+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 - Citizenship Applications

A1969

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Ecas showing in process
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 8, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 21, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on January 28, 2019.
Hello PhdStream, what is Ecas, where did you find it, did they send an email after the email of AOR? I am also from Ottawa.
I could not find it on their website.I will highly appreciate your early response. Thank you.

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Hello PhdStream, what is Ecas, where did you find it, did they send an email after the email of AOR? I am also from Ottawa.
I could not find it on their website.I will highly appreciate your early response. Thank you.
Ecas is online tool to check status of ur application. After AOR they only send email/mail if they require something from u. In Process status means they started working on ur file.

You can use below website to check ur status

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

sspur

Aug 11, 2014
Hi,
I sent 3 applications together and delivered on 16th Nov. So far i have not received any AOR email. My online status is showing as below.
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 19, 2018.
Is this is AOR??
Also my wife and son application status were not updated.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hi,
I sent 3 applications together and delivered on 16th Nov. So far i have not received any AOR email. My online status is showing as below.
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 19, 2018.
Is this is AOR??
You might have received an email from Client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca ... please check your junk folder. That email is your AOR. Only after receiving AOR email (typically after 1-2 days), you will be able to see your application status online on Ecas.

baykus

Feb 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
Med's Request
12-03-2015
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Passport Req..
08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
Hi,
Is this is AOR??
Yes it is AOR., congrats but not receiving emails is a problem. Did you check your spam/junk folder? Maybe you can contact them about it.

sspur

Aug 11, 2014
Yes it is AOR., congrats but not receiving emails is a problem. Did you check your spam/junk folder? Maybe you can contact them about it.
Thanks.
What about for the other two applications?? Ecas is updated only for My UCI

dr tarekk

Champion Member
Dec 30, 2013
Guys who asking when Citizenship Test date will be,to answer to this question,please check SS,you will notice that October applicatns did not receive anything until now,75% September applicants did not received it,More than half August applicants did not receive it,even July applicants (Almost half of them without Test letter until now) imagine!!!!so as i said in this form before,the game of waiting started now ,it could takes 5 months to get Test letter ,of course there are exeptional cases ,so we will have a long time of waiting here,you will see ,the waiting period started now .

dr tarekk

Champion Member
Dec 30, 2013
Hi,
Is this is AOR??
You can not see your status Online without receiving AOR ,your file will not be in the System without it,most likely you receive it and you did not realize that it

dr tarekk

Champion Member
Dec 30, 2013
likelihood of people not providing the information once having received an AOR make them confident and refraining from the forum???
There are many applicants in this form already received AOR and did not share this information,they just follow this form silently Lol

Reactions: PHCA

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
I have a situation, please let me know your opinion. We are expecting our first baby, due on end of March, and not sure at this point how we should proceed. In my head there are two options:

Option 1: Wait and do nothing at this point. If we get test invite for the day which is not practically possible for us to attend, write to CIC to change date. However, in my opinion changing date once CIC already allocated for us will lead to an unnecessary delay as their dates are already full and if I ask to change we have to wait until some other cancel their. Thus this leads me to my second option.

Option 2: Ask CIC to not to send us a test invite until mid-May, by the time when we are okay to attend test/interview. This is based on my assumption that it takes, normally, 2.5-3 months to get test date from the day our application started to be processed. If we ask to change now, they will record this in their system and send test invitation during our desire time frame.

Please let me know if my assumptions are reasonable or not and which option is better for us.

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
I have a situation, please let me know your opinion. We are expecting our first baby, due on end of March, and not sure at this point how we should proceed. In my head there are two options:

Option 1: Wait and do nothing at this point. If we get test invite for the day which is not practically possible for us to attend, write to CIC to change date. However, in my opinion changing date once CIC already allocated for us will lead to an unnecessary delay as their dates are already full and if I ask to change we have to wait until some other cancel their. Thus this leads me to my second option.

Option 2: Ask CIC to not to send us a test invite until mid-May, by the time when we are okay to attend test/interview. This is based on my assumption that it takes, normally, 2.5-3 months to get test date from the day our application started to be processed. If we ask to change now, they will record this in their system and send test invitation during our desire time frame.

Please let me know if my assumptions are reasonable or not and which option is better for us.
Recently somebody reported that when they send test invite there is a link in email which allows u to go online and reschedule ur test to other dates if u r not available on said date. Once u reschedule ur initial appointment gets cancelled. I would suggest u to wait and see when they will send an email rather than informing and delaying processing of ur app