+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Rochak007

Jun 20, 2018
Hey!
I am 7th November AOR.
Moved to IP2 on 1st May and received one Ghost Update on 2nd May!
After that nothing!
When can I expect PPR?
Anyone with same updates??

Reactions: mani770

SingYeah

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
They took 5 points from my score I have it in my notes just like I was explaining to them previously, they need to understand that a decision has not yet been made so if you have another birthday before they get to your file they will remove 5 points
If the 5 points taken makes your score lower than the lowest cut off score then they can’t refuse you because of this and have to accept your initial score in this case
Something similar happened in my case. My birthday fell between ITA and AOR date. My score was reduced by 5 pts, falling below the cut off. Nonetheless, I went ahead and submitted my application. Read somewhere on CIC website that an exception is granted in such cases. Hopefully, that won't impact my eligibility.

Abundance2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Category........
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
02-11-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Something similar happened in my case. My birthday fell between ITA and AOR date. My score was reduced by 5 pts, falling below the cut off. Nonetheless, I went ahead and submitted my application. Read somewhere on CIC website that an exception is granted in such cases. Hopefully, that won't impact my eligibility.
They should give you an exception in your case my case was different
After ITA and AOR I had a birthday and the removed 5 points, it doesn’t affect me as my score was way over their cut off
But they do recalculate your score if your birthday comes before they get to your file it won’t affect you negatively if you have a score higher than the cut off

Reactions: sumylili

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
Did you get notes? I think it does affect your eligibility. I don't know about the exceptions though.

faizamir

Star Member
May 1, 2019
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-11-2018
Med's Done....
13-12-2018
‘Applicant’s age reviewed and no change from ITA to e-APR’

That’s the note mentioned in my file at a date after my birthday passed. They didn’t even decrease my score. So I’m honestly not sure.

Hobbitfromshire

Apr 19, 2019
@Shitlord I have never seen a positive guy like you...always giving hope to yourself and others..
I think I laughed so hard I peed myself I really hope you got the name wrong and it’s not sarcasm .

On a serious note @SithLord (wait, did I get the name right? ) way to go man!! You went from being accused of the most negative person on the forum to being extra positive

faizamir

Star Member
May 1, 2019
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-11-2018
Med's Done....
13-12-2018
Also the letter they send when you get your invitation to apply clearly has a note that says:

If you had a birthday since we sent you this invitation, and the change to your age decreases your points total, this will not cause us to refuse your application for permanent residence.

Abundance2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Category........
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
02-11-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Also the letter they send when you get your invitation to apply clearly has a note that says:

If you had a birthday since we sent you this invitation, and the change to your age decreases your points total, this will not cause us to refuse your application for permanent residence.
That is what I am trying to say
Even though I had a birthday and my points was decreased after AOR I still had enough points to deem me eligible for the stream I applied under,

ArkaiCanada2018

Apr 26, 2019
Hey Guys,

My GCMS notes came in(below the paragraph). It seems like they're obsessing over a statutory question of mine and flagged it as RR. They havent touched my application since 12/17/2018 besides transferring it to Montreal from CIO on Jan-24. Am I just stuck waiting indefinitely for them to actually process this or will a CSE get things moving?

NOTES: 1
Created Date: 2018/12/17 07:32:27
Updated Date: 2018/12/17 07:32:43
Restricted: No
Label: EE Eligibility
Office: Centralized Intake Office
Text:
REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant APPLICATION #: EXXXXXXXX REGULATION: FSW I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and
note the following. MIN.SCORE: 442 CRS SCORE: 453 Principal Applicant Application Promoted: New UCI PA: Statutory details located in separate GCMS note Primary Applicant Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Client Fees: Verified LANGUAGES Principal Applicant English- CELPIP Met Threshold & Verified EDUCATION
Primary Applicant ECA report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA
Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Master's Degree Foreign credential provided
POLICE CERTIFICATE Primary Applicant India police certificate: Provided-NRT USA FBI police
certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Review Required - Stat Questions AGE Applicant's
age reviewed and No Change from ITA to e-APR
NOTES: 2

faizamir

Star Member
May 1, 2019
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-11-2018
Med's Done....
13-12-2018
Hey Guys,

My GCMS notes came in(below the paragraph). It seems like they're obsessing over a statutory question of mine and flagged it as RR. They havent touched my application since 12/17/2018 besides transferring it to Montreal from CIO on Jan-24. Am I just stuck waiting indefinitely for them to actually process this or will a CSE get things moving?

Text:
REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant APPLICATION #: EXXXXXXXX REGULATION: FSW I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and
note the following. MIN.SCORE: 442 CRS SCORE: 453 Principal Applicant Application Promoted: New UCI PA: Statutory details located in separate GCMS note Primary Applicant Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Client Fees: Verified LANGUAGES Principal Applicant English- CELPIP Met Threshold & Verified EDUCATION
Primary Applicant ECA report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA
Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Master's Degree Foreign credential provided
POLICE CERTIFICATE Primary Applicant India police certificate: Provided-NRT USA FBI police
certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Review Required - Stat Questions AGE Applicant's
What stat question have they flagged as review required?

ArkaiCanada2018

Apr 26, 2019
What stat question have they flagged as review required?
A US work visa rejection from early 2018. I disclosed the details in a LOE explaining that I didn't meet the qualifications.
I've heard that statutory questions normally flag cases as review required, but I'm uncertain why there's no movement whatsoever.

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
H
Hey Guys,

Text:
How did you order the GCMS notes? The website asks if you are a citizen or PR of Canada when I try to order them.