+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 - Citizenship Applications

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Thanks for the update. You would receive AOR soon. Good luck.

Anymore suggestions on the second point as I asked. I have one vote for now.
Instruction guide very specifically deals with using expired ielts result which u previously used for PR or immigration. So NO you do not need to redo ielts as the one u submitted is acceptable proof of language

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Hello Senior Forum Members, I have a question on which I need help.

I and my spouse applied for citizenship together as a family application. We have recieved AOR and are waiting for test invite.

My spouse has now decided to not take Canadian citizenship (as it requires losing Indian citizenship). I understand that the test invite will be received by both together, pls. advise how and at which point should we withdraw spouse's application without impacting my application.
a) should we email right now
b) should I proceed to test; and attend ceremony - will I be allowed to do that alone if my spouse does not appear for test and does not communicate anything (as it is a family application)
c) should I proceed to test; and carry a letter about intent to withdraw from spouse

Any other options pls.

Also is it possible to get a refund of processing fees for spouse application.

Thanks a lot.
Hi,

I don't know what your circumstances are to come to that decision but I will comment on a generic view.

My suggestion is you don't withdraw your file.

Get Canadian citizenship then apply for OCI (Overseas Citizen of India). This is the only way you can be somewhat a dual citizen.

baykus

Feb 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
Med's Request
12-03-2015
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Passport Req..
08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015

I and my spouse applied for citizenship together as a family application. We have recieved AOR and are waiting for test invite.

My spouse has now decided to not take Canadian citizenship (as it requires losing Indian citizenship). I understand that the test invite will be received by both together, pls. advise how and at which point should we withdraw spouse's application without impacting my application.
b) should I proceed to test; and attend ceremony - will I be allowed to do that alone if my spouse does not appear for test and does not communicate anything (as it is a family application)
c) should I proceed to test; and carry a letter about intent to withdraw from spouse

Any other options pls.

Thanks a lot.
It is a difficult situation but I did not understand one point: How does the Indian Government know that you become a Canadian Citizen and you need to revoke your citizenship? I believe it is only in theory and on paper, they can not know if there is not a strange communication between India and Canada.

Vesimsyd

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
It is a difficult situation but I did not understand one point: How does the Indian Government know that you become a Canadian Citizen and revoke your citizenship? I believe it is only in theory and on paper, they can not know if there is not a strange communication between India and Canada.
It's very complicated in India . :)

visaforca

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Calgary
It is a difficult situation but I did not understand one point: How does the Indian Government know that you become a Canadian Citizen and you need to revoke your citizenship? I believe it is only in theory and on paper, they can not know if there is not a strange communication between India and Canada.
I think you have to surrender Indian passport after citizenship or before fly to India with$$$.
At that time they know about citizenship change.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
I guess I can give you one situation (Not sure if it fits to Indian case, but this is the case for me), where not renouncing citizenship is troublesome (in addition to being illegal)

Lets say I am a citizen of country X. Now, if I visit X, on my return, I need to show my PR card to board plane plus to custom officer (yes country X requires every traveler to show a proof that s/he has permit to go to the destination to the custom officer as well). If I receive Canadian citizenship, I will no longer have PR card. So on my return to Canada I am required to show Canadian passport to prove both the airline and custom officer that I do not need to return to Canada. At that point, they will ask you a letter of Citizenship renouncement of Country X.

I have two options, one never go to Country X (but my parents, siblings all are there) or just renew US visa on X's passport (again and again) and buy two way ticket (X to USA and USA to X) and USA to Canada, each time that I want to return to Canada.

sms2014

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada Citizenship application
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2018
AOR Received.
08-01-2019
File Transfer...
In process - 15 January 2019
LANDED..........
April 2015 By Grace of LORD JESUS
Reactions: kirtivsingh

dr tarekk

Champion Member
Dec 30, 2013
Finally Got AOR few minutes ago
Please Update SS
Thank you so much and good luck to everyone.
Now i will wait from them just one email(will do Test and ceremony in one day since i live in very Rural area)

Reactions: baykus

gentleiphy

May 18, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
PER 14-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015..SLU 21-07-15(Medical result received)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2015
LANDED..........
06-11-2015
IRCC seems not to be following application received date.I can see so many Nov 2nd to Nov 19 still waiting and they jumped to Nov 21 and Nov 22.

Congratulations to all AOR recipients...

hardnut

Aug 23, 2018
Brampton, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011

Any other options pls.

Thanks a lot.
Read this link abt withdrawing ;
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=735&top=5

You have to send them a paper form CIT 0027 E for withdrawal not just an email.