+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Upasana

Mar 27, 2019
I did some digging on this and also with help from @Immigration_guru what I understand is that, the background check is part of security.

Security check is done by Canadian intelligence and security agencies, with or without cooperation of proper authorities in countries you lived/stayed in, and it is done completely independently from IRCC - IRCC only gets result, which will be positive or negative, without any explanation (as it is classified). Basically, once IRCC gathers the results from all agencies they pass security within few days.
Thank you :)
Wishing you a speedy PPR. :)

Reactions: Pbaj and SithLord

MKRaja

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
No, Criminality is only based on the PCC. Where as in eligibility all the documents are checked.
Eligibility is done to check if you actually score the CRS which you claimed during profile creation, are the documents valid, NOC code verification, POF funds check etc.
Thanks! One more thing, nov 2018 aor, my file moved to IP2 last week, that indicates only criminality passed or something more?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Thanks! One more thing, nov 2018 aor, my file moved to IP2 last week, that indicates only criminality passed or something more?
back in 2017, IP2 generally meant your application is in final review by an officer. This is where security check triggers

Now Ip2 doesn't really mean anything. In your case, eligibility checks should have begun.

zafontana

Star Member
Apr 22, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2018
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
After 2 days finally got hold of an agent and said my application requires final review from the officer
Eligibility - Recommended Pass, Criminality - Passed and Security - Not started

The officer is waiting to get response from the government agencies who are carrying the background checks. These government agencies take time to carry out their checks and once they respond, my file should be picked up and approved. He didn't say how long it will take for them to respond but seemed very confident that it shouldn't be long because at this point the application looks to be in final stages so it's just a matter of time when the government agencies respond :)
Yay! happy days! and that might be why mine is taking a while too... waiting for 3 government agencies to reply...

MKRaja

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
back in 2017, IP2 generally meant your application is in final review by an officer. This is where security check triggers

Now Ip2 doesn't really mean anything. In your case, eligibility checks should have begun.
Okay, but we see so many cases getting ppr within a week of IP2, what does that indicate?

Ven_sus

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Chennai, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
Doc's Request.
08-12-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Guys not to dampen anyone's spirit.
But are there chances that it could get delayed till October? I mean for Nov AOR that will be 11 months processing time. Is that even possible. Since many are stating that the agents on call ask you to wait till September or October.. isn't that too much delay? Can IRCC do that?
And related to this, I understand if there are ADRs , lot of back and forth there is a delay. At least they haven't rejected and still communicating. But can applications remain untouched since MEP for 9-10 months?