+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 - Citizenship Applications

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
No need. The baby is not involved in this application. If it was born in Canada, it is Canadian. If it was born outside, you will need to apply for a visa for it, and go through sponsorship. Anyway, it does not affect your family eligibility and you have no obligation to alert them.
Thanks ..

kkk3532

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
So is there anyway to correct it before my application is rejected.
no i call when i realized this error , they told me that if you send additional documents it will be lost and also your file may get delayed as real time file number is not generated before opening the case , so it worthless to send them , if you are lucky and they consider your file , they can ask additional documents later on.

cool_tech_guy

Jan 3, 2019
Hello Folks,

I have couple of questions, I have applied for Child Sponsorship in 2018 June, and her application is in process She was born in March 2018 in India, i came back and i submitted the dependent child application which is still under process. Recently i have accomplished my eligibility for Canadian Citizenship I have submitted my single application on november 28th and received at CPC Sydney on Dec 3rd 2018. My question is hopefully my daughter application will be completed in couple of months if she is landed here as PR. Do i need to update IRCC to process her Citizenship as well? Or Do i need to wait for my citizenship to be completed ?

eveben

Oct 16, 2018
I provided my PR card as the photo ID, I don't know whether they will ask me to provide additional ID. Anyway, I got AOR. Let's see what will happen.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Folks,
My question is hopefully my daughter application will be completed in couple of months if she is landed here as PR. Do i need to update IRCC to process her Citizenship as well? Or Do i need to wait for my citizenship to be completed ?
Do you have a reason to assume she will be eligible for citizenship? The baby need to satisfy the 1095 days condition.

Hello Folks,

I have couple of questions,
What other questions do you have?

baykus

Feb 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
Med's Request
12-03-2015
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Passport Req..
08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
Reactions: PHCA

syedpost

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
toronto
Visa Office......
islamabad
AOR Received.
May2011
File Transfer...
July 2011
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2012
Passport Req..
still awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
inshallah
LANDED..........
20-08-2014
Hi Folks,
please disregard if not related question for this thread but I was just wondering I have applied for Canadian citizenship but my PR has also expired so Do i need to invest in PR renewal process application while I m awaiting the Citizenship process to complete. I am not planning to go out of the Country anytime soon unless its an emergency. If I need to apply for PR do you folks any idea what is the processing time for PR renewal?

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
Hi Folks,
please disregard if not related question for this thread but I was just wondering I have applied for Canadian citizenship but my PR has also expired so Do i need to invest in PR renewal process application while I m awaiting the Citizenship process to complete. I am not planning to go out of the Country anytime soon unless its an emergency. If I need to apply for PR do you folks any idea what is the processing time for PR renewal?
I have read some where that our PR card has to be valid during the citizenship process.

Time line for renewal is below:
Permanent Resident cards

Renewing or replacing a PR card

60 days

Reactions: byrwus

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Hi Folks,
No if you are not planning to travel u can opt not to renew PR card.

As for comment above u need to have a valid PR status during citizenship not PR Card, totally different thing.

So in my opinion if u want to not invest then dont no harm to ur citizenship as u r still PR even if ur card expires

Ystl

Jan 5, 2019
I forgot to sign the back of my citizenship passport photograph. Does anyone think that will cause a delay?