+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Shweta1289

Dec 11, 2018
I called CIC yesterday through hangout,there was a very long queue to get to the agent,opted for the other option,were an automated voice was answering the question to the status,she just repeated the same status as is there on the site.Probably because I called quite early (after 67 days).Should have waited for 90 days .

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I called CIC yesterday through hangout,there was a very long queue to get to the agent,opted for the other option,were an automated voice was answering the question to the status,she just repeated the same status as is there on the site.Probably because I called quite early (after 67 days).Should have waited for 90 days .
67 days is too early.

I am 90 days and still have no significant movement lol

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
Just call the call centre and they'll tell give you an update on your eligibility. I called them twice and received exact same answers. It's very unlikely that they'll provide you with a wrong answer because all calls are recorded. Either they won't tell you or will give you the right answer. FYI, agents see the same info that you see on GCMS notes

Call center agents often do give the wrong answers. Like most other employees, they make mistakes.

I've seen cases where call center agents have

1. Told applicants that POF exchange rate is frozen at time of AOR
2. Told applicants that ordering GCMS notes will delay their applications
3. Told applicants that their eligibility was fine when it was under review
4. Told applicants that their eligibility/background checks haven't started, 6 months in the application, and then a few days later they got PPR.

Also, if you look at the previous months AOR threads - it seems that the call center agents are just reading out the status that we see when we login to the application nowadays, for all applications that haven't passed the six month mark.

Last edited:
Reactions: baxa1981

gianlyresh88

Jun 5, 2017
Hi, I just submitted PR application, AOR date 11 January and nothing has changed in my profile as of yet. Im also under MPNP strategic initiative and I'm checking this forum for timelines to give me an idea how long or fast PR processing would be thru this pathway. Hope everything will go out well in our application. Kindly keep us posted :) thank you @gianlyresh88
Sure will do, no worries :)

SMNewMember

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
I spoke to an agent as well. Luckily he was helpful. He didnt really anything different from what we already knnow. Just added that a lot of time has been lost due to holidays and the harsh weather and that i would be lucky if i hear anythiing before 4.5 months.

Reactions: pizzaboy99

Novich

Nov 27, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-11-2018
I raised a CSE on Monday this week and got my response on Wednesday.I asked to know my visa office as well as any other update on my file.
AOR 15 November,MEP 17/12/18,Because of biometrics it's been IP2 since day one.Below is the response i got from a certain agent who responded to my enquiry.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application.

All the required documents and information have been received by the case processing center in Ottawa, Ontario, for the moment.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

I am not sure at what stage of the application does the application go to case processing centers from CIO. Does anyone have any idea?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I raised a CSE on Monday this week and got my response on Wednesday.I asked to know my visa office as well as any other update on my file.
AOR 15 November,MEP 17/12/18,Because of biometrics it's been IP2 since day one.Below is the response i got from a certain agent who responded to my enquiry.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application.

All the required documents and information have been received by the case processing center in Ottawa, Ontario, for the moment.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

I am not sure at what stage of the application does the application go to case processing centers from CIO. Does anyone have any idea?
Even my file is in Ottawa