+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

willzou

Star Member
Sep 30, 2016
I want to share some different experience.
The test is not as simple as I thought, so I did not get full mark. I think I lost mark in the questions that are not in the discovery. Like Hockey history.
but I passed test as most of people.

The interview is horrible. I only apply for myself, but she asked me about my family which is not in Canada.
Also she asked me about the stamps even I explained they are transit stamp. My flight ticket need go through that country.

I did not totally hide anything, but I think she asked something which has nothing to do with Canada. Like Another country does not allow dual citizenship.

Now I am kind of understand why so many people are waiting so many days even passed the test.
I think I will wait for quite a long time too, and I am not confident I will pass the interview and get decision made.

MoMo1980

Apr 12, 2016
My file is at Hamilton,ON I passed the test on March 9th and got decision made March 10th, She said I should hear back from them in about 1-3 month

MoMo1980

Apr 12, 2016
Almost Spring said:
Can anyone provide some guidance on the following? I have my exam scheduled for next week:

Citizenship Test:

Are the questions general in nature like the ones at the end of the study guide or do they ask about specific dates as well?
Any tips to help with the preparation..

Interview:

What questions can be expected? Also, the test invitation letter says " to carry any documentation to support the physical presence requirement if asked by the officer"- What type of documentation should we carry to the interview for this one?

Appreciate your help.
I read the book once, then studies the 150 question from the (yourlibrary.ca) site ... the test was straight forward and most of the questions were general I got no dates questions... passed 20/20

About the documents .. you must bring all your passports including the expired ones, your language test if you need one .. 2 pieces of ID (Driving license and health card) .. your Permanent resident card and your landing paper (All original documents no copies).

the interview was quick .. She asked if I still work in where I am now and if I am planning to leave Canada after getting the citizenship.

-- Good luck

willzou

Star Member
Sep 30, 2016
my status changed to "Decision made"
But there is no more message inside, the last message is still test invite.

is that "Approved" or "Rejected"?

it's kind of vague

rrajendra

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
willzou said:

is that "Success" or "Failed"?

it's kind of vague
Quite often, the message list is incomplete; Suspenseful, but no cause of panic!

I am 99.999999999999% sure it is a success. The reason: If they have problem with residency requirements, they will have to send you an RQ. If they had problem with your language proficiency, they would have bring your case to a citizenship judge. I, of course, assume that you passed the written test and confirmed your intention to continue to live in Canada after citizenship grant!

kolhapuri

Oct 2, 2010
Dublin
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Dec 16
willzou said:

is that "Approved" or "Rejected"?

it's kind of vague
I agree with the two posts above. My status was also changed to decision made 2 days after test. The Info in ECAS was changed two weeks afterwards when they had mailed the oath letter.

Mkaiser

Dec 20, 2016
Hi everyone
i would like to share my experience of my test .
i think no need to panic or something the test was quiet easy , all what you need to do it read the book and take onlin test especialy this on yourlibrary. ca
i took my test in french as i live in Montreal - QC - after i has an interview with the agen it was like general questions ( work , studies , when did i come to Canada ...) after that she said we will treat that , and she said about the ceremony they may contact me by phone or post i need to wait from 4 to 8 month .

Good luck everyone

aviscan

Mar 13, 2017
My test was at Mississauga. waiting for Oath letter. Ecas changed to decision made the day after. Test was on March 13th. anyone in same boat?

danny_princy

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
in Spreadsheet name with Danny

any Scarborough applicant received Oth Latter or invitation in march 2017.

my test was Feb 03 and decision made Feb 04 still waiting for the Oth.

August2015

Star Member
Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
not to worry i received the same, but i gave my oath 4 weeks after Test..

Audrey2013

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
August2015 said:
not to worry i received the same, but i gave my oath 4 weeks after Test..

How's the test? Did you take your test in Edmonton?
Can you please share what online test did you used to study?
Thanks!!

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
why there is delay in DM in some offices?

Patient83

Feb 13, 2017
Hi everybody.
I got my FP request on march 1st. Did it on march 6. Emailed the RCMP to ask if they already send the results to cic office, confirmed that they send it on march 9. Called CiC office just right after to make sure they got it. A lady answered and said that they got a note from RCMP that i did the fingerprints on march 9 but not the results and they are still waiting. The email from the RCMP clearly stating that the results were sent to cic office. Very confusing. The lady from the cic said that they are still waiting for the criminality part from the rcmp. So confusing. What does that mean !!!