouver applicant. No signs of citizenship test..

Looks like the Vancouver applications are pretty much stuck.

mauritiusbride

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
hello..just a question...how many nov applicants have called ircc and got the answer that all seem good and in queue for test ..can expect test invite soon ...

I am guessing its an answer that all person who called to ask whn can we expect test GET...

anyone else got same answer and still waiting for test invite

KarenJKT

Jan 16, 2019
hello..just a question...how many nov applicants have called ircc and got the answer that all seem good and in queue for test ..can expect test invite soon ...

I am guessing its an answer that all person who called to ask whn can we expect test GET...

anyone else got same answer and still waiting for test invite
I called and got the same answer,i even asked how come some nov.applicant that are in Montreal their status got to DM and mine is still in process since Jan ,she said it depend one the officer who have ur file.some are fast and Others not,

Reactions: mauritiusbride