+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

vimalvgovind

Jan 17, 2019
It is usually better to move to local VOs since they will be able to process the applications better as they will have better knowledge of the country.

Mine and several other Indian applicants are processed at Ottawa.

I would say realistically you should expect PPR by April!! As per immitracker, the average processing times for Indians is 150-170 days.
I spoke to an agent just now after a waiting period of 25 minutes. She told she doesn't have the view since it's moved to New Delhi. Is it true that the agent's view will be obliterated for those cases gone out side Canada for Processing? Have you ever come across any cases similar to this? Kindly share if you have.

soliloquy

Nov 3, 2016
I have been trying not to worry about my application but I caved in and sent a CSE asking about my eligibility, criminality and background checks on Thursday. I got a reply today that doesn't seem to be one of the cookie-cutter responses they usually give and it has me confused now. I do have causes to be concerned about my application (applying with non-accompanying parent of my child and others that I don't want to go into).

I've bolded the parts that have me confused.

"Good day soliloquy,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

· Your application was received via your account on November 9, 2018.

· Your application is currently being processed at the local office in Vancouver, Canada,

• you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
· The background verifications are currently valid.

IRCC is committed to reviewing most permanent resident applications submitted online within a 6-month time frame. Although the delay may vary, rest assured that we are making the necessary efforts to finalize your application within established processing times."

Application details:
Stream: CEC Inland (I am in Vancouver)
AoR: November 9 2018
MEP: December 11 2018
IP2: December 11 2018
RPRF not paid yet
GCMS notes ordered 2 weeks ago.

Questions:
1 - I never hear about applications being processed at the local visa office in Vancouver.. is this cause for concern? What happens at this LVO?
2 - What on earth does "the background verifications are currently valid" mean?

Moreeh

Dec 11, 2018
Yap, it's the same thing

I was asked to choose one of these: which is the right one to know about the status of my application?
We require that you confirm which specific information you would like to receive:
- The electronic file, which include the file status and updates, the notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) as well as reasons for any refusal; or

- The application forms, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC, which includes the information submitted during the application process.

soliloquy

Nov 3, 2016
I was asked to choose one of these: which is the right one to know about the status of my application?
We require that you confirm which specific information you would like to receive:
- The electronic file, which include the file status and updates, the notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) as well as reasons for any refusal; or

- The application forms, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC, which includes the information submitted during the application process.
You want the first one. The electronic file including the status, updates and notes.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I spoke to an agent just now after a waiting period of 25 minutes. She told she doesn't have the view since it's moved to New Delhi. Is it true that the agent's view will be obliterated for those cases gone out side Canada for Processing? Have you ever come across any cases similar to this? Kindly share if you have.
Yes, they can only update you on applications within Canada. You will have to contact NDVO directly from here on

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
I have been trying not to worry about my application but I caved in and sent a CSE asking about my eligibility, criminality and background checks on Thursday. I got a reply today that doesn't seem to be one of the cookie-cutter responses they usually give and it has me confused now. I do have causes to be concerned about my application (applying with non-accompanying parent of my child and others that I don't want to go into).

I've bolded the parts that have me confused.

"Good day soliloquy,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

· Your application was received via your account on November 9, 2018.

· Your application is currently being processed at the local office in Vancouver, Canada,

• you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
· The background verifications are currently valid.

IRCC is committed to reviewing most permanent resident applications submitted online within a 6-month time frame. Although the delay may vary, rest assured that we are making the necessary efforts to finalize your application within established processing times."

Application details:
Stream: CEC Inland (I am in Vancouver)
AoR: November 9 2018
MEP: December 11 2018
IP2: December 11 2018
RPRF not paid yet
GCMS notes ordered 2 weeks ago.

Questions:
1 - I never hear about applications being processed at the local visa office in Vancouver.. is this cause for concern? What happens at this LVO?
2 - What on earth does "the background verifications are currently valid" mean?
1. A lot of applications are finalized in Vancouver.
2. Probably related to your education, experience etc.

Last edited:

b647

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
AOR-22nd Nov. My application shows eligibility is in review process, but when I called the agent, she said, you have passed the eligibility criteria and background check is processing. I guess, they don't regularly update the website application status. Has this happened to anyone else?
Same here i was told it is recommended pass and no update on website.. only my security screening hasn't started the rest stages are passed. (AOR Nov 28)

Ballay Ballay

Star Member
Jan 4, 2019
It is usually better to move to local VOs since they will be able to process the applications better as they will have better knowledge of the country.

Mine and several other Indian applicants are processed at Ottawa.

I would say realistically you should expect PPR by April!! As per immitracker, the average processing times for Indians is 150-170 days.
On immitracker the average time for Indians to get ppr is 112 days