+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

leechan787

Apr 27, 2017
Have you lived in two or more different countries?

When I called a few weeks ago, I was told the same thing - 1 completed and 1 ongoing. I assumed it’s because I lived in my home country and now living in Canada. So one of them was done.
I think Everyone who apply PR lived in their home country and Canada or other country. I am thinking maybe security check is the second part of BG check? How is your eligibility process? Is it pass or recommend pass?

imeandwhat

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
Hey guys, just finished a quick phone call with IRCC customer service, my AOR Nov 28th, according to her word, eligibility recommend pass, medical pass, criminal pass, Background check passed the first part, second part has not start yet. Why BG check has two parts?
I would say your security has not started yet which in most cases done at the end. Background check involves both criminality and security screening.

ikilledcupidxo

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I think Everyone who apply PR lived in their home country and Canada or other country. I am thinking maybe security check is the second part of BG check? How is your eligibility process? Is it pass or recommend pass?
Not necessarily. Outland applicants wouldn't have had to live in their home country + another. Applies mostly for inland applicants (plus any others who lived for 6 months or more in any other country).

But anyway, that aside - good to know that BG is security + criminal (stupid me didn't think of that) :confused:

I called CIC about 3 weeks ago and was told Eligibility was ongoing and 1 BG got over. Haven't checked since then.

ikilledcupidxo

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I would say your security has not started yet which in most cases done at the end. Background check involves both criminality and security screening.
Good to know what BG consists of. Do they usually do it simultaneously with Eligibility - or is it a hard and fast rule that its Eligibility first and BG later? I'm confused now because I was told my eligibility is in process and 1 BG was completed. o_O

Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017
Hey guys, just finished a quick phone call with IRCC customer service, my AOR Nov 28th, according to her word, eligibility recommend pass, medical pass, criminal pass, Background check passed the first part, second part has not start yet. Why BG check has two parts?
Background check has two parts.

1) Criminality
2) Security

You have cleared the criminality and security’s in progress (though it says not started, high possibility that it has already started)

What’s your VO?

Reactions: sumylili

leechan787

Apr 27, 2017
Background check has two parts.

1) Criminality
2) Security

You have cleared the criminality and security’s in progress (though it says not started, high possibility that it has already started)

What’s your VO?
Hope so. VO is Ottawa

kdb2018

Nov 26, 2018
Eligibility - Check whether all the documents submitted are genuine and whether you have adequate funds, work experience, correct NOC code etc.

Background Check - Check whether you have a criminal history or any sort of history which might be detrimental to maintaining law and order in Canada.
Thank you!

PooyaZii

Dec 22, 2018
Guys, i just got off the phone with an agent. She told me:
Eligibility not started
Security not started
Criminality passed
According to the agent, my VO is Ottawa
I am AOR Nov 26
FSW-O
Medical passed Jan 7 no updates since then.
When I asked whether my processing time will be extended or not, she said she does not have that information but everything looks normal so far.
Can you guys tell me more about Ottawa VO? Are they fast in processing?
Also, should I be worried about eligibility not being started? My timeline indicates 56 days and i haven't had any updates since medical passed.

namprat

Jan 24, 2019
Hey Folks, This is AOR 22nd Nov FSW

I called the agent last friday, regarding UI update(application/profile updated) on my application. The agent said, it was because you passed criminality and security. He said, everything is processed on your application, just waiting on someone to place a final decision on my application. I thought, the approval will happen next day, but still waiting, fingers crossed.

seantung

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
SK-EE
AOR Received.
26-Nov-2018
Med's Done....
2018-12-14
Hey Folks, This is AOR 22nd Nov FSW

I called the agent last friday, regarding UI update(application/profile updated) on my application. The agent said, it was because you passed criminality and security. He said, everything is processed on your application, just waiting on someone to place a final decision on my application. I thought, the approval will happen next day, but still waiting, fingers crossed.
Congrats, are you outland or inland?