+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Upkar1979

May 3, 2018
AOR 12 November, FSW-India.

No we did not submit any of these documents as they were not required and they asked docs for last 8 years. Luckily we were able to arrange all documents within hours of getting ADR.
Was your friend in so called IP1 or IP2 when ADR was asked ?

Pbaj

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
Sorry to intervene in all your good posts about getting prr but I just to rant about some agents’ attitude towards applicants. I didn’t think about it yesterday, right after my call to IRCC, but after a night I am a bit disappointed :(. Agents behave themselve in a way that we owe them for telling us personal information about our applications. You sometimes need to,literally, beg them to look at the first page and say has or has not an assessment started. And I am taking about looking at the notes.
Sorry for being negative but this thought made me depressed.
I have to say that sometimes there are really good agents who want to assist you but in my three last calls I only got to agents described earlier.
I can totally relate to this.Though our agent is good but it does feel the same at times.

Pbaj

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
I am a silent reader in this forum .
FSWO .INDIAN
My AOR NOV 20
MEP AND IP1 DEC 27
LANDING FEE AND IP2. APRIL 9
PPR ON APRIL 16
NO OF DEPENDENTS 2
Hello Adarsh,
Did your Background status or eligibility change prior your AOR.My AOR is 22nd Nov and there has been no change since MEP 27th dec.

GenDent

Feb 6, 2019
Congratulations to all who got ppr today!!!
Are all you guys from IT having job noc
2173 2174 etc.
Do let us know your noc, it might help in recognizing a pattern.

Reactions: avani1187

scargee

May 19, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
29-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-11-2018
Hi All,
I did my engineering in "Electrical and Electronics Engineering". My canada immigration AOR date is 1st Dec, 2018.

Yesterday I got a request for "additional documents required" from CIC. They need information on SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION REQUEST FOR STUDENTS. I am not a student.I am not sure what to respond on the following questions.
Please help me as I only have 6 more days to respond to these queries.

2- Proposed, current or past thesis.
We never had to create any thesis, should it be NA ?

3- Intended, current or past supervisor(s).
There were many professors who taught me during engineering? What should I write here ?

4- Supervisor(s) for previous studies
There were many professors who taught me during engineering? What should I write here ?

5- List of publication(s) and research papers
No publications or research papers were created by me. Should it be NONE ?

6- Source(s) of funding for studies.
Education Loan from "State Bank of India" bank.
Since I got a job after my engineering, I paid the entire load in easy monthly installments and the entire loan was repaid by April 2010.

7- Upon return to your country, what employment plans do you have in place? At which company or
organisation and in what field of work?

What should I write here ?

Name of company : Are they asking my current company ?
Duties: Are they asking my current duties ?
Name of supervisor(s) : Are they asking name of my current Supervisors ?
Did you do your "Electrical and Electronics Engineering" in Canada? I find it weird that they ask you these questions if you are not currently a student. Is your pathway through FSW? Question number 7 is definitely not a question for someone who is applying for PR under the FSW..:confused:

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
Hi All,
I did my engineering in "Electrical and Electronics Engineering". My canada immigration AOR date is 1st Dec, 2018.

Yesterday I got a request for "additional documents required" from CIC. They need information on SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION REQUEST FOR STUDENTS. I am not a student.I am not sure what to respond on the following questions.
Please help me as I only have 6 more days to respond to these queries.

2- Proposed, current or past thesis.
We never had to create any thesis, should it be NA ?

3- Intended, current or past supervisor(s).

4- Supervisor(s) for previous studies

5- List of publication(s) and research papers
No publications or research papers were created by me. Should it be NONE ?

6- Source(s) of funding for studies.
Education Loan from "State Bank of India" bank.
Since I got a job after my engineering, I paid the entire load in easy monthly installments and the entire loan was repaid by April 2010.

7- Upon return to your country, what employment plans do you have in place? At which company or
organisation and in what field of work?

What should I write here ?

Name of company : Are they asking my current company ?
Duties: Are they asking my current duties ?
Name of supervisor(s) : Are they asking name of my current Supervisors ?

Seeing a few people get this ADR, I think this is sent by mistake as this information is required for a study permit.

IMHO, these would be the answers

2. NA
3. NA (as supervisor usually refers to PhD/MS advisor)
4. NA
5. None
6. NA
7. No plans to return back to my country. As a Permanent Resident, I will work as an X in an appropriate company in Canada. (replace X with your current job title)

Name - Current employer
Duties - Current job title
Supervisor - Current manger

(Make sure these match with what you've provided on your application & documents)

Reactions: scargee

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Does that also mean a person with a recent BG update may have to wait for so so long? I really thought things get faster after the BG processing update. :/
Generally things should move faster once they pick up the file but not really sure what they do anymore.

There are some cases in October which completed background checks and still nothing for 2 months

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Congratulations to those who got their PPRs!

Now I feel like @SithLord getting frustrated and all.:( I feel you buddy!

My VO is Sydney and it sucks! They have not picked up my file yet.. It's awaiting the review of an agent.

I just hope once they start reviewing my file that it would be smooth with no issues! Kind of getting paranoid with what I read about someone who got rejected on the 5th month..:(
Haha!! Don't worry man, we will make it!!

scargee

May 19, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
29-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-11-2018
Seeing a few people get this ADR, I think this is sent by mistake as this information is required for a study permit.

IMHO, these would be the answers

2. NA
3. NA (as supervisor usually refers to PhD/MS advisor)
4. NA
5. None
6. NA
7. No plans to return back to my country. As a Permanent Resident, I will work as an X in an appropriate company in Canada. (replace X with your current job title)

Name - Current employer
Duties - Current job title
Supervisor - Current manger

(Make sure these match with what you've provided on your application & documents)
I agree. This must be a mistake. Do you know your visa office @azharuddin?

Last edited:

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
Hi all,
5 September: My ita
4 November: AoR
December: Medical passed
No update since then
13 April: application updated for bg check .. no mail
16 April: Ready for Visa Mail
Job code: 2173

Congratulations to all those who got PpR!!!
Thanks to @SithLord and @pizzaboy99 and @Xhosa for guiding and answering everyone’s concerns and problems diligently. Wish you all the best!!
@Priya0227 waiting to see your news too..
Good luck everyone!!
No problem, all the best for your new life! :)

Reactions: avani1187