+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Ceppiman

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Generally, security check only starts after eligibility is passed.
Not necessarily, when I called the agent told me everything has started, but nothing finished except for medicals. The agents now start everything asynchronously, that is if they ever pick up your file.
I specifically asked if I didn't even pass criminality, and the agent said no, and I've given biometrics

Reactions: SithLord

Rocky_2018

Feb 6, 2019
Hi guys,
My call was connected to a nice agent and he told me that the eligibility and background checking are going on side by side, but the officer hasn’t updated anything online. how much time does it take to verify them? Though no one can guess the process timings

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi guys,
My call was connected to a nice agent and he told me that the eligibility and background checking are going on side by side, but the officer hasn’t updated anything online. how much time does it take to verify them? Though no one can guess the process timings
Honestly no idea how long it takes for them to verify everything, it could take 2 days, 2 weeks or even 2 months :)

londoneye222

May 12, 2018
hey all, i've got 28 days left till the 6 month mark and havent had any ADR etc. Reading this thread it seems like almost everyone got ghost updates, I havent been logging in every day and havent had the chance to see any. Could this mean that my file has not progressed at all post biometric?

imspabhcan

Apr 6, 2019
9 days left for me and all I still get is “though your eligibility is met, we can’t say anything else. It can take an hour or it can take a year, maybe more”
Don’t really want to order notes at this juncture.

anjanacarri

Star Member
May 31, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
16-11-2018
Med's Done....
18-12-2018
LANDED..........
18-07-2019
hey all, i've got 28 days left till the 6 month mark and havent had any ADR etc. Reading this thread it seems like almost everyone got ghost updates, I havent been logging in every day and havent had the chance to see any. Could this mean that my file has not progressed at all post biometric?
I have 23 days left.. no ADR... no update post medicals .. i keep wondering the same.. either my documents and history are in order or nobody has gone through it.. i did contact the call center 2 weeks back and the agent said its “ work in progress “ .. wondering what that means

Reactions: daluu129

Sushi777

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
So I updated IRCC on my marriage recently. Last week they requested additional documents - quite a bit and gave me 30 days to upload them. Prior to that I have heard nothing from them since medicals passed. 29 days remaining on my progress bar. Hoping to get all the documents together this week. I guess technically I will have a longer wait than you guys. I know it's frustrating but hang in there!

Ceppiman

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
9 days left for me and all I still get is “though your eligibility is met, we can’t say anything else. It can take an hour or it can take a year, maybe more”
Don’t really want to order notes at this juncture.
If your eligibility is met, do not bother getting gcms notes as you won't see the security screening process there.

Inabt

Jul 19, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Rome
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
Med's Request
10-12-2018
Med's Done....
01/11/2018
Passport Req..
01-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2019
LANDED..........
14-10-2019
Hey!
Biometric applicant here and not a single update since December. No ghost update,no adr..Nothing! 16 days left. You're not alone in this:)