Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017
Just spoke to an agent

Nov 23rd AOR CEC Inland +1 dependent

As per the agent,

Eligibility- Met (Recommended Pass)
Medical- Passed
Criminality- Passed
Security- Not started (Advised done by a third party and they don't have any info about the status of that)

Visa processing office- Edmonton

Reactions: anxious-girl

vimalvgovind

Jan 17, 2019
Can someone please enlighten me with what is "ghost update"? Does it mean change in status without any email notification? Or no change in status but there is an email notification? o_O

anxious-girl

Star Member
Dec 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-11-2018
Med's Done....
03-01-2018
Can someone please enlighten me with what is "ghost update"? Does it mean change in status without any email notification? Or no change in status but there is an email notification? o_O
I think it's when you log into the online profile and the profile page says status says `Application updated` instead of `Submitted`, but you don't see any change to any of your statuses once you click to see the details.

Sarah K

Jan 15, 2019
Just spoke to an agent :(

Nov 3rd AOR FSW-I + 2 dependents

Eligibility- Not started
Medical- Passed
Criminality- In process
Security- Not started

Visa processing office- Etobicoke (Toronto I'm assuming)

Does this mean I have to wait whole lot longer? :( so disappointed.

Alecm464

Feb 3, 2019
Hi there, my wife and I are wondering whether anyone has any knowledge, experience or answers for us in regards to our application.
My wife is the main applicant, I am the spouse. Our combined score was 473 points.

My wife has Crohns disease (an auto-immune disease). She has been in remission for around 5/6 years now. She is on Humira (biologic drug) which costs around CAN$20,000 per year (according to research done online). We did research on the excessive burden to the state and it seems like we are very borderline on the cap, but nothing said we should be rejected on that basis alone or at least without providing a letter to motivate.

We have an immigration consultant who has told us "we have passed our medical exam"; however, it has not been updated on our application status by the CIC. She said this because our medical reports showed nothing that would say we did not pass.
We are from South Africa.
We are slightly concerned about this as the majority of Nov AORs have already got MEP.
We received the request to do biometrics on 24th Dec 2018. We did our biometrics on 10th Jan 2019 and this was updated as completed on 11th Jan 2019 on our application status.

Is there usually a strict system with which the CIC approves each part of the application (i.e. first meds, then biometrics, then background, etc)?
Or can they do any order they choose?
If we haven't passed the meds, why would they ask us to do biometrics? Or if we have passed why have they not updated the status?

AOR was 20th Nov 2018

Below is what our status are:

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Review of medical results - We are reviewing the results of your medical exam
Review of additional docs - We do not need additional docs
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send a message if this changes
Biometrics - Completed
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send a message if we need more info
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send a message once the final decision has been made

Any information or input would be highly appreciated.

Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017
Hi there, my wife and I are wondering whether anyone has any knowledge, experience or answers for us in regards to our application.
My wife is the main applicant, I am the spouse. Our combined score was 473 points.

My wife has Crohns disease (an auto-immune disease). She has been in remission for around 5/6 years now. She is on Humira (biologic drug) which costs around CAN$20,000 per year (according to research done online). We did research on the excessive burden to the state and it seems like we are very borderline on the cap, but nothing said we should be rejected on that basis alone or at least without providing a letter to motivate.

We have an immigration consultant who has told us "we have passed our medical exam"; however, it has not been updated on our application status by the CIC. She said this because our medical reports showed nothing that would say we did not pass.
We are slightly concerned about this as the majority of Nov AORs have already got MEP.
We received the request to do biometrics on 24th Dec 2018. We did our biometrics on 10th Jan 2019 and this was updated as completed on 11th Jan 2019 on our application status.

Is there usually a strict system with which the CIC approves each part of the application (i.e. first meds, then biometrics, then background, etc)?
If we haven't passed the meds, why would they ask us to do biometrics? Or if we have passed why have they not updated the status?

AOR was 20th Nov 2018

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send a message if this changes
Biometrics - Completed
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send a message if we need more info
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send a message once the final decision has been made

Hello,

"We have an immigration consultant who has told us "we have passed our medical exam"; however, it has not been updated on our application status by the CIC. She said this because our medical reports showed nothing that would say we did not pass."

How does your agent know what's in your medical report? Medicals are directly sent to CIC and your consultant wouldn't know about the result. However, the good part is that your Biometric was asked for and you passed that. I don't think CIC would ask for your Bio if you fail your medicals. The best bet is to order GCMS notes or directly call the centre. I am not sure if call centre can give you the details if you have a consultant assigned.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Just spoke to an agent :(

Nov 3rd AOR FSW-I + 2 dependents

Eligibility- Not started
Medical- Passed
Criminality- In process
Security- Not started

Visa processing office- Etobicoke (Toronto I'm assuming)

Does this mean I have to wait whole lot longer? :( so disappointed.
Mine is the same in regards to Eligibility. AOR - November 11th.

It's really disappointing due to the possible rejection even after 90-100 days

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018

AOR was 20th Nov 2018

Biometrics - Completed

I have a disability so I've researched medical inadmissibility due to excessive demand a lot.

Here is how the system works

1. Your local medical center does not make any decision on whether medical is passed or not. It simply prepares a report which lists the results of all your tests & examinations done at the center. If you have any medical conditions, they will be a part of the report.
2. This report is then examined by the Canadian Health Services officer. He/she will either pass the medical or will flag it if it a potential candidate for medical inadmissibility on public health, public safety or excessive demand grounds.
3. If it is flagged, then the VO will take a look at the report. In case of excessive demand, the VO will look up what it costs for treatment of the diseases or disorders and see if the cost exceeds excessive demand.
4. If the VO determines that it exceeds, you will get a procedural fairness letter (PFL) giving you a chance to show that you won't be an excessive demand.

Considering that your medical hasn't been cleared, it is almost certain that it has been flagged for review. There is a good chance that you will get the procedural fairness letter, and therefore you should consult an immigration lawyer with experience in medical inadmissability to help you draft a reply (better do it now just in case as if you get the letter, then there will be very little time to prepare the reply).

Also, order GCMS notes ASAP. It will give you an idea on what is going on with your application and will help you/the lawyer in drafting a response if a PFL is sent.

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
Hello,

"We have an immigration consultant who has told us "we have passed our medical exam"; however, it has not been updated on our application status by the CIC. She said this because our medical reports showed nothing that would say we did not pass."

How does your agent know what's in your medical report? Medicals are directly sent to CIC and your consultant wouldn't know about the result. However, the good part is that your Biometric was asked for and you passed that. I don't think CIC would ask for your Bio if you fail your medicals. The best bet is to order GCMS notes or directly call the centre. I am not sure if call centre can give you the details if you have a consultant assigned.
You can get a copy of your medical report from the center which did your testing. Just visit/call them and ask for it.

Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017
You can get a copy of your medical report from the center which did your testing. Just visit/call them and ask for it.
You don't get the results, or get to know if you "passed". However, if there's anything that you "have" to know (they find something bad), they will let you know about it. This is what I was told by the doctors in Canada