+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**NOVEMBER 2016 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS**

Khaledious

Dec 27, 2016
I was, and it was because I applied for a visitor visa for my wife before marriage, so now that we are married and now when I applied for the pr, When I was searching for the App on mycic, I had to click on single, for the marital status. Also try the old tricks, make sure you use a 2 for number of people on the application, don't put any passport info, and press the space bar rather then type the city name. Best of luck!!

Torsyd

Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
24-11-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Has anyone received passport request without first seeing background check in progress? We have been so patient and are wondering why we haven't heard anything from the Sydney visa office. I wonder if they are still holidaying from Christmas!

Also- did anyone Order their notes? We ordered them in February and they were declined in march because my spouse was out of canada, so we paid the five dollars. Will that mean we have to wait another month before they send the notes?

Thanks

Mrs. Cerbo

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
Cainta Rizal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-November-2016
Doc's Request.
22-February-2017
AOR Received.
8-December-2016 no AOR2
File Transfer...
8-December-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
3- April- 2017
Good Morning! Is there anyone receive an update today?

Torsyd

Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
24-11-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
prvc said:
I did get PPR without having BG IP first. Ha! They might still be on holiday. :p

GCMS Notes: When did you order them in Feb? I know someone with the same case as yours, the notes arrived after 40 days.

What's the usual timeline for a PPR for Sydney apps? You might hear news within this month. You can always send them a status inquiry, their response could be generic, but that would actually prompt them to look at your file.
I don't know what the usual timeframe is for Sydney. There are so few people submitting to that office that it's hard to gauge. Then of course most of the people from that region just have their paperwork sent to Ottawa and seem to fly through the process in sixteen weeks or less. I'm so jealous!

With the notes we ordered feb 9th and received a reply march 9th to say they couldn't send the notes until we paid the five dollars. Of course we paid right away... maybe we just keep waiting...

Torsyd

Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
24-11-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
prvc said:
I did get PPR without having BG IP first. Ha! They might still be on holiday. :p

GCMS Notes: When did you order them in Feb? I know someone with the same case as yours, the notes arrived after 40 days.

What's the usual timeline for a PPR for Sydney apps? You might hear news within this month. You can always send them a status inquiry, their response could be generic, but that would actually prompt them to look at your file.
How do you send a status enquiry?

U.S.Eh?

Nov 3, 2016
Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to get some feedback on this:
* ECAS hasn't changed since November - still only says that my medical is passed. Still reading as "in progress" for my sponsor's approval too (which is clearly no longer the case - AOR1 back in mid-November...)
* myCIC hasn't changed in about 6 weeks - background check in progress changed around beginning of Feb and we got a request for additional proof on Family Day ( Feb 20th ) - we sent additional requested proof that day. We've had crickets on all fronts since.

Many other applicants in our exact situation received PPR last week {Common-law, no children, living in Canada} - so now of course I'm worried what is going on with our application...
Any thoughts on timeline or possible hold ups in Ottawa?

mapleleaf27

Sep 11, 2016
New York, New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2016
AOR Received.
23-2-2017
File Transfer...
28-11-2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
15-3-2017
LANDED..........
someday soon!
U.S.Eh? said:
Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to get some feedback on this:
* ECAS hasn't changed since November - still only says that my medical is passed. Still reading as "in progress" for my sponsor's approval too (which is clearly no longer the case - AOR1 back in mid-November...)
* myCIC hasn't changed in about 6 weeks - background check in progress changed around beginning of Feb and we got a request for additional proof on Family Day ( Feb 20th ) - we sent additional requested proof that day. We've had crickets on all fronts since.

Many other applicants in our exact situation received PPR last week {Common-law, no children, living in Canada} - so now of course I'm worried what is going on with our application...
Any thoughts on timeline or possible hold ups in Ottawa?

Our ECAS and CIC hasn't updated since they requested more information almost 4 weeks ago. And just a week ago we got DM and PPR.

Congrats PRVC! and to everyone else! I know its hard for to be patient, but it makes it so sweet! We are planning on moving May 1 as well!

Kalex

Dec 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Doc's Request.
Not yet
AOR Received.
12-12-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
28-11-2016
Med's Request
N/a
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Hope not.
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
prvc said:
You should enter the PA's information. Have you tried that? Did the PA try entering Canada before? If she did, you may try using Single as status and try typing the letter in all caps.
I tried this several times and it never worked. As of whether he had entered Canada before, No! he had not entered Canada. Could this be the reason? We are using sponsors account because she is the one who has canadian credentials but putting in SP's info. Or are we supposed to add our daughter who is a canadian in the number of people included in the application? Sigh! What else can we do? Please any info will be very much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Bangchu

Oct 4, 2016
Visa application, tracking ID No.xxxxxxxxx is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, Singapore. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.

What the average time to receive passport back after Ppr?

Send my on March 8 and hasnt got back. Checking everyday with the same message driving me insane :))

molly mae

Apr 30, 2014
Sent in my PPR on Friday (Ottawa VO) and just got my COPR today! Seems like things are moving fast in Ottawa! I am going to land on Friday.

Best of luck to everyone :)

Sonynita

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 november 2015
File Transfer...
29 January 2016
Med's Request
29feb2017
Med's Done....
September 2015
Interview........
20 Jan 2017
Passport Req..
7th feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Hi I got visa today . After 4 year long time
Anyone leaving new dehli to toronto via abudhabi etihad airways 29 March plz share me

skyzee

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Vancouver, B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
11-10-2016
Interview........
BGC-In Progress: 22-02-2017, DM: 06-04-2017
Passport Req..
11-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-24-2017
Hey guys, did anyone in Nov get GCMS notes? Just looking at mine and a bit concerned that the eligibility hasn't been passed, yet BGC has started. Just wondering what others have seen in their notes, if anything.

skyzee

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Vancouver, B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
11-10-2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
11-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-24-2017
prvc said:
I ordered my first set of notes in February. Do you have an application assignment due date under Eligibility Review? Mine's March 05, 2017 and got the PPR on the 17th. Some would say that due date means nothing, but I believe it's otherwise. If your due date is close, you may expect the PPR around that time.

They will mark your Eligibility Review as Passed if your BG check turns out clean. They may mark the ER as 'Passed' at the same time as the BG check, too.

You won't be eligible for PR if you fail your BG check, so what you see makes sense.
Thanks for sharing your experience prvc, and glad you got your PPR :)

The due date for "Eligibility Assessment" is sadly a year from when the application started processing - ie. Jan 16/2018. It also got updated to status "Review Required", which according to another thread, is a bad thing.

Good point about due date though - at least I can see in a sub activity for criminality (RCMP screening), there is a due date of March 24, so there should be some movement there at least. I suspect our application even though BGC is in progress, will take longer than usual due to the Review Required flag :'(

Was getting super excited about Nov applicants getting their DMs/PPR too, shucks

skyzee

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Vancouver, B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
11-10-2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
11-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-24-2017
Ah, thanks again for the clarification. I see it, but the Application Assignment Due date is blank unfortunately.

In reviewing the notes further, I see that the officer flagged "An Examination and then Departed Canada. PA answered yes to Question 6 on the Sch A"

Most likely flagging that my wife was denied at the border once, which would make sense that they need to look into that further.

They go on to list all the proof of our relationship that we provided (joint billing, joint lease, joint bank acct, travel tickets, cards, wedding photos, outing photos, gathering photos, text msg logs, life insurance policies, support letters from parents and friends) and the notes also have a R72.1 (2) conditional PR recommendation... don't know if this means they're satisfied by proof since it seems like officer would put it in notes if they were. I'm mainly concerned this is going to an interview, which would really suck.

I suspect they'll finish up their BG really soon since due date is March 24, and status in MyCIC will change BGC to "not needed at this time", and hopefully finish up on the eligibility review relatively soon.

Aiya... I'm starting to think getting the notes was a bad idea. The less you know, the better for your mental well-being haha.