+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Lydz86

Star Member
Nov 11, 2018
Any update on your application and how do u know that review required
I've been calling +161394440000 once a month using Skype credit since May for updates. Found out from an agent in June that my application had review required but no details about what aspect of eligibility it is for. Last Friday when I called the agent confirmed still no change. Security not started. Eligibility under RR. I just have to move on with life because this might be another 4+ months of waiting

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
I've been calling +161394440000 once a month using Skype credit since May for updates. Found out from an agent in June that my application had review required but no details about what aspect of eligibility it is for. Last Friday when I called the agent confirmed still no change. Security not started. Eligibility under RR. I just have to move on with life because this might be another 4+ months of waiting
Order Gcms notes to know the reason for RR ..
And use google hangout - its free instead of spending..
Good luck

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
3 remainders sent and even those remainders due date have expired and now they have sent a fourth one for me which will expire in another 2 weeks lol. Then they will send a fifth one and the cycle continues :D:D:D
it is sad bro .. but one day you will look back and appreciate the journey and hardship and would cherish life in Canada ..

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
3 remainders sent and even those remainders due date have expired and now they have sent a fourth one for me which will expire in another 2 weeks lol. Then they will send a fifth one and the cycle continues :D:D:D
The call centre agent sent a reminder email (next one will be after 30 days) to Ottawa office and Ottawa office replied that the application is in the queue for the officer to be reviewed and there are no timelines.
I guess we can't do anything.
Whenever the officer gets time, he/she will review the file.

Last edited:
Reactions: SithLord

gaurang23

Aug 13, 2019
I have been following this forum for quite some time. I am a CEC inland applicant from Ottawa. I'd applied on Nov 10 2018, and after the medical passed update (Dec 12, 2018), I didn't have anything. My GCMS notes from April showed that my file hadn't been touched since Jan, and eligibility and security checks hadn't started. A lot of my friends who applied after me (as late as March 2019) got their PR confirmation. I kept waiting thinking it is just my luck that my file wasn't being worked on.

Eventually I got annoyed with this process and sought out my local MP and asked for help on my case (after 8+ months since.AOR). The MP's office asked me for a letter stating WHY I wanted faster processing - as if waiting an additional 2 months already wasn't enough. I wrote a letter in which I claimed I wanted to pursue a master's degree, but was waiting for my PR so as to not pay crazy high international fees. A week after I submitted this to the MP, I received a reply from their office with a screenshot of a reply from IRCC stating they would provide an update on my case within 10 business days. Yesterday, I received an email from the Ottawa CIC office asking me to come in for an interview on Aug 19.

I called in today to provide some info to them and also asked the agent to look into my file and tell me when the activity happened - the agent said nothing had happened since Jan until late July. This suggests to me that they literally just didn't bother looking at my file, and still wouldn't have unless prompted by the MP's office.

I would advise everyone to seek out their local MP (if possible, else maybe Ralph?) to ask IRCC to expedite the process, and not just ask for a status update.

PS: I only created an account to provide some (hopefully helpful) advice and say what happened in my case.

Classicdude

Jun 6, 2019
Hello everyone.... What are the chances of getting refused with Eligibility review required at this point? No ADR was asked though... Criminality passed... Aor Nov 21

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Hello everyone.... What are the chances of getting refused with Eligibility review required at this point? No ADR was asked though... Criminality passed... Aor Nov 21
Did you order the notes? If yes, what does the notes say?

I have seen many people in the forum who have review required but eventually got PR.

Classicdude

Jun 6, 2019
Well, if that's the case, it means everything looks good and just wait for the golden email because if consultant said no need means everything is in order.
Yeah ... He is like most of his September folks are getting remedicals ... He says I probably gonna get remedical request too in October as my medicals would be expiring that time.. Rest god knows what is written in my destiny

Shraddhacanadaee

Feb 27, 2019
I have been following this forum for quite some time. I am a CEC inland applicant from Ottawa. I'd applied on Nov 10 2018, and after the medical passed update (Dec 12, 2018), I didn't have anything. My GCMS notes from April showed that my file hadn't been touched since Jan, and eligibility and security checks hadn't started. A lot of my friends who applied after me (as late as March 2019) got their PR confirmation. I kept waiting thinking it is just my luck that my file wasn't being worked on.

Eventually I got annoyed with this process and sought out my local MP and asked for help on my case (after 8+ months since.AOR). The MP's office asked me for a letter stating WHY I wanted faster processing - as if waiting an additional 2 months already wasn't enough. I wrote a letter in which I claimed I wanted to pursue a master's degree, but was waiting for my PR so as to not pay crazy high international fees. A week after I submitted this to the MP, I received a reply from their office with a screenshot of a reply from IRCC stating they would provide an update on my case within 10 business days. Yesterday, I received an email from the Ottawa CIC office asking me to come in for an interview on Aug 19.

I called in today to provide some info to them and also asked the agent to look into my file and tell me when the activity happened - the agent said nothing had happened since Jan until late July. This suggests to me that they literally just didn't bother looking at my file, and still wouldn't have unless prompted by the MP's office.

I would advise everyone to seek out their local MP (if possible, else maybe Ralph?) to ask IRCC to expedite the process, and not just ask for a status update.

PS: I only created an account to provide some (hopefully helpful) advice and say what happened in my case.
Thank you. It's very kind of you to share.

Reactions: kzeed12

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018

Thanks @gaurang for taking time to create a profile and update info..
I agree - it is pure inefficiency and lack of interest which is not getting files processed..
Most of us are outland and hence there is no way to get in touch with MP ..
But thanks again for the update :)
I did write to Ahmed Hussein - Immigration Minister 2 weeks back explaining the delay and the current situation

Reactions: Classicdude

Classicdude

Jun 6, 2019
Thanks @gaurang for taking time to create a profile and update info..
I agree - it is pure inefficiency and lack of interest which is not getting files processed..
Most of us are outland and hence there is no way to get in touch with MP ..
But thanks again for the update :)
I did write to Ahmed Hussein - Immigration Minister 2 weeks back explaining the delay and the current situation
Exactly...