+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 - Citizenship Applications

aj1997

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Kitchener
i read in one forum that a person's citizenship application was put on hold because his PR expired and he was told the process will resume once PR is renewed
That is most likely only if their PR card renewal application was sent around the same time as their citizenship application, right?

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
i read in one forum that a person's citizenship application was put on hold because his PR expired and he was told the process will resume once PR is renewed
Yes but that case u r talking abt is quite messed up that guy did so many other things as well along with applying for renewal of PR post test i believe. But yes i believe if u do not intend to travel no need to pay for renewal of PR

click.trick

May 22, 2014
Chilliwack, BC
Yes but that case u r talking abt is quite messed up that guy did so many other things as well along with applying for renewal of PR post test i believe. But yes i believe if u do not intend to travel no need to pay for renewal of PR
i sent my family application yesterday,
i will be sending mine in end of May,
but my PR expires in Sept 2020.
so dont know if i should be renewing my PR incase it took more than a year.

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
i sent my family application yesterday,
i will be sending mine in end of May,
but my PR expires in Sept 2020.
so dont know if i should be renewing my PR incase it took more than a year.
Again if u r not planning to travel avoid renewing it but in case u want to travel renew it before the test stage

baykus

Feb 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
Med's Request
12-03-2015
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Passport Req..
08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
As far as I remember in that case it wasn't simply waiting for PR, there was a problem with applicant's PR renewal. He or she sent a bunch of documents to prove something. I believe that they put on hold his or her citizenship application to see if there is a misrepresentation or some other serious problems in the PR application.

baykus

Feb 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
Med's Request
12-03-2015
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Passport Req..
08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
Yes don't know what is wrong with Mississauga as they r the only one in GTA who do not accept refugee claims as well so backlog and inefficiency is beyond my understanding.
Why we do not have a column for Country of Origin??? Who cares about physical presence days (or it is important I don't know).

If applicants from certain regions, let's say Arab countries, have above average waiting period and if their communities are mostly located in Mississauga, that might be the real reason.

This SS is only for estimating applicant's waiting period and the most important part of it Processing Centers. However, we do not collect that information and blindly know somehow Mississauga is very bad and we do not collect the information to find out the pattern or some clue either.

Data and information is power. This fantastic forum might be more powerful with collecting all relevant data on SS. Is there any thread for suggestions about SS?

Reactions: newbiecitizen

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Either people are not updating thr progress or Mississauga center people are doomed. I just saw even last year March people haven't received test invite. WTF I think I will go dormant thr is no point anticipating wait if it ain't gonna happen for next 6 months at least.

dzei

Dec 5, 2018
Why we do not have a column for Country of Origin??? Who cares about physical presence days (or it is important I don't know).

If applicants from certain regions, let's say Arab countries, have above average waiting period and if their communities are mostly located in Mississauga, that might be the real reason.

This SS is only for estimating applicant's waiting period and the most important part of it Processing Centers. However, we do not collect that information and blindly know somehow Mississauga is very bad and we do not collect the information to find out the pattern or some clue either.

Data and information is power. This fantastic forum might be more powerful with collecting all relevant data on SS. Is there any thread for suggestions about SS?
People might not want to share their country of origin. There are also cases where family applicants have different nationalities. Physical presence days probably don't matter much. With the exception when someone is barely over the 1095 day requirement. In which case the application might get some extra scrutiny. Just a guess though.

Processing Centre would be great to have on the spreadsheet, but you need to call to find that out.

But I agree that the spreadsheet could use a few tweaks. Not really clear how people are allocated to months. Sometimes it's by the date of sending the application, sometimes by the date of the application being received. Would also be great to see other stats than average times because that gets affected by outliers such as urgent and non-routine applications (which should also have a separate column).

baykus

Feb 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
Med's Request
12-03-2015
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Passport Req..
08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
People might not want to share their country of origin. There are also cases where family applicants have different nationalities. Physical presence days probably don't matter much. With the exception when someone is barely over the 1095 day requirement. In which case the application might get some extra scrutiny. Just a guess though.

Processing Centre would be great to have on the spreadsheet, but you need to call to find that out.

But I agree that the spreadsheet could use a few tweaks. Not really clear how people are allocated to months. Sometimes it's by the date of sending the application, sometimes by the date of the application being received. Would also be great to see other stats than average times because that gets affected by outliers such as urgent and non-routine applications (which should also have a separate column).
I don't see any reason not to share an information which will be helpful to understand the process from an anonymous account. Even if some don't want share let's say %30, %70 of the data will give us enough clue. There is something in there nobody understands, it's like random which means it is not fair, and it is not transparent at all. Look, most of us started here as a pr applicant. I understand they do not need to be transparent at that time. Now we are PR we are the part of Canada, we are paying taxes. This is ridiculous. I don't want to get citizenship earlier than a guy just because I live in Scarborough or I am from an European Country. If my application is complete I want to have my Oath Ceremony after the other applicants who sent complete application before me.

So, this is a very important place where we can have insight about what they are hiding. Once we have an idea we can ask for a fair system. You can't just let people suffer in Mississauga center. It is really ridiculous. If there is not enough case officer move around. Either the officers or applicants.

dr tarekk

Champion Member
Dec 30, 2013
Wow how did you know all this info? I always thought once it is "in process" someone from the local office is handling the file, which is why applicants from different locations get test invites and are processed at different times and phase..
I know these information since read so much about the whole process

Reactions: newbiecitizen

dr tarekk

Champion Member
Dec 30, 2013
I don't see any reason not to share an information which will be helpful to understand the process from an anonymous account. Even if some don't want share let's say %30, %70 of the data will give us enough clue. There is something in there nobody understands, it's like random which means it is not fair, and it is not transparent at all. Look, most of us started here as a pr applicant. I understand they do not need to be transparent at that time. Now we are PR we are the part of Canada, we are paying taxes. This is ridiculous. I don't want to get citizenship earlier than a guy just because I live in Scarborough or I am from an European Country. If my application is complete I want to have my Oath Ceremony after the other applicants who sent complete application before me.

So, this is a very important place where we can have insight about what they are hiding. Once we have an idea we can ask for a fair system. You can't just let people suffer in Mississauga center. It is really ridiculous. If there is not enough case officer move around. Either the officers or applicants.
Totally agree with you 100 %