+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

renatayumi

Dec 4, 2018
Hi guys!

Another silent reader here.

I am currently on a OWP (came to Canada with my husband who's studying) and we applied to our permanent residency (AOR Nov 13). I am the main applicant. At the time of submission I was not working but applied with relevant work experience I had - worked 5 years at a telecom company, straight from Ottawa, where we live. I should have done this before coming to Canada but we were in a hurry and preferred to come with a SP and OWP and try to become PR after landed.

Turns out I got a job offer (not LMIA) from a Canadian company and started working on Dec 2018, when my application was already sent. My question is: should I let CIC know about my current employment here in Canada? I am super worried cause my application is apparently in IP2 (background seems to be started since a loooooong time ago, maybe on Jan or February but so far nothing else has changed. Eligibility is still pending.

Any thoughts??

Thanks!

Manpreet3

Star Member
Apr 7, 2019
Thank you for the encouragement.. I wish the same for you. Are u in Ip1 as well..
Thank you!
My background check is under process since more than a month which I assume is IP2. But haven't received any update post that.
Have you called IRCC or ordered notes ?

Anji721

Apr 1, 2017
Hi All! My husband & I have also submitted our entry in Nov 2018. Wanted to check if everyone here has received their COPR yet?
Our application says its taking longer than usual. Little concerned coz they've not requested for any other information either. Appreciate your inputs!
Raise a CSE or call CIC to know the status of application.

ECLN

Aug 23, 2018
Toulouse, France
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Yes. There may be some variations, but most are processed in this order.

This is very logical too.

The first stage R10 (completeness check), if the application is incomplete, it will be rejected. This is why it is the first stage. Along with the R10, based on your PCC, the criminality is done, unless you are an inland applicant who need to submit the RCMP, which is requested later.

Around this time, the medicals is also done. Usually the eligibility will not start unless medicals are done, because if an applicant or a family member is medically inadmissible, there is no need to do the eligibility.

Then starts the eligibility, which is the comprehensive review of all your documents. It takes place in 2 stages and is time consuming, eating the most of the processing time.

Only after the eligibility is passed, the security will start. Since the security is done by agencies other than IRCC, like CBSA, CSIS and Public Safety, this is the last stage.

If your AoR is February 1, your R10 should be complete, and criminality passed by now.

But, since you have requested the notes, you should get a clear picture.
Thank you very much for your reply!
So you haven’t seen many cases of rejection due to PCC at this stage (after 3,5 months)? Should I attempt to renew my PCC (consulate in a another city)?

Since my file was transferred to LVO (Paris VO) I sent a request for an update on criminality check yesterday, but I doubt they will reply...

Mr_Chang

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
ohhh! The ____. Have to face these until the minute you leave. The very reason for some to even leave!
Any idea how much they are charging? I am from Chennai, and taking a 8hr trip to Bangalore wont work. I might as well do it here in chennai.
I'm leaving for the exact reason. Pay millions in taxes and then get scammed by both public and private sectors. I'm tired.

I don't know exactly what they were charging but this is one of the posts I was talking about https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/chennai-vfs-passport-submission-beware.619779/

Maybe it's mentioned somewhere there or the person might reply on messages.

Good luck.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Received golden mail today morning
AOR-17th November
MEP-18th December
NOC- 4011
Till 14h may - IP1
15th may - IP2
16th may - PPR mail
Visa office - Ottawa
No ADR request
Called ircc only once on 13th may - agent informed about clearance of eligibility, but upon asking time limit he replied that it's not in their hand to say about that it's depend upon the time taken by security and other agencies to submit their report about background check and security clearance
Not ordered gcsm notes
Not raised CSE

Thank you all of you for your great support. This thread helped me a lot
Congarts

Reactions: Shweta1289

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
PPR Update:-
Friends,
FSW-O - India
Nov 17 AOR
Medical passed on Dec19th
As per GCMS notes of March - Eligibility met and security recommended passed. BG check not started.
No movement since Dec.
Yesterday morning (May 15th) got ghost update - profile changed to BG started.
Today Morning (May 16th) got PPR

Thank everyone for the wishes and support. I wish good fortune to everyone here.
Congrats

Reactions: Shweta1289

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Dear All,

today I got an email from "CPCO-Final request" with the subject "Ready for Visa" asking me to submit my passport and photo in the nearest VFS.
Is it the PPR? there is nothing changed in my account, it is at IP2 since last Friday. And, yesterday my application crossed the 6 months period.
Congrats