Upfront
Med's Done....
02-09-2016
Passport Req..
06-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2017
Staunts2015 said:
Congratulations, I received my COPR today, as well! I'll be landing May 9th. Is that ok if I don't plan to actually move until August/September?
Congrats! That's a question I've been wondering about as well. I was thinking of going in July but maybe not really moving until later in the year due to work stuff here. From what I read it seems to be possible but you need to give a Canadian address so they can send your PR card. You will need that card to re-enter the country so you'll have to get someone to forward it to you. At least that's what I think. If you find something please share. :)

edit: just found this:
http://settlement.org/ontario/immigration-citizenship/landing-and-leaving/leaving-canada/i-need-to-leave-canada-but-do-not-have-my-pr-card-yet-what-should-i-do/

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
TN_Hibee said:
Congrats! That's a question I've been wondering about as well. I was thinking of going in July but maybe not really moving until later in the year due to work stuff here. From what I read it seems to be possible but you need to give a Canadian address so they can send your PR card. You will need that card to re-enter the country so you'll have to get someone to forward it to you. At least that's what I think. If you find something please share. :)

edit: just found this:
http://settlement.org/ontario/immigration-citizenship/landing-and-leaving/leaving-canada/i-need-to-leave-canada-but-do-not-have-my-pr-card-yet-what-should-i-do/
If it's only a matter of having your PR card, I don't think that would be an issue. It can be sent to my husband's mother, and she'd forward it to us. And I'll be traveling by private vehicle, so I may not even need that. I'm mostly worried that if we "land" but don't establish residence right after, CIC will think my sponsor isn't resuming residency or something. I don't want to run into any issues.

Kotishii92

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
I hope no need
Passport Req..
Soon I hope
VISA ISSUED...
Soon I hope
LANDED..........
Summer 2017 let's leave it to this :)
Torsyd said:
Wow, so much progress! Congrats everyone! Hopefully our application moves to the next stage soon. We are thinking of contacting our MP.

Still haven't received notes even after 2 months! Anyone know how to follow up the nortes request?
Hi Torsyd,

I was wondering if you have any news? At least did you get the notes?

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
We received our notes today! So I can confirm for sure that they can be ordered from outside Canada!

By the dates we see in the notes, it looks like they worked on our application in November when they received it and then didn't touch it until the day we requested the notes. So we're going to order them again soon.

Fatima786

Aug 14, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/8/2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 23-09-2016 , Aor2 26-10-2016
File Transfer...
17-10-2016
Med's Done....
25/7/2016 upfront
Interview........
Not Needed Dm on 31st march
Hi
I am landing in canada on 8th may. I am carrying dd of morethan 10000 CAD . for proof of funds i am giving statement of my savings account from last 18 months to show that the amount was as fixed deposits and also i am giving bank certificate. Is that ok. Do the cbsa agent ask abt source of income.
Pls reply
Thank you

Torsyd

Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
24-11-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Kotishii92 said:
Hi Torsyd,

I was wondering if you have any news? At least did you get the notes?
Hi - we don't have much of an update. Received the notes and it looks like the application wasn't touched between sponsor approval and when I sent further ( unreqested) information along. We have decided to lease a place while we wait. We don't have high hopes. I wish it was better news.

U.S.Eh?

Nov 3, 2016
Got an email denying me my notes I ordered back in March today. They want proof I'm inside Canada.... isn't that indicated on my application? And aren't the notes based off of passport scans - so I assumed they would see that I'm in Canada....

Anyway - decided to print out and fill out the waiver and just have my spouse order them. I am genuinely puzzled by this entire process...

Kotishii92

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
I hope no need
Passport Req..
Soon I hope
VISA ISSUED...
Soon I hope
LANDED..........
katdanger said:
We received our notes today! So I can confirm for sure that they can be ordered from outside Canada!

By the dates we see in the notes, it looks like they worked on our application in November when they received it and then didn't touch it until the day we requested the notes. So we're going to order them again soon.
Hey Kat,

Great news that you received the notes!

But well... This kind of thing to see that they didn't touch the file from November till the moment you ordered the notes... Is really, really annoying! Like our life is on the line and they just take their time with it... I understand that they have a lot of work... But come on! From November? Really?

I guess this is why it's really helpful to keep ordering the notes so they will keep reaching for the file to show some progress!

Good luck to you Kat! Will also share what's in my notes once I have them...

Kotishii92

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
I hope no need
Passport Req..
Soon I hope
VISA ISSUED...
Soon I hope
LANDED..........
Torsyd said:
Hi - we don't have much of an update. Received the notes and it looks like the application wasn't touched between sponsor approval and when I sent further ( unreqested) information along. We have decided to lease a place while we wait. We don't have high hopes. I wish it was better news.
Hey Torsyd,

I am sorry to hear this... I see that Kat is also going through the same... From the progress I see in my E-cas and cic account... I guess I am on the same page as you guys...

Are you going to order new notes?

Hang in there!! It's not going to be forever like this!!!

Kotishii92

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
I hope no need
Passport Req..
Soon I hope
VISA ISSUED...
Soon I hope
LANDED..........
U.S.Eh? said:
Got an email denying me my notes I ordered back in March today. They want proof I'm inside Canada.... isn't that indicated on my application? And aren't the notes based off of passport scans - so I assumed they would see that I'm in Canada....

Anyway - decided to print out and fill out the waiver and just have my spouse order them. I am genuinely puzzled by this entire process...
So they waited an entire month to deny? This get's better...

But I see that Kat ordered them from outside Canada... And we also did even though we haven't received them yet... But still if you are in Canada, I don't understand what they are doing there it's like come on... Basic things like this and how long we will have to be waiting foe the PPR request?!!!

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
I am not being allowed to sign into GCkey...keeps redirecting me to the home page...anyone having this prob

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
MonzB said:
I am not being allowed to sign into GCkey...keeps redirecting me to the home page...anyone having this prob
Yea, there seem to be a bug left after the maintenance update yesterday as the system is acting weird :)

Kotishii92

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
I hope no need
Passport Req..
Soon I hope
VISA ISSUED...
Soon I hope
LANDED..........
Survivor27 said:
Yea, there seem to be a bug left after the maintenance update yesterday as the system is acting weird :)
I just tried to log in...And there were no problems for me

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
Kotishii92 said:
Hey Kat,

Great news that you received the notes!

But well... This kind of thing to see that they didn't touch the file from November till the moment you ordered the notes... Is really, really annoying! Like our life is on the line and they just take their time with it... I understand that they have a lot of work... But come on! From November? Really?

I guess this is why it's really helpful to keep ordering the notes so they will keep reaching for the file to show some progress!

Good luck to you Kat! Will also share what's in my notes once I have them...
It is super annoying to see! But we did see recommended pass in a couple places, so that's some consolation! And the criminality has a due date of today - though I hear the due dates don't really mean anything.

We ordered the notes again last night and if we see the same thing where they don't touch the file except when we request notes then we're going to keep requesting them every time we receive them! I was really hoping/expecting we'd receive PPR this month or early next month, but after getting the notes I'm a little less hopeful.

U.S.Eh? said:

You should have had to prove you were in Canada in order to request the notes before. I had to scan my passport to show I'm Canadian. For foreigners inside Canada I believe you have to show your visa and something with your address in Canada on it. They request the proof of your right to order the notes on the last page of the web form - same place your sponsor will have to upload the consent form. They also allow you to upload up to 5 documents supporting your right to order the notes. But it may just be easier to have the Canadian order them.

I want to say I can't believe they waited a month to deny your request, but after seeing that they didn't touch our case between the end of November and the end of March when we requested the notes, I completely believe it!

I hope when you get the notes you get good news and see that it's been worked on!

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
MonzB said:
I also had problems this morning, but just now it let me sign in!