+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 - Citizenship Applications

A1969

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
my file will transfer to Winnipeg ,so either will travel to Winnipeg OR Thunder bay ( the same distance from my town ) ,so Winnipeg sent me this email ,the best thing for me is that will do Test and Ceremony for one day !!!! imagine guys !!!!!! ,this is the email which i got it :

Hello Mr ......

I have now received your inquiry here in the Winnipeg office. It looks like Mississauga is still holding your file, but I can request that they send it to us since Sioux Lookout is within the area we usually serve. We will be traveling to Thunder Bay the second full week in May. Unfortunately that is the only location anywhere close to you. It looks like you are about half way between Winnipeg and Thunder Bay in terms of distance. You can let me know if you have a preference for one or the other.

If you prefer to come to Winnipeg, what we can do is schedule you for testing and a ceremony on the same trip. You could write the test and have your interview in the morning and go to an oath ceremony in the afternoon, or do the test and interview in an afternoon and ceremony the next morning, whichever works best with your travel plans. If you choose to come to Winnipeg, we will get in touch once your application comes up in the queue, and figure out what will work best for scheduling.

I will let Mississauga know to send us the file if they still have not done so. You can let me know whether you prefer Winnipeg or Thunder Bay.

Thank you for your email.
Great

Reactions: dr tarekk

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
my file will transfer to Winnipeg ,so either will travel to Winnipeg OR Thunder bay ( the same distance from my town ) ,so Winnipeg sent me this email ,the best thing for me is that will do Test and Ceremony for one day !!!! imagine guys !!!!!! ,this is the email which i got it :

Hello Mr ......

I have now received your inquiry here in the Winnipeg office. It looks like Mississauga is still holding your file, but I can request that they send it to us since Sioux Lookout is within the area we usually serve. We will be traveling to Thunder Bay the second full week in May. Unfortunately that is the only location anywhere close to you. It looks like you are about half way between Winnipeg and Thunder Bay in terms of distance. You can let me know if you have a preference for one or the other.

If you prefer to come to Winnipeg, what we can do is schedule you for testing and a ceremony on the same trip. You could write the test and have your interview in the morning and go to an oath ceremony in the afternoon, or do the test and interview in an afternoon and ceremony the next morning, whichever works best with your travel plans. If you choose to come to Winnipeg, we will get in touch once your application comes up in the queue, and figure out what will work best for scheduling.

I will let Mississauga know to send us the file if they still have not done so. You can let me know whether you prefer Winnipeg or Thunder Bay.

Thank you for your email.
Go for thunder bay as that will ensure u get it done in May as thats when they will be in Thunder Bay. Winnipeg u will have to wait until its ur turn so my opinion thunder bay might be quicker for u

dr tarekk

Champion Member
Dec 30, 2013
Go for thunder bay as that will ensure u get it done in May as thats when they will be in Thunder Bay. Winnipeg u will have to wait until its ur turn so my opinion thunder bay might be quicker for u
Yeah,i told him in the email that if i can travel to Thunder bay on May ,and i said also that i don't have problem to travel to Thunder bay or Winnipeg ,i said : the most important hing is the processing my file as soon as possible,because if you notice in the email that i will do Test and Ceremony in one day either in Thunder bay or Winnipeg,so you can see that just one trip and that's all

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Yeah,i told him in the email that if i can travel to Thunder bay on May ,and i said also that i don't have problem to travel to Thunder bay or Winnipeg ,i said : the most important hing is the processing my file as soon as possible,because if you notice in the email that i will do Test and Ceremony in one day either in Thunder bay or Winnipeg,so you can see that just one trip and that's all
Yes but in email he clearly mentioned if u decide to choose winnipeg when they will call u for test and oath is upto them. But if u decide to go to thunder bay its confirmed that they will call u in May when they r there. So trip will be one either way but thunder bay u know when they will call but winnipeg u dont. So choice is urs

dr tarekk

Champion Member
Dec 30, 2013
Yes but in email he clearly mentioned if u decide to choose winnipeg when they will call u for test and oath is upto them. But if u decide to go to thunder bay its confirmed that they will call u in May when they r there. So trip will be one either way but thunder bay u know when they will call but winnipeg u dont. So choice is urs
Exactly ,you are right ,and i mentioned to him also that i can take 3 days off from the hospital to travel to Thunder bay in May ,so now i am curious will
Missassauga send my application urgently OR still hold it ? and when will Winnipeg receive it ? you know my brother ,even if he does not prefer me Thunder bay ,i would yes for Winnipeg better than Missassauga ,hopefully he gets my file before May to do Test and Ceremony in Thunder bay

Reactions: Zmaqsood

dr tarekk

Champion Member
Dec 30, 2013
Just a quick question ,i just replied to his email ,i did not write a new email ,so should i get automatic reply or not ?because i did not get automatic reply ,this is the address email which i got it from : CIC-Winnipeg-Citizenship @cic.gc.ca ,so i just replied to the email which i received ,is it ok?