+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Manpreet3

Star Member
Apr 7, 2019
I wanna ask u ... Kindly reply tht how did u connect with tht cic agent?? As since past two days m trying to call cic
through google hangout app ... But it didn't connect even once.....
Hi!
I called at +1 (613) 944-4000 from India. On following suitable options This will direct you to the IRCC portal. I called at 7:30pm IST. I had to wait for 15 min to speak to the agent. In total, it took me 34 minutes.
It's bit expensive but had no other option. I really wanted to talk once.
All the best; hope this helps you to reach the agent.

Favnia

Mar 18, 2019
Guys Canada has a long weekend - Easter is this Friday, so lots of people are taking vacation time. Also Monday is a day off for the governmental organizations. I wouldn't expect a lot of updates this week (unfortunately ).

Manpreet3

Star Member
Apr 7, 2019
Yep. Past visa refusal. My first EE application was refused cos the officer said I do not meet the financial eligibility. They subtracted my credit card debt from my POF and that reduced my settlement funds to about $10,500. I paid off the credit card debt and reapplied thinking it will be a smooth ride but now I know maybe they don't want me in Canada:):):):).
Hi!
Had you mentioned about your credit card debt in the bank letter or they found it somehow during verification?
I am asking this because I also have a credit card and the entire amount hasn't been paid yet. However, just in case they happen to reduce the amount from my funds, the amount in FD remains more than required.
Could you share some thoughts on this ?
Thank you

Reactions: Oksamjackson

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
I applied my GCMS notes on March 6 and I just received it.

CRS - 483 FSW (Inland)
AOR - November 12, 2018.
Eligibility - Not Started
Security - Not Started
Criminality - In Progress
Info Sharing - Complete

Application has not been touched since December 12,2018 and there was no Analyst notes too. I guess I will wait for long....:):):):)
I am in the exact same situation, just AOR is November 11th, the rest is exactly the same, even the VO :)

bk2018

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Hi!
I called at +1 (613) 944-4000 from India. On following suitable options This will direct you to the IRCC portal. I called at 7:30pm IST. I had to wait for 15 min to speak to the agent. In total, it took me 34 minutes.
It's bit expensive but had no other option. I really wanted to talk once.
All the best; hope this helps you to reach the agent.
I tried calling them using this no. but it just routed to an automated message where they inform about AOR date and all other details as appearing in application at the moment. Also, it states to use web form for additional information needed.

Not sure if i missed choosing correct option :(

How can we connect to an agent? Pls advise.

Oksamjackson

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi!
Had you mentioned about your credit card debt in the bank letter or they found it somehow during verification?
I am asking this because I also have a credit card and the entire amount hasn't been paid yet. However, just in case they happen to reduce the amount from my funds, the amount in FD remains more than required.
Could you share some thoughts on this ?
Thank you
My credit card debt was on my bank letter but honestly, I don't think it was a valid reason to refuse. I believe the officer just wanted to refuse me. I had a friend whose credit card debt was huge and if it had been taken from his settlement funds, it would have reduced it to around $8000 but they still approved his PR. Don't worry about the credit card debt i think.

Reactions: Manpreet3

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
I was lucky to get it earlier but I have seen people waiting for more than 10 months without any red flags on their application. They were not under security screening. Their file was waiting for review by an officer where actual timelines comes into play. If you are lucky your file gets picked early by an officer to review it and you get ppr earlier else you know the painful wait will continue.

Interesting thing to note is security only takes 1-7 days and most files after moving to ip2 take a backseat and is not touched until officer picks up. Once officer picks your file your security is cleared within a week and you get ppr.

No matter whether your file is simple or complex, it all depends on officer.
How do you know that security takes only 1-7 days?

Manpreet3

Star Member
Apr 7, 2019
My credit card debt was on my bank letter but honestly, I don't think it was a valid reason to refuse. I believe the officer just wanted to refuse me. I had a friend whose credit card debt was huge and if it had been taken from his settlement funds, it would have reduced it to around $8000 but they still approved his PR. Don't worry about the credit card debt i think.
Okayyy... thank you so much !

BUT could you or anyone else just look at the following question as the CC things has triggered a sudden concern now!!!

I had submitted my POF as FD of 15000 CAD $ as a gift deed from my father. This bank account is in different city - 1 hr drive from my hometown ( could this be a concern)
It was a fresh account - no loan - and was ready with funds in Sep 2018. Had applied the file on Nov 2 though.
Balance Certificate and letter have been provided for this.
NOW, in a different bank in my hometown I have a normal saving account like everyone has for daily use. I had provided 6 months statements from this.
I do have a credit card debt going on in this same bank but haven't provided anything about that.

does it look FINE???

I am AOR Nov 2, only 15 days are left for 6 months to get over.
Single applicant FSWO - India
Eligibility is being reviewed
No ADR required yet
Background Check is going on since April first week.

Manpreet3

Star Member
Apr 7, 2019
I tried calling them using this no. but it just routed to an automated message where they inform about AOR date and all other details as appearing in application at the moment. Also, it states to use web form for additional information needed.

Not sure if i missed choosing correct option :(

How can we connect to an agent? Pls advise.
Well I guess you missed out on hearing the entire option list at the end. So after the automated reading out of the status they do give you an option to tap 0 zero from the keypad which is to transfer the call to an agent.
Hope this helps!
Good luck :)

Reactions: bk2018

Villegas Family

Star Member
Dec 11, 2018
There is no method or pattern for processing files. I am a female US resident with 3 dependents and zero travel history and I am still in "IP1." Many believe those factors should have sped up my processing but they did not (AOR Nov 14). All information being used to find "patterns" are anecdotal, based on a few/a handful of people who share their info here. The truth is it's all random, unfortunately. So let's just wait and see, and not put too much stock in theories.

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
Okayyy... thank you so much !

BUT could you or anyone else just look at the following question as the CC things has triggered a sudden concern now!!!

I had submitted my POF as FD of 15000 CAD $ as a gift deed from my father. This bank account is in different city - 1 hr drive from my hometown ( could this be a concern)
It was a fresh account - no loan - and was ready with funds in Sep 2018. Had applied the file on Nov 2 though.
Balance Certificate and letter have been provided for this.
NOW, in a different bank in my hometown I have a normal saving account like everyone has for daily use. I had provided 6 months statements from this.
I do have a credit card debt going on in this same bank but haven't provided anything about that.

does it look FINE???

I am AOR Nov 2, only 15 days are left for 6 months to get over.
Single applicant FSWO - India
Eligibility is being reviewed
No ADR required yet
Background Check is going on since April first week.
Ideally, you should have provided a bank letter for your regular savings bank account also. And also provided bank statements for the account where you had the FD. And finally, you should have disclosed (or even better, just paid off) your credit card debt.

Now, I guess you have no option but to wait & hope they don't dig too deep to find CC debt and are ok with the documents you submitted. Otherwise, most likely you will get an ADR for POF.