+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Didn’t order as I applied through consultant ... He said there is no need ...
i would not trust a consultant - Mine said not to apply after 7 months - But i still applied for gcms and came to know that i was on RR and had to send them appropriate docs to support RR..

If i would have waited as per consultant - would have waited forever ..

So pls order the notes - the wait is long but atleast you will get to know about the delay..

Reactions: Classicdude

Classicdude

Jun 6, 2019
i would not trust a consultant - Mine said not to apply after 7 months - But i still applied for gcms and came to know that i was on RR and had to send them appropriate docs to support RR..

So pls order the notes - the wait is long but atleast you will get to know about the delay..
He has all the information... What would I do ?

Shraddhacanadaee

Feb 27, 2019
Hi guys! Today I tried calling on this no. +1 613 944 4000 via Hangout and I am hearing changed prompts.
it says:
"Please note that global affairs Canada cannot give information or answer questions regarding Canadian citizenship, permanent residence, refugee matters or immigration to Canada"

is anybody else hearing the same prompt?
how else am I supposed to reach them? are there any other effective contact numbers?

Classicdude

Jun 6, 2019
Hi guys! Today I tried calling on this no. +1 613 944 4000 via Hangout and I am hearing changed prompts.
it says:
"Please note that global affairs Canada cannot give information or answer questions regarding Canadian citizenship, permanent residence, refugee matters or immigration to Canada"

is anybody else hearing the same prompt?
how else am I supposed to reach them? are there any other effective contact numbers?
Keep on pressing 1... It will connect you to IRCC

Lydz86

Star Member
Nov 11, 2018
Order Gcms notes to know the reason for RR ..
And use google hangout - its free instead of spending..
Good luck
I'm already waiting for PPR I can't deal with adding to my stress by waiting 30+ days for Gcms notes. I think I know why there's RR. Just have to hope the problem resolves itself.

kassemm2

May 16, 2017
Hello there,
I am a silent reader and I actually need help because I am in the same boat as you guys.I applied under EE-FSW (Inland) stream. My AOR is Nov 17th 2018.
Medical passed Dec 20...was requested provide RCMP certified fingerprinted background check which I did by the end of January.
My file according to 2 GCMS notes has not been touched since January.
Criminality In progress
Security Not Started
Eligibility Requires Review ( i feel it's due to lack of Canadian experience- I have 3 years work experience as physician abroad)
I came to canada 2 yrs ago as a masters student (Health IT). When I applied I indicated that I am still studying ( and actually finished my coursework in December , official graduation was May 2019). I have done 3 months co-op in Vancouver.
I got a job in Toronto with medical device company in February, and I will start a new job back with the company that provided me co-op but in Toronto.
I am not sure what I can do at this point aside from waiting and feeling that I wont get PR ever.
Does sending additional documents that showcase my postgraduate employment in Canada through the webform help?
How to contact local MP and explain my case, do they need documents to maybe help expedite the process further?
I would appreciate your thoughts or suggestions if you know somebody or have been in my situation.
Thanks

Chee

Nov 2, 2018
My file
I've been calling +161394440000 once a month using Skype credit since May for updates. Found out from an agent in June that my application had review required but no details about what aspect of eligibility it is for. Last Friday when I called the agent confirmed still no change. Security not started. Eligibility under RR. I just have to move on with life because this might be another 4+ months of waiting
My file is at NDVO so the agent reply no information because it’s at New Delhi office everytime

Chee

Nov 2, 2018
If
I have been following this forum for quite some time. I am a CEC inland applicant from Ottawa. I'd applied on Nov 10 2018, and after the medical passed update (Dec 12, 2018), I didn't have anything. My GCMS notes from April showed that my file hadn't been touched since Jan, and eligibility and security checks hadn't started. A lot of my friends who applied after me (as late as March 2019) got their PR confirmation. I kept waiting thinking it is just my luck that my file wasn't being worked on.

Eventually I got annoyed with this process and sought out my local MP and asked for help on my case (after 8+ months since.AOR). The MP's office asked me for a letter stating WHY I wanted faster processing - as if waiting an additional 2 months already wasn't enough. I wrote a letter in which I claimed I wanted to pursue a master's degree, but was waiting for my PR so as to not pay crazy high international fees. A week after I submitted this to the MP, I received a reply from their office with a screenshot of a reply from IRCC stating they would provide an update on my case within 10 business days. Yesterday, I received an email from the Ottawa CIC office asking me to come in for an interview on Aug 19.

I called in today to provide some info to them and also asked the agent to look into my file and tell me when the activity happened - the agent said nothing had happened since Jan until late July. This suggests to me that they literally just didn't bother looking at my file, and still wouldn't have unless prompted by the MP's office.

I would advise everyone to seek out their local MP (if possible, else maybe Ralph?) to ask IRCC to expedite the process, and not just ask for a status update.

PS: I only created an account to provide some (hopefully helpful) advice and say what happened in my case.
for inland they issue landing certificate at the time of interview this is what I have seen in most of cases and people get PR card in a months time........ so u are the lucky one now

Chee

Nov 2, 2018

What is Rr

Chee

Nov 2, 2018
Thanks @gaurang for taking time to create a profile and update info..
I agree - it is pure inefficiency and lack of interest which is not getting files processed..
Most of us are outland and hence there is no way to get in touch with MP ..
But thanks again for the update :)
I did write to Ahmed Hussein - Immigration Minister 2 weeks back explaining the delay and the current situation
Don’t worry you will get the reply soon they reply u within 6 week but usually they do in 3 weeks I did the same they just gave me status update that they are processing my application.

warpeduniverse

Apr 28, 2019
As per the recent posts in this forum, many applications are being rejected after 10-12 months without a PFL.

I wasn't worried till now, but now I am.