+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

pablora

Feb 15, 2015
Hi, thanks for your response. The document clearly says to bring photocopies (along with the originals...). It says like this:

"It is also your responsibility to bring with you photocopies of your passports and all travel documents in your possession (current and expired, etc. as indicated on your notice to appear. Otherwise, your interview could be postponed to a later date, which could cause processing delays to your application."

The notice to appear only says to bring the original passports though...

Have any of you had this from CIC?

tmota said:
For the test you should bring the originals of every document you sent a copy of. Read your letter carefully, there's no such difference between offices.

kanatasnow

Feb 3, 2017
Hi Pablora,

yes you're right i have my test tomorrow (Montreal) they asking to bring photocopies of my passports and travel documents (along with the originals). They write it in BOLD that mean its really important...

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kanatasnow said:
Hi Pablora,

yes you're right i have my test tomorrow (Montreal) they asking to bring photocopies of my passports and travel documents (along with the originals). They write it in BOLD that mean its really important...
That's really strange. I'm also from Montreal, did my test about a month ago. Just looked at the test invite, and it says "all the originals" - no bold tough. At the interview, the agent had all the copies I sent with my application, that's why asking for more copies seems strange.

Better bring the originals as well, just to be on the safe side.

kolhapuri

Oct 2, 2010
Dublin
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Dec 16
Just an update - Did my test yesterday. 20/20 for both me and my wife. They did not look at my Daughter's original documents. Only me and my wife. Was quite quick. Now the last stretch of the process. Cheers

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kolhapuri said:
Just an update - Did my test yesterday. 20/20 for both me and my wife. They did not look at my Daughter's original documents. Only me and my wife. Was quite quick. Now the last stretch of the process. Cheers
congratulations! did they say how long u have to wait for oath?

snasser

Nov 17, 2016
What's the fastest way to get the "Entry-Exit Record of Movement from USA"?

All help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
snasser said:
What's the fastest way to get the "Entry-Exit Record of Movement from USA"?

All help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
online i94 :) https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/

i printed mine here and just showed it to the offier when he asked me about a certain trip

snasser

Nov 17, 2016
shakeyy said:
online i94 :)

i printed mine here and just showed it to the offier when he asked me about a certain trip
Thanks a million for the link, but would that be sufficient since they requested it to be sent after the interview?

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
snasser said:
Thanks a million for the link, but would that be sufficient since they requested it to be sent after the interview?
im not sure about that. i only used that for reference when i filled in my residency calculator. i had to double check from a different source aside form my personal records..

karianna

Jun 12, 2015
snasser said:
If its after the interview that they asked for the entry exit record then you need to apply under FOIA. It's more comprehensive than i94 checker as i94 page does not cover all entries to US by land..like when one uses same i94 to visit multiple times.. There are multiple posts on FOIA on this forum..just remember to open an account and then submit the request after logging in...

snasser

Nov 17, 2016
karianna said:
If its after the interview that they asked for the entry exit record then you need to apply under FOIA. It's more comprehensive than i94 checker as i94 page does not cover all entries to US by land..like when one uses same i94 to visit multiple times.. There are multiple posts on FOIA on this forum..just remember to open an account and then submit the request after logging in...
Thanks for the clarification, I think this is what they're asking for as the i94 website only prints records without the name or passport number or any reference to whom the records belong to (even though they're displayed on the results page; they just don't add them to the printed page). I did a quick search here & you're right there are several posts on the topic, I just didn't know where to begin my search when I first posted but now I guess I'm on the right track.

One last question; any idea how long will it take to receive them?

pablora

Feb 15, 2015
Thanks for your responses tmota, kanatasnow and blucky

kanatasnow, how was your exam? everything ok?

kanatasnow said:
Hi Pablora,

yestejas

Feb 2, 2012
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB 2011
AOR Received.