+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 - Citizenship Applications

dr tarekk

Champion Member
Dec 30, 2013
So delays could either be at the primary office (Sydney) or may be from secondary office (like Mississauga) then . This is am useful information
Exactly ,because i don't believe that background check takes 12 months to be completed ,we live in 21 century and all data are linked /connected to each others,this is ridiculous,many applicants lived the whole 3 years inside Canada without exiting (like me),one report from Canadian agency does not take the whole 12 months ,so why should this applicant wait this long period to get his/her Citizenship ,nonsense,guys all of us applied for permanent resident visa before and you should learn many lessons from their process of applications at that time(lazy/hard-working officer,backlog.......)

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  1. We started processing your application on February 12, 2019.
Just got it now.

PHCA

Aug 1, 2017
Calgary, AB
LANDED..........
I told myself I won't call CIC hotline unless they take too long to process my application or have an update but I called them today as I wanted to verify how the process works. The agent confirmed that my file, which went into "in process" status last January 31, 2019, is still in Sydney. She said that they do some processing there and gave "background verification" as an example or guess(?). Once it is ready for test invite, that is the time it is transferred to the applicant's local office and the rest will processed there. She said there is no approximate time as to when my file will be transferred to my local office, which is Calgary. She said it could be in weeks or in months - no one knows but the officer, I guess. So let's hold tight and just review lol.

I remember she even said something defensive like "they do some processing in Sydney, it's not like they don't do anything there" lol she said it in a nice way but I can tell she probably got some calls from people who made it seem like Sydney is not doing their job that's why she got all defensive like that, haha.

Anyway, do you guys know what kind of "background verification" it is? Any idea? o_O

Reactions: baykus

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
I told myself I won't call CIC hotline unless they take too long to process my application or have an update but I called them today as I wanted to verify how the process works. The agent confirmed that my file, which went into "in process" status last January 31, 2019, is still in Sydney. She said that they do some processing there and gave "background verification" as an example or guess(?). Once it is ready for test invite, that is the time it is transferred to the applicant's local office and the rest will processed there. She said there is no approximate time as to when my file will be transferred to my local office, which is Calgary. She said it could be in weeks or in months - no one knows but the officer, I guess. So let's hold tight and just review lol.

I remember she even said something defensive like "they do some processing in Sydney, it's not like they don't do anything there" lol she said it in a nice way but I can tell she probably got some calls from people who made it seem like Sydney is not doing their job that's why she got all defensive like that, haha.

Anyway, do you guys know what kind of "background verification" it is? Any idea? o_O
Security checks and its conducted by CSIS but initiated by someone at Sydney.

dr tarekk

Champion Member
Dec 30, 2013

See,you can review my post before once i replied to this question and said that Sydney does verification ,then once it passed ,file will be transferred to local office for Test/Ceremony ,so i was right

dr tarekk

Champion Member
Dec 30, 2013
Security checks and its conducted by CSIS but initiated by someone at Sydney.
Exactly and this was my point when i said Sydney does verification ,local office just makes review /determine test/ceremony ,that's all ,now you can see how Mississauga office is so slow .

dr tarekk

Champion Member
Dec 30, 2013
Yeah but i think Sydney Office initiates Criminality check for every application and once is passed then file should be in one of the local offices hands. Officer then picks it up and schedule you for a test after a quick review of the file,so Sydney does Criminality for everyone ,this is my view for the whole process.
you can order GCMS notes ,then you can see if one of these things started for your file or not,but i think it is so early to order it now since we just got AOR,you can order it 2-3 months later :

Knowledge: not started
Residence: not started
Language: not started
Prohibition: not started
Criminality: no started
This is was my post 3 days ago ,see what i said ,LOL

Reactions: PHCA

PHCA

Aug 1, 2017
Calgary, AB
LANDED..........
See,you can review my post before once i replied to this question and said that Sydney does verification ,then once it passed ,file will be transferred to local office for Test/Ceremony ,so i was right
yes you are right @dr tarekk hehe.. she said the description of "In Process" status on their website is just general information. Guess I just wanted to verify as it gets confusing since an applicant's file goes through a lot of checks, which is of course understandable right. I just saw so many criteria from people who I believe requested GCMS notes (is that even the right term?) that has a whole list of security, language, residency, etc. and I started wondering if those are all processed in Sydney or in local office.. I always thought it was the local office who processes everything. :D

dr tarekk

Champion Member
Dec 30, 2013
yes you are right @dr tarekk hehe.. she said the description of "In Process" status on their website is just general information. Guess I just wanted to verify as it gets confusing since an applicant's file goes through a lot of checks, which is of course understandable right. I just saw so many criteria from people who I believe requested GCMS notes (is that even the right term?) that has a whole list of security, language, residency, etc. and I started wondering if those are all processed in Sydney or in local office.. I always thought it was the local office who processes everything. :D
Local office is just for quick review of file/test and ceremony ,that's all and then depends on each office if it is active or slow like (Mississauga)
that's why agent told me when i called CIC that if you like ,we can transfer your file to Winnipeg for test/ceremony since you live so far and Mississauga is so far from you OR you can wait our itinerary service , so agent means that once verification is completed,then my file will be transferred for test/ceremony to either Mississauga (take queue ) OR Winnipeg if i request this transfer

Last edited:

SoniaShoeb

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013