UPFRONT: 09/30/16. Meds Passed: 12/06/16
Passport Req..
11/22/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2017
LANDED..........
12/23/2017
U.S.Eh? said:
You can order notes for yourself or have him sign the waiver for you ordering on his behalf. I was able to order my own because I visit fairly full time within Canada. I'm praying the mail them out before I leave on the 28th for two days.... we did t have to sign/fill out the waiver - sorry I can't help more.
Any updates yet?

U.S.Eh?

Nov 3, 2016
tigermilo said:
Any updates yet?
Nope. Crickets. I had to force myself to stop checking myCIC & my ECAS before I started to go crazy. I am beginning my summer work travels soon and I'm beyond anxious.
It will be how it is supposed to be. I'm leaving up to the universe now.

tigermilo

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11/26/2016
AOR Received.
12/03/2016
File Transfer...
12/12/2016 (Received SA)
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11/22/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2017
LANDED..........
12/23/2017
U.S.Eh? said:
Nope. Crickets. I had to force myself to stop checking myCIC & my ECAS before I started to go crazy. I am beginning my summer work travels soon and I'm beyond anxious.
It will be how it is supposed to be. I'm leaving up to the universe now.
Same here. I'm constantly checking myCIC and ECAS at least once every couple of hours. Hopefully you hear something back before you travel. Hopefully we both get good news this month. Let me know when you get an update.

kimmwahli

Jun 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2016
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 21-12-2016/No AOR2
File Transfer...
28-12-2016;
Med's Done....
Upfront 11-2016
Passport Req..
05-04-2017 / ECAS DM: 06-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
VOH: 17-04-2017
Hi everyone.

Im posting my question here maybe someone can give me an answer.

For those of you who has COPR or landed already in canada, is missing info such as place of birth a big issue? My husband's copr in place of birth is empty but shows the country of birth.

Kotishii92

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
I hope no need
Passport Req..
Soon I hope
VISA ISSUED...
Soon I hope
LANDED..........
Summer 2017 let's leave it to this :)
Hi guys,

I applied for my GCMS notes on Saturday and I have found this two video's on YouTube very helpful!!

So I will leave them here maybe someone will also need them in the future:
How to apply online:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j_E_dq_uLVo

How to fill in the consent form: (IMM5744)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=irGC1Frktc8

Good luck!

Ruqayya1979

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Hello everyone I'm new to this thread. I'm just reading some of the posts and some of you have landed and your application didn't take long to be approved. I guess it depends on the VO. My application was sent to Bucharest. Both my husband and I and the kids currently live outside Canada. I have already been approved as a sponsor on November 14 and sent to Bucharest on November 28. Since then I have received an email requesting more info on ourbintentions of living in Toronto. That was in December and that's the last I've heard from them. Med exam was sent w application. I'm just anxiously waiting and hoping for an approval soon because I want to settle before school starts in September. Any ideas if it might take longer than month of may? Thanks!

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
Ruqayya1979 said:
Hello everyone I'm new to this thread. I'm just reading some of the posts and some of you have landed and your application didn't take long to be approved. I guess it depends on the VO. My application was sent to Bucharest. Both my husband and I and the kids currently live outside Canada. I have already been approved as a sponsor on November 14 and sent to Bucharest on November 28. Since then I have received an email requesting more info on ourbintentions of living in Toronto. That was in December and that's the last I've heard from them. Med exam was sent w application. I'm just anxiously waiting and hoping for an approval soon because I want to settle before school starts in September. Any ideas if it might take longer than month of may? Thanks!
Like you said, it really depends on visa office. You should ask in the Bucharest VO thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t481314.0.html

What evidence of intention to return to Canada did you send initially and after they requested more? I'm curious because I also have to prove my intention to return. They haven't requested more proof yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do ask soon.

Ruqayya1979

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
I have sent letters from friends and families stating they're going to help me once I land in Toronto to settle down. I also sent search sites of jobs and houses that I want to rent. Also provided a bank statement. I was stumped on what I should send them because I had nooooo idea what they're looking for. Its actually hard to prove because u can't rent prior to going to Canada unless the application is approved. They haven't asked for more proof so I have no idea if that's a good thing or bad thing
quote author=katdanger link=topic=459598.msg5947969#msg5947969 date=1492697754]
Like you said, it really depends on visa office. You should ask in the Bucharest VO thread

What evidence of intention to return to Canada did you send initially and after they requested more? I'm curious because I also have to prove my intention to return. They haven't requested more proof yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do ask soon.
[/quote]

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
Ruqayya1979 said:
I have sent letters from friends and families stating they're going to help me once I land in Toronto to settle down. I also sent search sites of jobs and houses that I want to rent. Also provided a bank statement. I was stumped on what I should send them because I had nooooo idea what they're looking for. Its actually hard to prove because u can't rent prior to going to Canada unless the application is approved. They haven't asked for more proof so I have no idea if that's a good thing or bad thing
I think they want to see things like job contracts and rental agreements and car payments, but like you said that stuff is really hard to produce when you don't know when you'll arrive! We basically sent the same stuff: letters from friends and family about how they'll help us transition (place to stay, car to borrow, etc.) and a statement of good standing from my Canadian bank. I also included a letter from my employer abroad stating that she is aware of my intentions to return to Canada when my husband receives his PR, as well as plane tickets from my last visit to Canada to show a continued connection to the country and people there. And I wrote a letter about my life here and why I want to return to Canada, emphasizing that living abroad was always a temporary thing. I also talked about how we'll live with my parents when we first arrive.

If they ask for more, we bought plane tickets for a few months from now - they're round trip though. If we aren't approved by then, my husband will go as a tourist. We're also hosting an event in Canada towards the end of the year that I can show contracts/receipts for.

Of everything you mentioned, what did you provide after the first time they asked you versus with the original application? I don't know if they'll ask more than once. But it sounds like you submitted everything you can.

Ruqayya1979

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Well in my application I didn't really provide a lot of info on my intention to live because as I stated before it's kinda hard to prove. However, when they asked for proof I provided a lot of letters and I also had a letter from my brother stating that he's willing to letting us stay at his house until we rent. I also sent search engines from a couple of universities to prove that my husnad is willing to attend to get his Canadian dentistry liscence.
Can ur husband go as a tourist? Would it work? Because I know u have to show strong ties to ur country so that u can show them ur intention of leaving once ur visa expires. I was actually thinking of having him apply for an visiting visa and just travel w me and the kids back to Canada this summer before school. I am not sure if they'll approve though.

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
Ruqayya1979 said:
Well in my application I didn't really provide a lot of info on my intention to live because as I stated before it's kinda hard to prove. However, when they asked for proof I provided a lot of letters and I also had a letter from my brother stating that he's willing to letting us stay at his house until we rent. I also sent search engines from a couple of universities to prove that my husnad is willing to attend to get his Canadian dentistry liscence.
Can ur husband go as a tourist? Would it work? Because I know u have to show strong ties to ur country so that u can show them ur intention of leaving once ur visa expires. I was actually thinking of having him apply for an visiting visa and just travel w me and the kids back to Canada this summer before school. I am not sure if they'll approve though.
He should be able to go as a tourist. He wouldn't be able to bring all his things with him, just what he would on a regular trip. And that's part of the reason the tickets are round-trip, incase he has to use his return ticket. He would be entering under dual intent: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/dual.asp
Because he's never overstayed a visa or anything like that I wouldn't expect it to be a problem. But we're really hoping to have COPR when we go! Based on other timelines we've seen through our VO I think we'll get it just in time!

TN_Hibee

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
18-11-2016
File Transfer...
25-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-09-2016
Passport Req..
06-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2017
MYCIC updated 2 days ago to Application Approved and today I received my COPR. :D

tigermilo

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11/26/2016
AOR Received.
12/03/2016
File Transfer...
12/12/2016 (Received SA)
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11/22/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2017
LANDED..........
12/23/2017
I still haven't had any updates. Background check is still in progress so I ordered my notes 2 days ago.

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
TN_Hibee said:
MYCIC updated 2 days ago to Application Approved and today I received my COPR. :D
Congratulations, I received my COPR today, as well! I'll be landing May 9th. Is that ok if I don't plan to actually move until August/September?