+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Tangygal27

Feb 13, 2018
No I haven’t come across any ghost updates. My consultant has access to my account too, so chances of missing it is also high if she logs in. I have ordered notes on 30th June, waiting on them.

I am just worried that file is not in SS, that’s like a black hole.
Did you get any so called "ghost updates"?

You should order the notes to be sure that you got the exact information on your application

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Just spoke to a lovely agent, a lil embarrassed as I ended up crying over the phone. But she was kind and said she understood the situation.

She couldn’t send a reminder as one was already sent on 20th June. First, she said all the stages are cleared. I was surprised and said last I called it was eligibility MET, criminality PASSED, security NOT STARTED; so has it all changed to PASSED? Then she said oh everything is still the same as last time.

She told to take her word that there will be no rejection. So not to worry with negativity and the application looks good, it’s just that background and security is taking time. Also that I’ll be in Canada soon. My background is in progress since Jan 18th.

Another important thing that is happening is that they are looking to transfer my file to another visa office from OTTAWA. I asked if it will be shifted to NDVO, she said wasn’t allowed to say that but was positive that this is happening and that it’s a good thing, and just a lil hold up coz of that process.

My Aor is 28th nov and dr is no new due date on my file, last was 20th June. Anyone got any inputs? Was she just trying to make me feel better or If this is good or bad? Thanks
First - Tangygals should never cry (sry that happened - its hard waiting) - we are all in the same situation - especially candidates waiting since may- june 2018..

If they said they are trying to transfer to a local visa office - that is a good sign showing the process is being finalised at current center - closer to ppr - hang in there ..

Meanwhile - try sending an email to MP Goodale inquiring updated info - might help a lot

EMail id: goodale@sasktel.net

Provide your Name / Date of Birth / App ID / UCI # / AOR

Cheers

Tangygal27

Feb 13, 2018
Oh, I didn’t mean too but I had a bad day and the anxiety wasn’t helping, it just flowed but I tried to not show it.

Will wait out another week thenni’ll Try sending the email.
First - Tangygals should never cry (sry that happened - its hard waiting) - we are all in the same situation - especially candidates waiting since may- june 2018..

If they said they are trying to transfer to a local visa office - that is a good sign showing the process is being finalised at current center - closer to ppr - hang in there ..

Meanwhile - try sending an email to MP Goodale inquiring updated info - might help a lot

EMail id: goodale@sasktel.net

Provide your Name / Date of Birth / App ID / UCI # / AOR

Cheers

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Oh, I didn’t mean too but I had a bad day and the anxiety wasn’t helping, it just flowed but I tried to not show it.

Will wait out another week thenni’ll Try sending the email.
i know - i was just kiddin :) - this journey has been hard for all of us here except the candidates who got it within 6 months - lucky them :)..

This wait is teaching us a lot about patience/stress/anxiety and how to empathize for others too .. :)

Upasana

Mar 27, 2019
Just spoke to a lovely agent, a lil embarrassed as I ended up crying over the phone. But she was kind and said she understood the situation.

She couldn’t send a reminder as one was already sent on 20th June. First, she said all the stages are cleared. I was surprised and said last I called it was eligibility MET, criminality PASSED, security NOT STARTED; so has it all changed to PASSED? Then she said oh everything is still the same as last time.

She told to take her word that there will be no rejection. So not to worry with negativity and the application looks good, it’s just that background and security is taking time. Also that I’ll be in Canada soon. My background is in progress since Jan 18th.

Another important thing that is happening is that they are looking to transfer my file to another visa office from OTTAWA. I asked if it will be shifted to NDVO, she said wasn’t allowed to say that but was positive that this is happening and that it’s a good thing, and just a lil hold up coz of that process.

My Aor is 28th nov and dr is no new due date on my file, last was 20th June. Anyone got any inputs? Was she just trying to make me feel better or If this is good or bad? Thanks
Sorry to break this but please do not believe the agents.
Mail Ottawa office and ask for details.
It was last thu (exactly a week ago) told me Eligibility in RR, Criminality passed, Security not started. I too ended up crying, she understood my situation initially and was empathizing until I started to ask minute details about my file. She seemed irritated and wanted to hung up, also said she cannot send a reminder.
Btw, we have same AOR.
I used to call each weeks since I crossed 6 months and each time I was told different things about eligibility, some said not started, some said RR and some said normal in process.
We mailed at Ottawa office and found out it was in normal queue for review, but Ralph mentioned RR.
Called last thu, fri night ADR changed to :NA and on Mon night received PR.
I wonder how can they remove RR in a fortnight and clear security, finalise file and send PR mail.
I ordered notes twice, never received any, so what happened in Eligibility will always remain a mystery for us.
So either call up or order notes.

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017
PPR - you see the humour after the long struggle is done! At least I want to.

Posting not on behalf of a friend or his friend or my neighbour or his neighbour or my uncle’s aunt.

I would like to thank myself on this occasion.

Timelines:

WES: PA(wife) - completed in July 2018. Two or more degrees. Getting transcripts from IGNOU took forever. My WES was easier - Degree - Bangalore University.

IELTS - SIGH! I cleared first attempt - LRWS - 8.5/8/7/8. Spouse got stuck either in writing or speaking but after multiple attempts for 4 painful months she finally got the magic score - 8777.

While she wasn’t clearing IELTS our agent (kindly don’t ask their name etc) offered a job offer which would increase our points. We didn’t know if she would get the magic score so we took it without looking at any documents but before ITA we got the magic score. Anyway we thought we had now 50 points extra for job offer too - such fools were we!

CRS as per agent - 493. What we actually had - 443. Draw was 442 on 30th October.

Submitted all our documents to our agent.

ITA - 30 October 2018
AOR - 13 November 2018(PA’s very happy birthday falls on children’s day - 14 November)
Medicals cleared - 13 December 2018

FSWO INDIA - file was at Ottawa all along.

After that cic probably got a little upset and gave us the silent treatment. We tried so hard, sang songs - even from the 70’s, cracked jokes, called, made promises, said sorry, but all we got back was just silence.

And while we expected our Golden e mail fully diamond studded within 3 months, just like that 6 months passed.

I left my business mean while, my wife left her job - imagine the fun at home - two frustrated jobless people at each other all the time - such fun times, will miss it! SIGH SIGH!

7 months passed, cic still very quiet. Another problem - should we start our son’s school this year or not - fireworks at home regarding this decision - finally the PA won - kept him at school.

Asked my agent to order gcms - they refused. I did it on my own. Got it in June after 35 days. SHOCK - just like HAvells! No job offer!! And employment under review - file review required. So happy danced again.

Fired agent - hijacked my account. Thanks to this group - learnt how to do that.

Send a 46 page dossier as webform explaining her employment and also another one explaining a previous visa refusal that we had (USA) but had not mentioned - why? Cause our agent said not required.

Now we were prepared to sing and dance for 3 more months at least.

But all our singing and dancing didn’t go unnoticed by cic. A ghost danced with us on 18 July! Within 40 days file got approved and we received our PPR this morning (Tuesday, July 23) at 4.30 am ist.

We actually had to sing and dance a lot more but not mentioning it here, especially with our agent. Advice - don’t visit the agent’s disco. Dance on your own at home- it’s easy - you can do it.

So today we plan to dance our way to VFS.

Dancing for more than a year was exhausting, tiring , frustrating and the uncertainty was killing.

I understand the pain of all of you who are still dancing and singing, may it end soon.

Any dances classes/tips required by any of you, feel free to contact.

Please excuse my humour - but we needed it after all that.

Sorry and thank you.

nice story, can relate to your struggle, congratulations.

ashokacca

Jun 21, 2018
I received response to my inquiry to Mr. Ralph, MP...

'Eligibilty is met.. Security and criminality is not initiated.... cannot be expedited, timelines not available'.

The status is same as it was in my gcms 2 months back...

zafontana

Star Member
Apr 22, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2018
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
I was taking a look at the spreadsheet... Am I the last one with eligibility as "recommended pass"?

Ojans19

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019

I called, my last Due date was 20th June too.... No update since

bc92

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
I was taking a look at the spreadsheet... Am I the last one with eligibility as "recommended pass"?
What I've seen people say here before is that 'recommended pass' and 'met' are just different terminologies to the same thing...