FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20 November
AOR Received.
20 November
I’m just worried that it doesn’t take another year of waiting as they don’t give us a definite timeline; the waiting seems so uncertain. I want to try and forget that I ever applied and make different plans. I never thought it’ll be such a bad experience.
Hi have you confirmed that security is passed . I think u might be in security.
What's your nationality if u don't mind.
Other thing might be the quota and batch.
I think Ottawa is preparing a PPR batch soon but they must be very tight as yearly quota might be very less remaining.
Anyways good luck to all . I did remed ten days ago.

Reactions: Asher7

Asher7

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Hi have you confirmed that security is passed . I think u might be in security.
What's your nationality if u don't mind.
Other thing might be the quota and batch.
I think Ottawa is preparing a PPR batch soon but they must be very tight as yearly quota might be very less remaining.
Anyways good luck to all . I did remed ten days ago.
Hey my nationality is Indian, i passed re-med on 29th Oct. I don’t know what the hold up is my cousin in Canada called on my behalf on 30th Oct and they said the back ground check is in progress. I really don’t know how much time they’ll take. I wrote to Ottawa vo and they replied saying file is in queue for review! God only knows. Do you think ordering gcms again is helpful?

Nov 30, 2019
I’m just worried that it doesn’t take another year of waiting as they don’t give us a definite timeline; the waiting seems so uncertain. I want to try and forget that I ever applied and make different plans. I never thought it’ll be such a bad experience.
I understand your state of mind. The act of applying is irreversible in a sense that we built a plethora of dreams around Canadian residence. The time estimates are of course of no relevance anymore. All we can do is sit back and relax. And every night before going to sleep pray for a brighter and luckier tomorrow.

Ojans19

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
I feel the same way Bro.. I have finally given up... Today I tried to prepare my mind for another 7 months of waiting

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Hi Everyone. I have been a silent reader for exactly an year now. I am an Indian residing in Saudi Arabia and had applied exactly an year ago, on November 30, 2018. In this past one year the only communication I received from IRCC was a request letter for Saudi PCC in the month of January 2019. After that event nothing has happened. An auto change in my medical status happened on October 10, 2019 and it changed to not required. The medicals were an year old by then. I haven't received any remedical request. I wrote to the office of the Immigration Minister in July, and in September received a reply from his office confirming the presence of my application in London office. They wrote it was undergoing statutory background checks back then. I had also written to London office the same day and received a reply from them around the end of September. They sent me a single line email saying my application is awaiting review by an Immigration Officer. Over this past year I have gone through the CIC page on a daily basis. Now I feel like I have reached a dead end. How does one make sense of anything that's happening or not happening. Is this a vindictive behavior because of my ethnicity, religion or some other reason. Or as I want to believe it's just incompetence on part of the agency.
My brother is in similar situation. Rcmp clearance was asked in May and was submitted within 30 days. No update since then and similar emails came from Ottawa office like the ones you got (awaiting officer review). I think they just send standard templates

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I have no idea, it doesn't say anything in the GCMS notes.
No gift deed or anything like that. I had a large sum of money deposited into the account once our child was born, but that is just the money for my wifes maternity leave(you usually get your average salary multiplied by 3 months of the leave)
But we have explained it in a LOE.
Or maybe it's because the account shows nore funds than we initially stated in the the EE profile
Why was large amount deposited?

newbulu

Nov 15, 2019
Hey my nationality is Indian, i passed re-med on 29th Oct. I don’t know what the hold up is my cousin in Canada called on my behalf on 30th Oct and they said the back ground check is in progress. I really don’t know how much time they’ll take. I wrote to Ottawa vo and they replied saying file is in queue for review! God only knows. Do you think ordering gcms again is helpful?
same here, i passed re-med on 24th Oct. Raised Webform and got generic reply that my application is still under process. Now i am waiting for GCMS notes now... I have one question though. My application has reached 1 year and 1 month, will CIC request another new set of PCC because of PCC validation?

Last edited:

Sabisingh1016

Star Member
Aug 2, 2019
4. Sabisingh1016. Aor nov 2nd. Vo ottawa. No rr no remedical no updates after expiration of medicals. Bg still in progress. Actually no update since april 2019. Stopped thinking of all this. Rarely check any forum. Just trying to focus on wat i have. All excitement about canada vanished. Only silence is wat is prevailing. ☺☺☺

Ojans19

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
AOR 23rd Nov.
Remedical passed
Security in process.. May take up to 7 more months.
Everything else Passed.