+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017
What's your eligibility, background verification shows online?
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results:You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.

Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017
That's great! Is your online profile in IP2 state? Congrats again! I would love to talk to an agent, but cannot seem to get through even once.
I am CEC applicant. My background check status changed to in process as soon as I passed the medicals. I am not really sure how to figure out the difference between IP1 and IP2.

Reactions: anxious-girl

Sarah K

Jan 15, 2019
Your PPR should be coming through way before May I think so you needn't worry about 6 months and all....
Most of us NOV. AOR's still are waiting for Eligibility to be cleared and I guess that stage the longest time unless one gets stuck in SS.....
May I ask what "SS" means?

Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017
SS is security screening

I just got into the queue. I wonder what I should ask? :eek:
Can you please ask the about the date put by the officer on your file to finalize the application. I am just trying to figure out something here. Many thanks

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Can you please ask the about the date put by the officer on your file to finalize the application. I am just trying to figure out something here. Many thanks
I hope I get a good agent

edit: what date do i ask him about? is there a specific name for it?

Reactions: Xhosa

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
this is sooo annoying, I am in queue for almost 40 minutes now and haven't gotten through yet.

My head will explode listening to this constant IRCC music

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
ugh, not a very helpful agent.

she only let me ask like 2 questions. Said it takes 6 months blah blah blah.

So, my file is at the great montreal office. Ugh....long long wait time now.

And my eligibility hasn't even started yet, true to Montreal office tradition. SIgh. It is going to be a long long wait

Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017
ugh, not a very helpful agent.

she only let me ask like 2 questions. Said it takes 6 months blah blah blah.

So, my file is at the great montreal office. Ugh....long long wait time now.

And my eligibility hasn't even started yet, true to Montreal office tradition. SIgh. It is going to be a long long wait
Sorry to hear that mate but agents need to be helpful. It’s a part of their job. We try 3-4 times and then sit in queue for an average of 45 minutes to get an update and then agents deliver us such answers. They are nothing but increasing call volumes by not giving complete answers as applicant will try back again for a new agent.

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
Thanks. So after R10 check, nothing for over a month now.

Eligibility or background still not started. Sucks :(
I wonder why would that be...
Maybe order GCMS notes and see what comes up....

Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017
Agents right now are just reading from the app status screen that is visible to all of us.

I'm guessing you are in the "IP1" stage and so your app status screen just says "We will send you a message when we start.." (don't remember the exact message). She is just relaying that info to you.

Check the August AOR thread... there was a big discussion about this. People calling up the agents and being told background not started and getting PPR a few days later.
Your security check will always be not started. GCMS or call centre agent will always tell you that your security check is not started due to privacy reasons. That doesn’t actually mean your security check has not started. You can order CBSA notes to check your security status.