Ottawa
AOR Received.
20 -11- 2018
Med's Request
30-08-2019
Med's Done....
05-09-2019
Nov 18th, eligibility is still in progress...NOC 2171
Have you called them lately? Did the agent tell you its in progress? When was your file last updated?

Ppr-2019

May 27, 2019
Have you called them lately? Did the agent tell you its in progress? When was your file last updated?
I did call last week and they said background and eligibility is in progress. I ask them to send reminder note to officer but they said Application do not have indicators to send reminder to officer. Not sure which indicator they referred to?

There is no update since Dec 2018 except this morning status showed ‘Application/Profile Updated’ when I log on initially but later on changed to ‘Submitted’

Reactions: Upasana

Skr2510

May 15, 2019
Call centre agents can send a remainder to the case officer requesting an update on your case. The officer has 30 days to respond. During this period, he either makes a decision or provides a reason for the delay.
Called them again on Monday... new representative does not want to take action as this will overburden individuals at CIC. What to do now?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Called CIC today, spoke to some nice dude. Nothing concrete was said but the only difference was that he kept me on hold to help me find out why my application has been untouched. He came back to inform me that he would send out a notification to the case officer and the CO would have 30 days to respond to them, but a response to my application may come earlier. Does anyone know if this makes sense or if I should disturb them again? AOR 29th Nov
Yes the agents can send a remainder to case officer after 6 months.

Usually the case officers make a decision within that 30 day period if not they mention the reason for delay. Even if you contact the agent again they can send the next remainder only after 30 days have passed since the first remainder

Reactions: OjideK

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Called them again on Monday... new representative does not want to take action as this will overburden individuals at CIC. What to do now?
If a remainder has already been sent then they don't send a second one until 30 days have passed.

So you need to wait till they respond to the remainder.

OjideK

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
If a remainder has already been sent then they don't send a second one until 30 days have passed.

So you need to wait till they respond to the remainder.
Exactly what the agent said. Would you advise I raise a GCMS note now or wait a bit or till the next 30days?

Reactions: Upasana

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
GoT is over, application is approved. The only thing I am waiting for is the CoPR appointment. Even that wouldn't change much.

I am bored, but at the same time feel guilty that I am not doing anything. At least before I could get anxious about my application and pretend I can't do anything because of the anxiety..

greenboymx

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
Guys, I was wondering, once the application is approved (if it’s ever approved at all), what’s the deadline to do your check-in to the country? I think I read somewhere that it depends on your medical exams. Is that true? What’s the rule? One year from the day you underwent the medical exams?

I mean in that case I have only like 3 and a half months left. At what point do they ask you to re-take medicals?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Guys, I was wondering, once the application is approved (if it’s ever approved at all), what’s the deadline to do your check-in to the country? I think I read somewhere that it depends on your medical exams. Is that true? What’s the rule? One year from the day you underwent the medical exams?

I mean in that case I have only like 3 and a half months left. At what point do they ask you to re-take medicals?
You need to do your landing before the medical expires.

Generally, you will have atleast 4-6 weeks for landing when the PPR is issued.

Most of the time they extend your medical for another year or request you re-take it depending on the case officer.

Reactions: greenboymx