+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 - Citizenship Applications

Xtopher

May 11, 2016
Hi, I sent in my application in November and was delivered Nov 7. I received a mail on Jan 15th with a letter stating my photos were not included. In the same mail there was a sticky attached with a note apologizing for their error and that the photos were found. They attached the photos and asked me to resend the same application with the photos which i did immediately. My question is, will my application be considered a November application or i fall in the January application pool now?

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Hi, I sent in my application in November and was delivered Nov 7. I received a mail on Jan 15th with a letter stating my photos were not included. In the same mail there was a sticky attached with a note apologizing for their error and that the photos were found. They attached the photos and asked me to resend the same application with the photos which i did immediately. My question is, will my application be considered a November application or i fall in the January application pool now?
Well if they found the photos why the hell did they return ur app? You should have included a cover letter to ask them to consider ur app being received in November. We really wont be able tell as this is quite a unique case unless someone who experienced similar situation comes up

baykus

Feb 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
Med's Request
12-03-2015
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Passport Req..
08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
I guess I can give you one situation (Not sure if it fits to Indian case, but this is the case for me), where not renouncing citizenship is troublesome (in addition to being illegal)

Lets say I am a citizen of country X. Now, if I visit X, on my return, I need to show my PR card to board plane plus to custom officer (yes country X requires every traveler to show a proof that s/he has permit to go to the destination to the custom officer as well). If I receive Canadian citizenship, I will no longer have PR card. So on my return to Canada I am required to show Canadian passport to prove both the airline and custom officer that I do not need to return to Canada. At that point, they will ask you a letter of Citizenship renouncement of Country X.

I have two options, one never go to Country X (but my parents, siblings all are there) or just renew US visa on X's passport (again and again) and buy two way ticket (X to USA and USA to X) and USA to Canada, each time that I want to return to Canada.
What if you enter India or Country X as a Canadian Citizen? Like a tourist. And leave country X as a tourist? Inside the country we can use our national id if we need to something as a citizen.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
What if you enter India or Country X as a Canadian Citizen? Like a tourist. And leave country X as a tourist? Inside the country we can use our national id if we need to something as a citizen.
Do not you think, Country X does not have database with your name, date of birth and place of birth (these info are same for any passport you carry together with your bio-metric scan and moreover is already in Country X database). Believe me, some countries are really very strict about citizenship and no way they allow any of their citizen to have dual citizenship.

dr tarekk

Champion Member
Dec 30, 2013
What is the mess!! if they found your photos ,so why did they return your application ?you should send them a cover letter asking them to consider you as Nov applicant since it is not your fault at all .

Reactions: Vesimsyd

hardnut

Aug 23, 2018
Brampton, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011
Jan appl. pool. Why I am saying this because of my own experience; My appl was received on sept 6 and returned dec 4 saying I did not include the fees receipt. Even though I am a million % sure I sent the fees receipt . They asked me to send the same appl. with the copy of the receipt which I did on Dec 5 and I wrote "RESUBMISSION" on the envelope. Still, I have NOT yet got my AOR which means it is being treated as Dec. appl. and not sept . application.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Ecas showing in process
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 8, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 21, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on January 28, 2019.

milansaha

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5/5/2014
Nomination.....