IP1 : Dec 13th
IP2 : Jan 18th
No updates - apart from my GCMS notes and 2 calls to CIC
PPR : March 1st

Type : FSW O
Marital : Single
Country of residence : USA
Nationality : Indian

A beautiful way to begin the month and end the week !!! :)
Wow!! Congrats!!

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Congratulations to those who received PPR email!!! Hopefully, the rest of us will have some good news too. :)

My AOR is 11/11/2018 and I ordered a note in January which said that my application is in Ottawa (I also called CIC the middle of February and the agent told me that my file is in Ottawa), however, I just called a few minutes earlier and was told that my file is in Montreal (sucks!!!!!!).....

Does anyone have a similar experience? Is it really true that Montreal will normally delay the process of the application?
Sucks!! Are you FSW-O? Montreal is super damn slow :(

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
OFFTOPIC

Well, I went to see How To Train Your Dragon 3 today, have to say best 2 hours ever :D

It definitely took my mind off this thing and the movie was exceptionally good :D Highly recommend it for those who like animation movies :)

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Congratulations to those who received PPR email!!! Hopefully, the rest of us will have some good news too. :)

My AOR is 11/11/2018 and I ordered a note in January which said that my application is in Ottawa (I also called CIC the middle of February and the agent told me that my file is in Ottawa), however, I just called a few minutes earlier and was told that my file is in Montreal (sucks!!!!!!).....

Does anyone have a similar experience? Is it really true that Montreal will normally delay the process of the application?
Well they are usually slower than Ottawa., but it is not for sure. They may pick up your file sooner.
Even if it is in either of the offices, you can't change it anyways, so don't worry about it that much and relax. Also, let others who have important questions get a chance to call CIC :D :D :D

rheng

May 2, 2017
Well they are usually slower than Ottawa., but it is not for sure. They may pick up your file sooner.
Even if it is in either of the offices, you can't change it anyways, so don't worry about it that much and relax. Also, let others who have important questions get a chance to call CIC :D :D :D
I thought I would get some good news as other Nov AOR applicants started to receive the golden email.... but the reality bites me...

kunal_agarwal

Nov 5, 2018
Hi,
I am AOR date is Nov 5. I am applying from India. Till now I have been a silent reader, but after seeing many people getting their PPR, couldn't control and applied for GCMS notes a couple of days back.
Just now I called CIC also, the lady said - my VO is Ottawa and Eligibility check has not started yet.
My account shows - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
I thought that means, they have started reviewing my application at least..!!!
Is the lady correct or my interpretation of online status is wrong?
thanks

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi,
I am AOR date is Nov 5. I am applying from India. Till now I have been a silent reader, but after seeing many people getting their PPR, couldn't control and applied for GCMS notes a couple of days back.
Just now I called CIC also, the lady said - my VO is Ottawa and Eligibility check has not started yet.
My account shows - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
I thought that means, they have started reviewing my application at least..!!!
Is the lady correct or my interpretation of online status is wrong?
thanks
I'm in the same boat. Will have to just wait for the GCMS notes.

As per others on this thread, it seems your file will have some movement but the agents sadly do not have access to that.

mpn0182

Jan 10, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
18-10-2018
Med's Done....
21-12-2018

Delay or no delay, the file has moved to another office which is a positive sign.

aknath.707

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Yayyyy! Finally, I successfully entered in 14 weeks timeline, that means 50% processing time is over. Now I can countdown :D

Just got off from a call to an agent. She was friendly, she gave me an update. Due to poor connection at that very moment I could not hear properly, I asked her again, she told the same but still, it was not clear. But it looked like - Everything is under process. Then I asked, is really my criminality check is going on for a month? She replied, not necessarily, but until a case officer approves it is shown as "in process". My update is yet to be reviewed by a case officer.

Oksamjackson

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018

Montreal is the worst place to have your application in my opinion but I can't say yours may go through the same thing. My first EE application was April 2018. I called them after 3 months and was told my application is at Montreal. Ordered my notes and I saw RR on the application. Mind you, the application was sent to Montreal in early June but I heard from them in October with a procedural fairness letter. They asked me to submit a new bank statement. I was relieved cos I had I never touched the money in my account so I still had $12,900. I printed a new bank statement and uploaded it. 3 days latter, the refused me with the reason that i do not met the financial eligibility. The officer deducted my credit card bill of $2300 from my statement balance and concluded that i only have $10,000 plus which is less than the required amount. I paid off all my credit card bills and reapplied again on November 12. Waiting for the next absurd thing that they will tell me...lol

Last edited:
Reactions: cansha