Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
24-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-10-2017
Hi all. Does anyone have any idea how long a PRTD takes to be issued?

spooky25

Jul 25, 2017
I have a small query. For spousal pr, in the background checks do they enquire about the work history of the spouse? The hospital i worked is not functioning any more and i dont have any proof regarding the same.

C

Classic Chucks

I have a small query. For spousal pr, in the background checks do they enquire about the work history of the spouse? The hospital i worked is not functioning any more and i dont have any proof regarding the same.
Nope.

C

Classic Chucks

Won't they conduct any sort of work related enquiries? What are they going to look after in back ground checks?
No, they do not. But you have to honest all the time just in case they do and be suspicious of what you do. Mostly they are concerned about your criminality/security admissibility issues.

RedStar001

Jan 21, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
18-11-2016
File Transfer...
25-11-2016
Hello guys,

I received a mail from Vienna to send them my passport.
My medical examination expires on August 18th. Can I enter Canada after August 18 or should I go before the expiration date?

C

Classic Chucks

Hello guys,

My medical examination expires on August 18th. Can I enter Canada after August 18 or should I go before the expiration date?
They may or may not extend your visa expiry, but be prepared just in case it won't be. If your visa expires on the 18th of August then you have to enter on or before that day, not after.

RedStar001

Jan 21, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
18-11-2016
File Transfer...
25-11-2016
They may or may not extend your visa expiry, but be prepared just in case it won't be. If your visa expires on the 18th of August then you have to enter on or before that day, not after.
August 18, my medical examination expires and does not expire visa ? :confused:
Is there anywhere to read a rule on this issue or whom to contact?

C

Classic Chucks

August 18, my medical examination expires and does not expire visa ? :confused:
Is there anywhere to read a rule on this issue or whom to contact?
Usually they will ask you if you can enter Canada before your medical expiry and if you can then they will issue the visa with the same expiry as the medical. And if you can't then they will ask you to do another medical.

Reactions: RedStar001

khana26

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
02-03-2017, Sent: 05-04-2017; 04-19-2017, Sent: 04-19-2017
AOR Received.
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-10-2016
Any idea how long it takes to complete background check? My CIC is showing background check for the last 3 months for us. What exactly are they checking? We are becoming a bit anxious.

Barats

Jun 12, 2017
Hello guys,

You can not enter Canada with expire medical at the border of Canada. Medical must be valid before you enter Canada.

416siha

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
T.O.
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV. 7th 2016 (App Received... : NOV. 9th 2016)
AOR Received.
NOV. 22nd 2016 / SA: DEC. 2nd 2016
To this date since April, not a single status has been changed.

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Going crazy here! The Colombo VO seems like processing this VERY.. VERY slow! Frustration level is at the highest point right now. Btw if I wanna sponsor my wife for a visiting visa, can someone give me a link? I'm not sure if I'm at the right place to apply on behalf of her so she can visit and we can be together.

sweetbd

Apr 1, 2016
To this date since April, not a single status has been changed.

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Going crazy here! The Colombo VO seems like processing this VERY.. VERY slow! Frustration level is at the highest point right now. Btw if I wanna sponsor my wife for a visiting visa, can someone give me a link? I'm not sure if I'm at the right place to apply on behalf of her so she can visit and we can be together.

When you send your file to VO and when they start processing you application?

Btw link for Visitor visa

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256ETOC.asp