Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi guys, need your suggestion to proceed further. I'm AOR 29th Nov from India, Med passed on 8th Jan and no progress since then. Given that my Spouse is in Germany for an on-site project, I have applied as a single applicant (Spouse not accompanying, but POF is shown considering 2 family members). Considering the earlier timelines, we assumed that I get PR in 3-4 months and I could move to Canada, find a job and then sponsor my spouse as we wanted to settle in Canada rather than Germany. But, in the current scenario, it is taking longer than 6 months for PR and almost an year for spousal sponsorship applications.
In this regard, my query is- Can I update my profile now, stating that my spouse will accompany me. What will be the impact on my file. To add on, we have all the required documents in place for my spouse to update the profile and our medicals will expire in Sep'19.
Can anyone help me decide on this. @SithLord or @legalfalcon please share your suggestions.

Thanks in advance
You can change your spouse's status from non-accompanying too accompanying, not an issue. You will have to inform IRCC and send in any additional documents as asked.

Reactions: Sailaja444

chintan3387

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Guys, is an affidavit required for proof of funds if I am showing funds from my spouse's account?
yes if you are the primary applicant then your wife need to sign an affidavit stating, you have access to the funds and they are available for your settlement in Canada. I had done the same as part of my PoF was coming from my wife's bank account.

doogie88

Jun 18, 2018
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
21-09-2018
IELTS Request
30-06-2018
Guys, is an affidavit required for proof of funds if I am showing funds from my spouse's account?
No affidavit is required, your wife can just write a simple letter permitting you to use her funds for the purpose of settlement in Canada. Usually, they will ask you for this in ADR , if they don't then need to.

Richa123

Sep 12, 2017
Aor 10 Nov
MEP 11 DEec
IP1 since then
Called CIC agent around 11pm IST on 13 MAY and He said "Your file is approved and Congrats, You may receive a mail from them soon"
Golden mail at 5.36 am 14 May
Keep patience who all are waiting as this month is ours.
Submitted passports as well.

priya93

Apr 27, 2019
Yes, there will be an automated reply.
Today my consultant said that he has raised a web form today in the afternoon. However, I have not received any acknowledgement from the authorities. He said that they sometimes don't send it. Is he correct?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Aor 10 Nov
MEP 11 DEec
IP1 since then
Called CIC agent around 11pm IST on 13 MAY and He said "Your file is approved and Congrats, You may receive a mail from them soon"
Congrats

May 13, 2019
Today my consultant said that he has raised a web form today in the afternoon. However, I have not received any acknowledgement from the authorities. He said that they sometimes don't send it. Is he correct?
I was wondering the same thing. I read earlier that someone had responded that you'll get an automated reply but I sent a web-query a couple of days ago and never got an automated response.

bhu1

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
I was wondering the same thing. I read earlier that someone had responded that you'll get an automated reply but I sent a web-query a couple of days ago and never got an automated response.
There is some issue in their system due to which auto-acknowledgement is not coming. But they are indeed getting our form submission.

Pbaj

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
Aor 10 Nov
MEP 11 DEec
IP1 since then
Congratulations

anjanacarri

Star Member
May 31, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
16-11-2018
Med's Done....
18-12-2018
LANDED..........
18-07-2019
yup...i didn't receive many a times..but i did receive a response within 10 days (that was the longest i had to wait)

Reactions: priya93 and Upasana

cvish92

Star Member
May 30, 2018
I have been seeing on this thread lot of people inquiring about their VO. Just curious, how does it matter?

I dont know my VO office yet, am I missing anything?

-Rohit
I believe it really does not let you know any info about your application. Many have experienced that the Montreal VO is slow so basically you will get to atleast know if your application will be delayed in processing or not.