Canada
I

Managed to figure out something that pattern could be there like
Out of monthly files of a NOC and stream
First priority is primary female with kids
Second is primary male with kids
Couple and singles are treated same.
As very few cases in my NOC so able to analyse it. 4031
My brother is a primary applicant and his wife and child are depends and there is no update after MEP.
AOR November 11th.
NOC 3113

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
If there were that list, other applicants wouldn't be allowed to apply. Look, sooner or later, nearly all applicants receive their PPRs. So what's the reason to give some priority to some particular NOCs? I think it doesn't make sense to make "less interesting" applicants come to Canada one month after "more interesting".

Moreover, let's imagine that we have two applicants with the same medical exam date, same AOR date but with different occupations, and one of them is given priority based on the NOC. Although one will get PPR, for example, one month earlier, they both will have the same date (based on their medical exam) in their visa. The only difference is that the second one will have less time to jump to the plane, and will come to Canada less prepared. If look at things this way, it'd much more reasonable to give "less prospective" NOCs more time (and earlier visas) to be able to get more prepared.

I know that waiting is unbearable sometimes, and we all try to find out some trends. I do believe in Occam's razor principle: we shouldn't consider things like something overcomplicated, maybe there is no trend at all.

Just my humble opinion. The only way to know the truth is to become an agent by yourself I guess :)

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
If there were that list, other applicants wouldn't be allowed to apply. Look, sooner or later, nearly all applicants receive their PPRs. So what's the reason to give some priority to some particular NOCs? I think it doesn't make sense to make "less interesting" applicants come to Canada one month after "more interesting".

Moreover, let's imagine that we have two applicants with the same medical exam date, same AOR date but with different occupations, and one of them is given priority based on the NOC. Although one will get PPR, for example, one month earlier, they both will have the same date (based on their medical exam) in their visa. The only difference is that the second one will have less time to jump to the plane, and will come to Canada less prepared. If look at things this way, it'd much more reasonable to give "less prospective" NOCs more time (and earlier visas) to be able to get more prepared.

I know that waiting is unbearable sometimes, and we all try to find out some trends. I do believe in Occam's razor principle: we shouldn't consider things like something overcomplicated, maybe there is no trend at all.

Just my humble opinion. The only way to know the truth is to become an agent by yourself I guess :)
Look I don't disagree to anything. I am just stating an information I've gathered from other threads. Even I am on "in-demand list" and still waiting...

Yes, there really isn't much difference whether you get it one month early or one month late. Eventually everyone is going to get it. This is an immigration discussion forum so obviously people are entitled to have their own opinions.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
I don't think that NOC makes any difference. As I mentioned in this thread, my friend and I have the exact same NOC and even the exact same job title with the same duties. We even live in the towns nearby. He, however, got his PPR in 4 months and I am approaching 5 months and 1 week without anything started other than criminality.

Based on his and my notes, I can say that Biometrics make a difference, travel history might make a difference, the answers to statutory questions also make a difference because these things add to the complexity of the case, launching more checks and increasing the processing time

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Sure, brother. I didn't mean to say something offensive, just followed the discussion and gave my point of view on the topic :(
Not you didn't offend me, brother. I complete agree with your point. I was also only trying to state my opinion and didn't mean to offend anyone.

Don't worry brother. We will all eventually get our PPRs soon :)

Reactions: whiterabbit

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Alright!
Let's hope for the best.
Good to hear that profiles of teachers are moving as well.
In our case, Primary applicant's NOC was 4031 with 3+ years of teaching experience from India. I believe the only plus we have is we are in US from several years that might have helped in getting approval little quicker.

Reactions: Manpreet3

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
In our case, Primary applicant's NOC was 4031 with 3+ years of teaching experience from India. I believe the only plus we have is we are in US from several years that might have helped in getting approval little quicker.
Yes, US residents have generally been approved quicker. I don't think Nationality matters in this case as long as you are US residents.