+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

BruceWayne

Mar 28, 2019
Just got off the phone with an IRCC agent. Very sweet and kind lady. She says that my application is at CPC Ottawa, still under processing and everything seems normal given the fact that its still in its 5th month.
She also said there may or may not be a delay because there was an ADR at the end of December. But that there was nothing to be anxious about.

AOR 20th November 18.

It took 3 days and 8 attempts to get through their automated system.
Lovely lady though.
Awesome. Please help me how you dialled her. I tried various means (from India) to both their inland and outland numbers but it just went dead end.

Aburleigh

Feb 5, 2019
Any ideas how long the security clearance takes?
AOR Nov 3rd
MEP Dec 1st
IP2 Dec 1st

Ghost update 21st March (criminality passed)
ADR 22nd March for schedule A for dependant
Submitted 25th March
Additional documents "Not Applicable' 26th March
Ghost update 27th March
no updates since.
spoke to an agent last week to confirm documents were received. she advised they were and the ghost update was likely an agent accepting the ADR, no other information for me
Any ideas on where my application is at or what could be happening? security check?
:)

imspabhcan

Apr 6, 2019
Finally found someone who got the same reply :D:D Welcome to the club!!! :p:p

Even I was told by an agent that my completion date has been pushed to June 11 :D:D

You're more luckier than me since you have met eligibility but no checks have started for me lol :D:D

If I were you, I would be much more happier knowing eligibility has been met since that's the biggest hurdle. I understand the extra waiting kills but knowing that your application is 90% approved is much more satisfying than staying in the dark with 0% progress.
Oh! So you were also told the same. That surely makes us a team! Haha.
However, the fact of the matter is, my eligibility was met in December 2018 as per the agent. Therefore for the past 4 months they've been sitting on Security and Criminality! Surely the application may be 90% approved (as you say) but the change in status isn't just a matter of time anymore. We sure are on the same boat @SithLord ! :D

Reactions: SithLord

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Any ideas how long the security clearance takes?
AOR Nov 3rd
MEP Dec 1st
IP2 Dec 1st

Ghost update 21st March (criminality passed)
ADR 22nd March for schedule A for dependant
Submitted 25th March
Additional documents "Not Applicable' 26th March
Ghost update 27th March
no updates since.
spoke to an agent last week to confirm documents were received. she advised they were and the ghost update was likely an agent accepting the ADR, no other information for me
Any ideas on where my application is at or what could be happening? security check?
:)
Keep an eye on the next ghost update. That's a strong indication for the golden mail to follow

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Oh! So you were also told the same. That surely makes us a team! Haha.
However, the fact of the matter is, my eligibility was met in December 2018 as per the agent. Therefore for the past 4 months they've been sitting on Security and Criminality! Surely the application may be 90% approved (as you say) but the change in status isn't just a matter of time anymore. We sure are on the same boat @SithLord ! :D
I know someone from October thread who's application got approved in February but the PPR didn't come until this week.

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
Hi all,

It's so promising to see a start in PPRs for November applicants.

Been a silent visitor to this thread till now. Need advise from all here...

AOR - Nov 30
Medical Passed - Jan 22
VO - Ottawa
NOC - 2173
Dependants - 2
I am primary applicant.

There have been no further updates on the application till now.

We got our GCMS notes on Mar 16, according to which we are medical passed, Criminality passed , eligibility met .

My query is that my employer has a notice period of 3 months (non negotiable).
If everything is timely, then I would want to move in July so that I have ample time for job search and settling before harsh winter starts.
Not sure when the PPR will come, so I was thinking of resigning this week.
If I take any more time to resign I may not be able to get free and move in July timelines.

But this wait for visa is so unpredictable so am not sure whether to go ahead and resign or wait for PPR and then resign , PPR may take another month which will definitely push our landing farther from Aug to Sep.

Thanks in advance for your replies to my query.
I guess if you have enough of financial cushion to manage in case your application gets delayed, you can do it. Otherwise, better to play safe as there are no guarantees. Even IRCC says 20% of applications will take longer than 6 months.

poojarmalhotra

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
28-12-2018
AOR Received.
20-11-2018
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
LANDED..........
03-08-2019
Awesome. Please help me how you dialled her. I tried various means (from India) to both their inland and outland numbers but it just went dead end.
+1 (613) 944-4000

This is the number. If you’re calling from a landline/fixed phone, the number becomes 001 instead of +1.

poojarmalhotra

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
28-12-2018
AOR Received.
20-11-2018
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
LANDED..........
03-08-2019
I was asked for the same at end of November. Same day as medicals I think.
I’d called IRCC for the first time after the ADR was triggered because I didn’t know how to put down my educational credentials.

As per the GCMS notes I received in Feb, R10 was okay, info was updated as per ADR, and there was a ‘Recommended Pass’ note.
But that’s the last I’ve heard. My next set of GCMS also seem to be delayed. But seeing how I still have until the 20th of May to hit the 6 month mark, I’m gonna sit back and try not to panic.

Reactions: SithLord

Babukumar

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Hi all, who ll under go security screening? Have seen posts in other group and many have shared that it may delay due to that. this waiting is making me to think in all directions..