+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 - Citizenship Applications

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
16th November 2018...I myself am surprised...I didn't opt fast processing either....maybe good news for all November applicants soon
Yup i expected it to start next week but its bit sooner then we though, God bless canada post strikers so mid november person got it i hope early november ppl report as well once they visit forum

sms2014

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada Citizenship application
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2018
AOR Received.
08-01-2019
File Transfer...
In process - 15 January 2019
LANDED..........
April 2015 By Grace of LORD JESUS

sms2014

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2018
AOR Received.
08-01-2019
File Transfer...
LANDED..........

dimon__ch

Dec 23, 2018
Montreal
incredible, we will see what happens next. One of my guess is that envelopes piled up at the sorting facility during the strike and nobody cares to check the stamps. stamps can be random too. congrats anyway
You've been in Canada for a while, and still guessing. My friends and colleagues who have applied this year were processed randomly, I can give you an example my friend sent his application in January 2018 and his family was invited to the exam for January 2019, my colleague sent his application in May 2018 and he already passed his exam in October 2018, and I know a couple more examples.

dr tarekk

Champion Member
Dec 30, 2013
You've been in Canada for a while, and still guessing. My friends and colleagues who have applied this year were processed randomly, I can give you an example my friend sent his application in January 2018 and his family was invited to the exam for January 2019, my colleague sent his application in May 2018 and he already passed his exam in October 2018, and I know a couple more examples.
i don't think so regarding to receiving AOR ,but regarding to processing ,yeah maybe you are right ,sometimes it happens randomly ,every case is different ,for example you will not believe me if i tell you that applications from the city i live are processed specially ,such Oath Ceremony and test's date are within 2 days ,one day is for test date ,then second day is ceremony ,this is because the area where i live is so rural ,is located at North Western Ontario ,no immigrants here , Lol just me ,believe me

Last edited:
Reactions: dimon__ch

dimon__ch

Dec 23, 2018
Montreal
so, you are telling me that some areas here just make no sense and the only solution is put up with it?
I just provided some info to think about, it's up to you to decide if you'd like to keep guessing in which order they put envelops or just relax and don't put hopes up too much. According to my experience and experience of my friends, I already saw multiple times when the system doesn't work as we expect. To me, the main thing is only my application not being returned in case of any mistakes. By the way, what you're going to do if smt won't go as you expect?

dimon__ch

Dec 23, 2018
Montreal
thank you for invaluable info. good luck
You're welcome, probably it's gonna be helpful for somebody. Unfortunately, the process is not based on your expectation, there is a reality, that's not smt I have made up in order to make you upset. Most of the time it's really hard to accept a truth, it's a normal human being behavior.

dimon__ch

Dec 23, 2018
Montreal
i don't think so regarding to receiving AOR ,but regarding to processing ,yeah maybe you are right ,sometimes it happens randomly ,every case is different ,for example you will not believe me if i tell you that applications from the city i live are processed specially ,such Oath Ceremony and test's date are within 2 days ,one day is for test date ,then second day is ceremony ,this is because the area where i live is so rural ,is located at North Western Ontario ,no immigrants here , Lol just me ,believe me
I believe you=). But take a look at spreadsheet, only 56 % of application from October have received AOR, and November has already started receiving AOR, so I would say according to the data I currently see that sometimes the system doesn't work as expected. Anyway, I don't want to make the people feel bad. Just shared what I know about some cases and some obvious things.

Last edited:

Jassvirk

Jan 9, 2019
Hello all

App sent-Nov2nd 2018
App received-Nov 6th2018
Aor- pending

Waiting for Aor.i was worried that i am late.But whoever applied in Nov waiting for aor to come.Little bit relaxed here lol

baykus

Feb 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
Med's Request
12-03-2015
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Passport Req..
08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
I am looking at the spreadsheets now and I do not see anything random. If there is a pattern in it, it is not random. This is a statistical data and people are trying to guess the reasons for individual deviations from the median.
The question is why Japanese people live longer and your answer is: lifespan is a random number, one young guy just died. No, it is not random, we are expecting to live let's say 70 years.

sms2014

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2018
AOR Received.
08-01-2019
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
Nope. ECAs not yet active...I believe it will take a couple of days...
ECAs is active now...can see 2 lines.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 16, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 8, 2019.