Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Passport Req..
08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
Thanks! I had a headache after listening an awful music for 30 minutes but I got good news. My application is still in Sydney and my processing center is Scarborough. I live in East York so it makes sense.
Could you please modify my location as Scarborough? I think it will be a better representation for comparision sheets.

dr tarekk

Champion Member
Dec 30, 2013
Thanks! I had a headache after listening an awful music for 30 minutes but I got good news. My application is still in Sydney and my processing center is Scarborough. I live in East York so it makes sense.
Could you please modify my location as Scarborough? I think it will be a better representation for comparision sheets.
Great ,see you are in Process and still your file in Sydney,as i guess ,Sydney does Criminal record ,once finished then they pass file to local office to follow next steps( Test/Ceremony...)

Reactions: baykus

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Done. Congrats and hopefully u will be done sooner than us stuck at mississauga

Reactions: baykus

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Great ,see you are in Process and still your file in Sydney,as i guess ,Sydney does Criminal record ,once finished then they pass file to local office to follow next steps( Test/Ceremony...)
I somewhat disagree. I think they do pass on the file to local offices as some of the offices invite for test before the background checks are completed so only possible when they get the file before BGC. But yes process does kick in at sydney and file gets transferred at some point later to local office

dr tarekk

Champion Member
Dec 30, 2013
I somewhat disagree. I think they do pass on the file to local offices as some of the offices invite for test before the background checks are completed so only possible when they get the file before BGC. But yes process does kick in at sydney and file gets transferred at some point later to local office
Yeah,possible since some offices do Test before criminal check,so either Sydney does it before Test OR after it ,mean depends on strategy of every local office

PHCA

Aug 1, 2017
Calgary, AB
LANDED..........
Hey All!!

Just wanna share good news for all November 2018 applicants!!

Received Test invite just a few minutes back. Both Myself and my spouse eligible for appearing for citizenship test received the emails...!!

Test Date : 16th April, 2019

Calgary office is quick!!

Admin - Kindly update the spreadsheet!! Good Luck to all !!

SMS2014
Oh my goodness!!! That is great, congratulations!!! ;) go Calgary!!!! Hope I get good news too soon. :)

Reactions: sms2014 and aj1997

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada.

Did anyone receive this book? I didn't receive anything in the mail.....

sms2014

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada Citizenship application
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2018
AOR Received.
08-01-2019
File Transfer...
In process - 15 January 2019
LANDED..........
April 2015 By Grace of LORD JESUS
Do we receive test invites via email too?
Yes. Just in case somebody needs it, I have copy pasted the wordings of the email and its attachment below.
Test invite email reads like this:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Sir/Madam,
The purpose of this notice is to invite you to a Canadian Citizenship Test.
The date, time and details of your appointment are attached to this email.
· Please read the attached notice carefully to verify the date/time of your appointment and bring all applicable items listed in the attachment to ensure you will be eligible to participate in the Citizenship Test.
· Please print the enclosed attachments and bring to your test appointment
· Please do not arrive more than 1 hour prior to your scheduled Citizenship Test due to the high amount of client volume in the check-in/waiting area.
It is very important that we are notified of any changes in your contact information (i.e. address, email, and telephone number).
Please visit our Web site at www.cic.gc.ca for information on:
1. How to change your contact information;
2. Application processing times;
3. Checking the status of your application.
If you are unable to attend this event, please contact us as soon as possible at
cic-calgary-citizenship@cic.gc.ca to request a new date.
Please include a reasonable explanation as to why you are unable to attend.
Thank you on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, we look forward to your attendance.
----------------------------------------------------------

The pdf attachment in the email reads as below:
-------------
Dear xxxxxxx
Please appear on: 2019/04/16 (yyyy/mm/dd) at xx:00 AM

Thank you for your interest in Canadian citizenship. We are pleased to inform you that you have reached the next stage of your application for Canadian citizenship.
 If you were under 18 years of age or 55 years of age or older on the date you signed your application, you are not required to demonstrate your knowledge of Canada or your knowledge of English or French. You are receiving this notice solely for the purpose of attending an interview with a citizenship officer to verify your identity and the originals of the documents you provided with your application.
 If you were 18 – 54 years of age on the date you signed your application, you are required to demonstrate your knowledge of Canada and knowledge of English or French. You are now invited to write the citizenship test, which assesses your knowledge of Canada and of the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship.
If you do not attend this appointment, at the above date, time and place, and do not contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) within thirty (30) days of the date of the appointment, you will receive a final notice to appear. It is important to be aware that the Citizenship Act contains provisions that treat an application as abandoned if you do not contact IRCC with a reasonable explanation for not attending a test, hearing, oath or other event. It is therefore important that you contact IRCC if you cannot attend a test session. You may contact IRCC via e-mail at cic-calgary-citizenship@cic.gc.ca or at the mailing address below.
When you come to this appointment, you must bring with you:
 this notice;
 2 pieces of personal identification, one of which has your photograph and signature on it;
(e.g. driver's license, health card, Permanent Resident Card, etc.)
 all your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form);
 Permanent Resident Card (if you have ever received one);
 all original passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired).
For applicants who must write the citizenship test
You may write the test in English or French. To help you prepare for the test, we encourage you to review the study guide “Discover Canada: The Rights and Responsibilities of Canadian Citizenship", which was provided to you either by mail or by electronic web link. “Discover Canada” is the only publication you need to study for the test. The study guide is also available in alternate formats, including audio at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/index.asp
When you write your test, you will also be interviewed by a citizenship officer to verify your identity and the originals of the documents you provided at the time you applied. During the interview, your knowledge of English or French will be verified. For more information on the official language requirement for citizenship, please consult your application package or visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=567&top=5
TEST/INTERVIEW FACILITIES: Only those scheduled for the written test or interview are allowed in the testing/interview room. If you bring young children, you should have someone with you to watch over them. If you cannot make suitable arrangements for child care, your appointment can be rescheduled for a later date.
Thank you again for your interest in Canadian citizenship and we look forward to seeing you.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Citizenship Program
xxxxxxx (address)
www.cic.gc.ca

Reactions: Dasani

sms2014

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada Citizenship application
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2018
AOR Received.
08-01-2019
File Transfer...
In process - 15 January 2019
LANDED..........
April 2015 By Grace of LORD JESUS
Oh my goodness!!! That is great, congratulations!!! ;) go Calgary!!!! Hope I get good news too soon. :)
Thank you PHCA!! You will get your test invite soon!! Good Luck!!

PHCA

Aug 1, 2017
Calgary, AB
LANDED..........
Yes. Just in case somebody needs it, I have copy pasted the wordings of the email and its attachment below.
Test invite email reads like this:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Sir/Madam,
The purpose of this notice is to invite you to a Canadian Citizenship Test.
The date, time and details of your appointment are attached to this email.
· Please read the attached notice carefully to verify the date/time of your appointment and bring all applicable items listed in the attachment to ensure you will be eligible to participate in the Citizenship Test.
· Please print the enclosed attachments and bring to your test appointment
· Please do not arrive more than 1 hour prior to your scheduled Citizenship Test due to the high amount of client volume in the check-in/waiting area.
It is very important that we are notified of any changes in your contact information (i.e. address, email, and telephone number).
Please visit our Web site at www.cic.gc.ca for information on:
1. How to change your contact information;
2. Application processing times;
3. Checking the status of your application.
If you are unable to attend this event, please contact us as soon as possible at
cic-calgary-citizenship@cic.gc.ca to request a new date.
Please include a reasonable explanation as to why you are unable to attend.
Thank you on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, we look forward to your attendance.
----------------------------------------------------------

The pdf attachment in the email reads as below:
-------------
Dear xxxxxxx
Please appear on: 2019/04/16 (yyyy/mm/dd) at xx:00 AM

Thank you for your interest in Canadian citizenship. We are pleased to inform you that you have reached the next stage of your application for Canadian citizenship.
 If you were under 18 years of age or 55 years of age or older on the date you signed your application, you are not required to demonstrate your knowledge of Canada or your knowledge of English or French. You are receiving this notice solely for the purpose of attending an interview with a citizenship officer to verify your identity and the originals of the documents you provided with your application.
 If you were 18 – 54 years of age on the date you signed your application, you are required to demonstrate your knowledge of Canada and knowledge of English or French. You are now invited to write the citizenship test, which assesses your knowledge of Canada and of the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship.
If you do not attend this appointment, at the above date, time and place, and do not contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) within thirty (30) days of the date of the appointment, you will receive a final notice to appear. It is important to be aware that the Citizenship Act contains provisions that treat an application as abandoned if you do not contact IRCC with a reasonable explanation for not attending a test, hearing, oath or other event. It is therefore important that you contact IRCC if you cannot attend a test session. You may contact IRCC via e-mail at cic-calgary-citizenship@cic.gc.ca or at the mailing address below.
When you come to this appointment, you must bring with you:
 this notice;
 2 pieces of personal identification, one of which has your photograph and signature on it;
(e.g. driver's license, health card, Permanent Resident Card, etc.)
 all your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form);
 Permanent Resident Card (if you have ever received one);
 all original passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired).
For applicants who must write the citizenship test
You may write the test in English or French. To help you prepare for the test, we encourage you to review the study guide “Discover Canada: The Rights and Responsibilities of Canadian Citizenship", which was provided to you either by mail or by electronic web link. “Discover Canada” is the only publication you need to study for the test. The study guide is also available in alternate formats, including audio at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/index.asp
When you write your test, you will also be interviewed by a citizenship officer to verify your identity and the originals of the documents you provided at the time you applied. During the interview, your knowledge of English or French will be verified. For more information on the official language requirement for citizenship, please consult your application package or visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=567&top=5
TEST/INTERVIEW FACILITIES: Only those scheduled for the written test or interview are allowed in the testing/interview room. If you bring young children, you should have someone with you to watch over them. If you cannot make suitable arrangements for child care, your appointment can be rescheduled for a later date.
Thank you again for your interest in Canadian citizenship and we look forward to seeing you.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Citizenship Program
xxxxxxx (address)
www.cic.gc.ca
Wow okay thank u!! Hope I receive this soon. ;) happy reviewing and good luck!!!

newbiecitizen

Aug 20, 2018
But for starting u need that data bcz u dont know ur processing office until ur file is transfsrred and many wont even call to know that. So only way people know is once they get the invite.

One of the surprising things for me is there is one office in etobicoke as well but havent come across anyone got processed there. Dont know whst that office is for
One of my friend from Oakville got end to end completed in 7.5 months. Does Oakville has an office or it also come to missisauga !