+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Shweta1289

Dec 11, 2018
Hi @Shweta1289 i wanted to understand the ghost updates. Is it just the application updated you see when you log in to profile or do you also receive an email notification about profile updated. Thanks
Hi, when you open your profile instead of submitted you will see updated but there will not be any change at that point in your profile.It’s a ghost update in the sense that you will in most cases not receive a mail.

vimalvgovind

Jan 17, 2019
Hi, when you open your profile instead of submitted you will see updated but there will not be any change at that point in your profile.It’s a ghost update in the sense that you will in most cases not receive a mail.
Under the "Current Status" against "Permanent Residency"?

Ram916kumar

Feb 7, 2019
This happens if you upload a client information letter as it means an officer has to calculate on the balance of probabilities if what you are saying is true. It happened to me. Took about 3 days to review it. I wouldn't worry.
I have something similar to this on my GCMS notes. Mine says counterfoil required but infosharing in completed. Would anyone of yoi happen to know the meaning of it?

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Thanks! I haven’t received any except one day after biometrics were uploaded. Not sure what that implied.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Thanks. Is there any indication in your notes why eligibility review by case analyst has not been done yet? Can you share the R10 completeness check notes by program assistant?
Sorry, I am don't have a computer with me to show but my R10 was ok and criminality was recommended pass. There are no notes on A11.2. The only notes come from a program assistant on R10 and criminality. Eligibilty has not started, unfortunately.
Now, with my file being transferred to Montreal, I don't expect any checks any time soon.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Yes, mine was reviewed. I had to write a letter because my job title is not matched with the NOC I chose. I chose a NOC for my duties rather than job title. It's very common with postdoctoral research fellows, there are many other threads on this forum. So the officer had to review the letter.
Okay thanks :)

Prapri2912

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
Go to GCMSbuddy website. It's self explanatory. This is cheaper compared to GetGCMS. I got my notes on the 32nd day of submitting.
Hi, so when I go to the site it asks me to pay immediately, doesnt ask for my application number or anything.. I. Am confused.. Am. I. Doing the right thing.. Shouldn't it ask u to enter ur details fill up a form and then take u to the payment page.. Please help

Babukumar

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Hi all whats the difference between this two following lines
1. Your application is in progress. We ll send you a msg once we start your background check.
2. Your background check is in progress. We ll send you a msg if we need more information?

balzie101

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
I was afraid of this :(

When nothing has started on my application, I really don't know what else I can do :(
At this point i think its best to just firget about this and order gcms again after month 6. No point worrying everydsy about an application they havent even touched in the last 4 months! Ughh..

balzie101

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Well, just got off the phone from the agent, my GCMS notes issued on the 15th of February says

Eligibility - Not started
Security - Not started
Criminality - Not started

I am happy to say that the agent also said the exact same thing today

Eligibility - Not started
Security - Not started
Criminality - Not started

Today is my 137th day :cool: Now that's consistency :cool:
I am surprised ur criminality hasnt started by now. I think thats quite a delay.. Did the agent mention any reason why it hasnt started? I think u shiuld probe on that. It appears they arent doing much at all on the file.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I am surprised ur criminality hasnt started by now. I think thats quite a delay.. Did the agent mention any reason why it hasnt started? I think u shiuld probe on that. It appears they arent doing much at all on the file.
I told the agent, I was given the same update on February 20. So for 1 month there has not been a slightest movement in my application?

And he said he can't see any indication of any changes. The VOs work at their own pace, since I am still under normal processing times, they can eventually pick up my file at some point during this period and have everything processed in a week's time :)

43 days to go and file is still untouched. This is definitely not normal. Anyways, let's see what happens!!

Reactions: balzie101