+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Pbaj

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
Congratulations
Hi All
Silent reader here with update as follows:
Application for my wife and I. NOC 2161 and 5241. South Africa.
TIMELINE:
* Applied / Entered pool on 20 October 2018 with 489 points
* ITA 29 October 2018
* Submit application 12 November 2018
* AOR / Accepted ITA 13 November 2018
* Medicals Passed 18 December
* Biometrics Request 19 December
* Biometrics submitted 20 December
* Ghost Update 7 May (6 days before 6 month mark!)
* Biometrics Updated to “Completed” 10 May
* PPR 14 May 2019 (email marked as 13 May which is exactly on the 6 month mark)
* Submit Passport 14 May 2019 Pretoria VFS.
* Our VO was Ottawa.

We already have 10 year visitors visas so we booked flight tickets for 12 June. We should receive our passports back within the next 2 weeks with COPR. Is that a fair assumption?

Thanks to everyone for contributing to this group and for answering all my questions without me having to ask any! Hope everyone gets PR soon especially @SithLord !

ViAchKoN

Jun 2, 2018
Any mid November applicants is still waiting?
AOR 11 November. Got adr, submitted on the next day.
Called to IRCC yesterday, an agent said that everything is in progress.

Pbaj

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
Yes..huge connection in here.. :)
I am not sure if they give any details about how they woukd take care of the pet during stops(if in cargo). If in cabin it would be our responsibility.
Well, if we check the flight details on their website, we would know the layover details, like the timing. I did not ask these as I will take my cat with me. I trust no one else other than me when it comes to travelling so far.
Quarantine certificate and health certificate should be max within 10 days from the day of your flight. That is what Animal Husbandry told me.
My cat panics even when we take her out in the car. We will cover her cage with some cloth so that she cannot see clearly (that is how she is taken to the vet) if she sees something so freaks out. Just sound would definitely matter but I think she would still be better than watching anything.
Even if she cries or creates a fuss, the same is done by babies in flight and people get offended. People would always have problem no matter what. Parents don't leave their kids and board a flight, I wouldn't do the same.
My cat is my baby and it is my responsibility to take her safely no matter who has what issues. :)
Similarly if she poops, which she would and if I am not allowed to clean it, would ask for some room fresheners. I was not allowed to clean it, so its not my fault. If people has issues, I would ask them to speak with the crew..or best ask them to deal with it!!!! LOL :D
U go gurl!!!

Reactions: Upasana

anishak22

Sep 14, 2017
Friends,
FSW-O - India
Nov 17 AOR
Medical passed on Dec19th
As per GCMS notes of March - Eligibility met and security recommended passed. BG check not started.
No movement since then.
2 days for 180 days.
Today morning got ghost update - profile changed to BG started.

Fingers crossed for golden email.
Whats your VO ?

My Eligibility is also met since Jan. But no IP2 as yet.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Funny question - if my application is in London - do they follow the UK public holiday or the Canada holiday?

As per Canada 20th of May (Victoria Day) is a holiday and as per the UK it’s the 27th of May (Spring Holiday).

Oh I hope they don’t follow both!! o_O
Most likely they follow both

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Finally!!! The wait is over!!!

We received our Ready for Visa mail today:D with only 1 day left in our timeline

Thank you for the support and motivation when things didn’t seem to be heading right:D

All the best for those awaiting their PPR!!!

PS: my cic account remains unchanged....documents are still being reviewed and bg is still in process...

@SithLord ....you would be next :D
:D
Wow that's fast!! Congrats!!

Reactions: anjanacarri

anjanacarri

Star Member
May 31, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
16-11-2018
Med's Done....
18-12-2018
LANDED..........
18-07-2019
Very lucky!! I wish my case was processed by your officer.
honestly..i think it picked up when i sent 3 CSEs just to update my new passport details...and the 3rd was a stinker of sorts..

Reactions: Pbaj

SaniG

May 6, 2019
@SithLord
Hi! My parents and my brother have sent me money (10k CAD) to meet the minimum requirement for POF. Now the thing is they had cash and they just transferred it into my account in batches. Basically, it is not that they withdrew money from their bank accounts and moved it to mine.
Now the POF letter template that I have seen in multiple threads talk about Donor's bank account/cheque etc details in the letter which I will not be able to produce. I am a single applicant. Would it be a problem if I mention in my POF letter and LOE as well that the money has been transferred via cash?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Yeaaa maybe AOR 2 isn't that lucky!! :/ Umm withdrawing your application at this stage as in the last stage would not help much I guess; rather this could make things slow - I mean that's what I think. Better you research properly before carrying forward this thought.
Honestly, I haven't been feeling anxious or frustrated by now; but today has really turned me down. I was expecting things to move forward after 2 weeks at least so I am really feeling low today. God knows what will happen...!
But again, we don't have any option than staying hopeful and positive :)
I won't be able to withdraw my application since I'm in last stage so they won't accept my withdrawal request.

They won't accept my application, they won't reject my application, they won't let me withdraw, but they will keep processing it till eternity :D:D:D