Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Man i did read ur link and in no way i am claiming to know more than IRCC. Point i am trying to make which u r failing to understand is local office do get involved whether it be tests, interview and/or ceremonies that require them to have ur case get transferred to them whether it be partial or in full. This is where the processing speed of local office comes into play. Go to spreadsheet and u will notice files sent from calgary are moving way faster than anyother place, so if CPC sydney is processing as per ur claim why is that GTA applicants still waiting for results even after 1 yr and calgary ppl getting citizenship in few months?
No one can answer that just like in PR cases some get in 2-3 months and some take 6-9 months. thr is no pattern or order. It could be different people run on different speeds. Could be different applications have different circumstances. And making a judgment that Calgary gets processed faster than GTA is not an educated guess as we don't even have 10 % of stats through this web sheet where a niche of us share info.
and even if I look at that stats presented in location sheet of ON & AB I don't see much of a difference between Brampton to Calgary.
So I don't understand where your judgment came from? Did you short sight it from a couple of application in Nov sheet?

A1969

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Man i did read ur link and in no way i am claiming to know more than IRCC. Point i am trying to make which u r failing to understand is local office do get involved whether it be tests, interview and/or ceremonies that require them to have ur case get transferred to them whether it be partial or in full. This is where the processing speed of local office comes into play. Go to spreadsheet and u will notice files sent from calgary are moving way faster than anyother place, so if CPC sydney is processing as per ur claim why is that GTA applicants still waiting for results even after 1 yr and calgary ppl getting citizenship in few months?
Yes, the file goes to local office, recently I experienced a case in Ottawa; the applicant was advised to submit additional document in Ottawa.

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
No one can answer that just like in PR cases some get in 2-3 months and some take 6-9 months. thr is no pattern or order. It could be different people run on different speeds. Could be different applications have different circumstances. And making a judgment that Calgary gets processed faster than GTA is not an educated guess as we don't even have 10 % of stats through this web sheet where a niche of us share info.
and even if I look at that stats presented in location sheet of ON & AB I don't see much of a difference between Brampton to Calgary.
So I don't understand where your judgment came from? Did you short sight it from a couple of application in Nov sheet?
Hi Kirtivsingh,

Hope you remember me from our PR application days.

If you see closely at the trends from August to November, it does look like calgary applicants are processed faster.

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Yes, the file goes to local office, recently I experienced a case in Ottawa; the applicant was advised to submit additional document in Ottawa.
Well here you go but i am sure kirti will keep insisting otherwise

Man there is a thread called Mississauga applicants go there and see there cries bcz majority is waiting and past their 1 yr deadline. But again not just november data go in each month calgary moves way quicker whether it be AOR or steps post AOR. But u r entitled to ur opinion but i beg to differ

A1969

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Well here you go but i am sure kirti will keep insisting otherwise

Man there is a thread called Mississauga applicants go there and see there cries bcz majority is waiting and past their 1 yr deadline. But again not just november data go in each month calgary moves way quicker whether it be AOR or steps post AOR. But u r entitled to ur opinion but i beg to differ
Yes, Calgary goes faster.

A1969

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Hi Kirtivsingh,

Hope you remember me from our PR application days.

If you see closely at the trends from August to November, it does look like calgary applicants are processed faster.
Here you go, yes, Calgary goes faster. You are right.

baykus

Feb 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
Med's Request
12-03-2015
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Passport Req..
08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
In order to get random selection without order or pattern, they have to pick applicants randomly i e. Lottery. Of course there is a pattern we might not have enough data to see the pattern or it might be very complicated to figure it out. But none of those are reason not to make a guess. Calgary is the fastest for some reason. Any guess? Are they lucky?

PHCA

Aug 1, 2017
Calgary, AB
LANDED..........
Today is exactly 2 months from when they received my application... so anxious if I'm going to get AOR, return, or just forgotten like some in this forum.. :(

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
In order to get random selection without order or pattern, they have to pick applicants randomly i e. Lottery. Of course there is a pattern we might not have enough data to see the pattern or it might be very complicated to figure it out. But none of those are reason not to make a guess. Calgary is the fastest for some reason. Any guess? Are they lucky?
Few reasons I can think of:
1. Calgary is a smaller city compared to other big centers.
2. Calgary's job market is one of the worst in the past 3 to 4 years. It was one of the best in Canada prior to 2014.
3. People have left the city to find work elsewhere. I have seen lot of graduates from University of Alberta/Calgary moved to Toronto for work.
4. Given the decline in Calgary's population, there might be excess capacity at CIC Calgary office.

sms2014

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada Citizenship application
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2018
AOR Received.
08-01-2019
File Transfer...
In process - 15 January 2019
LANDED..........
April 2015 By Grace of LORD JESUS
One wild guess would be individual officer at Sydney CPC dedicated to applications received from each province. Maybe the officer for Alberta is the quickest or probably not swamped with applications as all other provinces...

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Everyone is saying Calgary is fastest, how do you all know that?
the best of stats we have is the spreadsheet. I can't see anything which suggests Calgary is fastest.
Just for example IN November applicants, most people are from 1st week delivered to date, only 2 from Nov 16 1 from Calgary and 1 from Milton aka GTA.

Average time of AOR
JAN Cal - 38 / Brampton 34 / Toronto 36
FEB Cal - 29 / Brampton 26 / Toronto 25
MAR Cal - 17 / Brampton 16 / Toronto 23
APR Cal - 46 / Brampton 41 / Toronto 52

Please explain me with facts and not just stating from your feelings. Because grass is always greener on the other side.

baykus

Feb 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
Med's Request
12-03-2015
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Passport Req..
08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
Few reasons I can think of:
1. Calgary is a smaller city compared to other big centers.
2. Calgary's job market is one of the worst in the past 3 to 4 years. It was one of the best in Canada prior to 2014.
3. People have left the city to find work elsewhere. I have seen lot of graduates from University of Alberta/Calgary moved to Toronto for work.
4. Given the decline in Calgary's population, there might be excess capacity at CIC Calgary office.
The good point: it is mentioned that SS is not even represent 10% of the all data. So the question is now is that information very different than overall picture? If we are random applicant entering our information on SS. Yes. We are representing whole applicants. But I guess we are a little bit different. We are trying to search, get online help, following up everything, questioning all steps etc. So I am guessing we are the applicants who do not have too much problems with paperworks. And it makes a huge difference. If overall processing time is 1 year, SS avarege should be lower than that and it makes sense.

baykus

Feb 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
Med's Request
12-03-2015
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Passport Req..
08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
Today is exactly 2 months from when they received my application... so anxious if I'm going to get AOR, return, or just forgotten like some in this forum.. :(
Avarage is something like 70 days. Don't worry you will get AOR soon.

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
Everyone is saying Calgary is fastest, how do you all know that?
the best of stats we have is the spreadsheet. I can't see anything which suggests Calgary is fastest.
Just for example IN November applicants, most people are from 1st week delivered to date, only 2 from Nov 16 1 from Calgary and 1 from Milton aka GTA.

Average time of AOR
JAN Cal - 38 / Brampton 34 / Toronto 36
FEB Cal - 29 / Brampton 26 / Toronto 25
MAR Cal - 17 / Brampton 16 / Toronto 23
APR Cal - 46 / Brampton 41 / Toronto 52

Please explain me with facts and not just stating from your feelings. Because grass is always greener on the other side.
If you look at the average time for completed applications, it shows some trend. But you are correct, we are looking at a small dataset.

App. Completed in average days
JAN Cal - 308 (23 applicants) / Brampton 328 (3 applicants) / Toronto 340 (26 applicants)
FEB Cal - 268 (14 applicants) / Brampton 286 (7 applicants) / Toronto 313 (32 applicants)
MAR Cal - 271 (13 applicants) / Brampton 247 (5 applicants) / Toronto 310 (25 applicants)
April Cal - 294 (16 applicants) / Brampton (none completed) / Toronto 298 (29 applicants)

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
my take, the strike messed up the order of receipt.
I think there was no strike in the first half of the year.

Someone pointed out that local offices are involved in the citizenship test, oath etc. This makes complete sense that some offices have more capacity than the other and the timelines can vary based on that.