+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

jumppluffww

Sep 13, 2019
Finally, some of my own understandings of the process that I haven't seen in this thread:

I think the way ADR works is that, someone will check the case after exactly 30 days (the time given to submit ADR), because in the notes I saw someone checked on Feb 2, and unfortunately, my police record arrived a few days later and it was completely out of my control. If the ADR is provided within 30 days (and of course, you still need to be lucky) your application will move forward. I guess I might be assigned to the problematic CB01126 queue when the ADR is still outstanding after 30 days.

And from reading all the cases in the thread, I feel that re-medical is a good sign only in the sense that, if they decide they're ready to issue ppr, they will check validity of medical, and extend of send the re-medical request. I don't think anything will happen if they decide to ignore your case. They won't notice that your medical has expired or near expiration, if they are not actively working on your case (have read about many cases on this forum, that medicals are expired but received no correspondence). Sorry, SithLord. I do wish you the best of luck, but for now, let's focus on what we *can* do with life.

jumppluffww

Sep 13, 2019
BTW. Applied to GCMS notes three times, received two copies exactly after 30 days and never received one of them.
So I'm guess if we don't receive it in 30 days, it's a lost cause. Don't wait for it any longer and apply for a new one immediately xp

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
November applicant, been a silent reader and still waiting for ppr too.

This thread has given my so much peace of mind, knowing that there're many other people waiting for no good reasons. But I noticed that people are getting really frustrated, and finally decided to register and share my own story of bad luck xp

FSW - Inland
VO: Sydney, NS (the notorious CB01126)

AOR: Nov 24, 2018
Eligibility: RR for police record (more on this later)
Criminality: in progress
Security: not started
Medical: valid until Jan 2, 2019
Info sharing: complete

I was in Hong Kong until May 2009, just over 6 months in the past 10 years when I applied. The HK police department needed a letter from CIC in order to directly send the record to CIC, unlike most countries that offer a copy of records to individuals.

ADR HK police record: Jan 2, 2019
Received by CIC: Feb 5, 2019

Everything else with eligibility is cleared, but no one has checked this single piece of paper in over 7 months. Also tried all the contact methods but only getting generic replies plus an occasional "don't worry, we received the police record and it's pending an officer review, everything is good". I've been thinking that if I had applied in May without having to mention Hong Kong, I might be getting PR already. I've been studying in Canada and graduating right now, so I had to apply for work permit, though I've been hopeful that I'll get PR before this.

However I'm not going to withdraw my application and reapply as I think it'll unnecessarily complicate the case. I understand the feeling of life being on-hold waiting for the decision, like personally, I'd wish to apply for government positions and really need the PR. But I decide to take a break after graduation, and if I still don't get pr in a month or two, start applying to random jobs and see what I get.
It's over four months since my ADR due date lol.

You're right they've just decided to ignore our cases. We are probably going to be stuck in this madness for a very long time.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
BTW. Applied to GCMS notes three times, received two copies exactly after 30 days and never received one of them.
So I'm guess if we don't receive it in 30 days, it's a lost cause. Don't wait for it any longer and apply for a new one immediately xp
Sometime you may get it late. I got 2nd one after 50 days or something

jumppluffww

Sep 13, 2019
Sometime you may get it late. I got 2nd one after 50 days or something
But still a good idea to reapply in case it never arrives xp
I'm lucky to get the first one in 30 days to know the reason for RR, and as least know that the HK police record have arrived at all. Read about someone applying three times and received nothing. It could be so much more stressful.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Finally, some of my own understandings of the process that I haven't seen in this thread:

I think the way ADR works is that, someone will check the case after exactly 30 days (the time given to submit ADR), because in the notes I saw someone checked on Feb 2, and unfortunately, my police record arrived a few days later and it was completely out of my control. If the ADR is provided within 30 days (and of course, you still need to be lucky) your application will move forward. I guess I might be assigned to the problematic CB01126 queue when the ADR is still outstanding after 30 days.

And from reading all the cases in the thread, I feel that re-medical is a good sign only in the sense that, if they decide they're ready to issue ppr, they will check validity of medical, and extend of send the re-medical request. I don't think anything will happen if they decide to ignore your case. They won't notice that your medical has expired or near expiration, if they are not actively working on your case (have read about many cases on this forum, that medicals are expired but received no correspondence). Sorry, SithLord. I do wish you the best of luck, but for now, let's focus on what we *can* do with life.
In my brother's case RCMP clearance was submitted within 30 days and the file has been untouched for months.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Hi guys the time taken depends on how complicated is the file and previous rejections takes a year

I think IRCC is busy now a days that's why they did not touch certain batch of files.
My brother's Bring Forward/Due date as per the notes was June 23rd 2019 but still no one has touched the file till date.

Last edited:

Shirish09

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Guys I have completed 1 month in Canada (landed on 10th aug). I kno it’s tough but trust me It’s worth spending this waiting period waiting for Visa. You’ll never regret your decision of living here. Life is different and beautiful(though still searching for job :). ) I would like to tell u one onething that the local people (specially and surprisingly excluding Indians are the laziest people as they have a very lame attitude) hence I think that can b one of the biggest reason for not processing files on timely basis. U can understand the lazy attitude if I would say (SBI works more effectively than the banks in Canada- now u can imagine the chill work culture).
Wish Priya and sithlord luck to get their visas ASAP. Just wanted to let u know that I reached here with my wife and all 3 of my dogs without hurdle. Everyone is super happy as people are super duper friendly and the culture is amazing. Rest plz don’t loose hope. Good wishes

D

Deleted member 826724

Thank you so much for being very elaborate t the same time encouraging us all. All the best too.

D

Deleted member 826724

Guys I have completed 1 month in Canada (landed on 10th aug). I kno it’s tough but trust me It’s worth spending this waiting period waiting for Visa. You’ll never regret your decision of living here. Life is different and beautiful(though still searching for job :). ) I would like to tell u one onething that the local people (specially and surprisingly excluding Indians are the laziest people as they have a very lame attitude) hence I think that can b one of the biggest reason for not processing files on timely basis. U can understand the lazy attitude if I would say (SBI works more effectively than the banks in Canada- now u can imagine the chill work culture).
Wish Priya and sithlord luck to get their visas ASAP. Just wanted to let u know that I reached here with my wife and all 3 of my dogs without hurdle. Everyone is super happy as people are super duper friendly and the culture is amazing. Rest plz don’t loose hope. Good wishes
Wishing you the best that Canada hs to offer. I am encouraged by your experience and i look forward to experiencing the same soon.
Which province are you based?