Waived
Passport Req..
06 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
ECAS (4th Line): 05 May 2015 Visa On Hand: 22 May 2015
LANDED..........
18 Sept 2015
Hi all,

We received the test invites - for myself and my spouse only however, the 3 of us have applied with our son (minor - 6 years old) altogether, 1 package / 3 applications. Do we need to bring his original docs too and take him with us to the testing site?

Thanks! Appreciate your response.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
I and my wife applied for citizenship application and are waiting for test. If we get test invite, is it possible to reschedule for only one of us?

Norya Ebady

May 10, 2017
Yes ,, we are waiting too. In process since end of jan. I don'y think we will get any update for next month or so, as there are several applicants from August, Sept, and Oct waiting response from Ottawa.
Than you. The wait time is so annoying. I really want to visit my parents in the summer, but looks like it’s not gonna happen

Norya Ebady

May 10, 2017
Yes, Ottawa is too slow, mine is in process since February 1, 2019. They have done test date for the October applicants whose file is in process up to December 31; you may find this on the October spread sheet. Your profile does not appear on the November spreads sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UVvKb4Sem00uOCyB2kTeM2_AofgT_8b4uTJyBh9pXdg/edit#gid=1293301796

Advise the admin to do the needful for your profile on November sheet.
Thank you. I really hope we can get our test invite by the end of April. Btw, I don’t know how these spreadsheets work. I’m new to this forum. Thank you for providing me the link though.

Norya Ebady

May 10, 2017
So here is my timeline in case Admin reads this and kindly add me to the Spreadsheet.
User name:Norya Ebady
App sent: Nov 11, 2018
App received: Nov 16, 2018
AOR: Jan 31,2019
IP: Feb 12,2019

sms2014

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada Citizenship application
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2018
AOR Received.
08-01-2019
File Transfer...
In process - 15 January 2019
LANDED..........
April 2015 By Grace of LORD JESUS
Hi all,

We received the test invites - for myself and my spouse only however, the 3 of us have applied with our son (minor - 6 years old) altogether, 1 package / 3 applications. Do we need to bring his original docs too and take him with us to the testing site?

Thanks! Appreciate your response.
Only eligible adults (between 18 to 55 years old) are invited for citizenship test . I applied with my child too. You do not have to take your son for the test or any documents pertaining to his application. They didn't ask from me. However, you have to take all original documents as indicated in checklist for both your and your spouse.

Reactions: adelosreyes

sms2014

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2018
AOR Received.
08-01-2019
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
A quick update friends --
Did my test today at Calgary. got 20/20!! There were about 45 in the same room for the test at 10 AM. All questions were generic and came from the latest study guide. I strongly recommend to read the book atleast twice and you should be good. The Discover Canada book I ordered from IRCC was slightly outdated. It didn't have some pages that I downloaded online through weblink provided in test invite.

Please bring all original documents that are required as per document checklist. I was asked to show Passport (current & old), PR Card, Driving License ( OR valid picture ID) and asked about foreign visits (what kind of job you do and your occupation?). A few signatures on consent & no criminal records forms and off you go. All this took less than 5 minutes for both myself and my spouse. Glad to hear that our file was clear and meets all requisites to become a Canadian Citizen..Almost there!! Finally, was told that they have a backlog of people awaiting, but they will try to send out invites in next 4 to 6 weeks!! Calgary office rocks!!

Best wishes to all!!

Andame

Nov 22, 2018
Did my test today at Calgary. got 20/20!! There were about 45 in the same room for the test at 10 AM. All questions were generic and came from the latest study guide. I strongly recommend to read the book atleast twice and you should be good. The Discover Canada book I ordered from IRCC was slightly outdated. It didn't have some pages that I downloaded online through weblink provided in test invite.

Please bring all original documents that are required as per document checklist. I was asked to show Passport (current & old), PR Card, Driving License ( OR valid picture ID) and asked about foreign visits (what kind of job you do and your occupation?). A few signatures on consent & no criminal records forms and off you go. All this took less than 5 minutes for both myself and my spouse. Glad to hear that our file was clear and meets all requisites to become a Canadian Citizen..Almost there!! Finally, was told that they have a backlog of people awaiting, but they will try to send out invites in next 4 to 6 weeks!! Calgary office rocks!!

Best wishes to all!!
congrats and all the best in the coming, can you confirm that you were not asked today by the officer for your child passport or any related documents , the reason I'm asking because in my case if no need to bring kids passports to interview so typically I don't have to translate the non English travel stamps in their passports!

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Has any of you who received test invitation tried to reschedule it. I am wondering for a family type application, is it possible to reschedule for one member or all the applicants must reschedule and appear on test at the same date and time. Also, for family member, will they take interview together or individually?

irishibanez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Calgary
Has any of you who received test invitation tried to reschedule it. I am wondering for a family type application, is it possible to reschedule for one member or all the applicants must reschedule and appear on test at the same date and time. Also, for family member, will they take interview together or individually?
Not sure if that’s possible cus they keep family files together, but you can try. As of interview, it’ll be together

sms2014

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2018
AOR Received.
08-01-2019
File Transfer...
LANDED..........

Best wishes to all!!

ECA Status updated to "Decison Made" today...Just await for Oath date now..!!

Reactions: PHCA

sms2014

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2018
AOR Received.
08-01-2019
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
congrats and all the best in the coming, can you confirm that you were not asked today by the officer for your child passport or any related documents , the reason I'm asking because in my case if no need to bring kids passports to interview so typically I don't have to translate the non English travel stamps in their passports!
I was not asked for any documents or passport for my child during my interview...all they said at the end was they are aware of our child in our family application and oath invitation will be for whole family including our child...trust this response helps.

Reactions: Andame

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
I was not asked for any documents or passport for my child during my interview...all they said at the end was they are aware of our child in our family application and oath invitation will be for whole family including our child...trust this response helps.
Not sure of this is applicable for you. Did your partner also apply with you or you & child only. Were you allow you take your child with you?