+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

andersonhc

Feb 2, 2017
The_ottawa said:
Hi Everyone,

I have a question.

I provided my email address in the application and received the AOR via email.

Will my test invitation be emailed as well or will it be sent via regular mail.

Thanks!
I received my test invitation by email.
Someone from CIC called me to say it was being sent and to check my spam folder.

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
did my test today. got 20/20 yey! :) interview was very smooth, no questions just verification of documents. entire process from check in to interview was only 30 mins. calgary office is very efficient

my oath is expected 1-3 months from today! :)

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shakeyy said:
did my test today. got 20/20 yey! :) interview was very smooth, no questions just verification of documents. entire process from check in to interview was only 30 mins. calgary office is very edficient.

my oath is expect 1-3 months from today! :)
Congrats!

30 minutes for everything is quite different from what I experienced in Montreal. There were about 80 people doing the test at the same time, we had to wait for everyone to arrive and be seated, then on the line for the interview - around 3h45 from checkin to after the interview. Also, the agent said 2-4 months for oath ceremony.

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tmota said:
Congrats!

30 minutes for everything is quite different from what I experienced in Montreal. There were about 80 people doing the test at the same time, we had to wait for everyone to arrive and be seated, then on the line for the interview - around 3h45 from checkin to after the interview. Also, the agent said 2-4 months for oath ceremony.
yah i was surprised too. there were only about 30 people approx today. i was one of the people who finished the test first and second person to be called in the interview. :) i took the test faster tha i expected

everyone was early. there was a line already at 930 and started checkig in people at 950

creator

Star Member
Jul 27, 2011
Dhaka,Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"We sent you correspondence on January 26, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."

We received letter on Feb 01 and done the FP today morning at police headquarter in Saskatoon. They told that they are sending this now to RCMP Ottawa. After 8/9 days RCMP will send the report to us and we have to forward the report to CIC.

-question, is it the standard procedure and when they are going to send the test invitations if everything goes OK?

nowend

Mar 30, 2016
.Steve said:
I appeared for the test today and passed the test.

Had problems with interview....
1. After landing in Canada by road, our return stamp in USA was not on the passport from 2011.
2. Also on one day trip across the border from buffalo in 2015 was not stamped on passport.

Officer said he will mail details requesting for something.....what could that mean ?

How will I be able to prove those trips?

Thanks,
Steve
Hi, Steve,

Just want to ask questions about the stamps.

1. After landing in Canada by road, our return stamp in USA was not on the passport from 2011.
Did you mean the USA entry stamp or the Canada entry stamp?

2. Also on one day trip across the border from buffalo in 2015 was not stamped on passport.

Thank you!

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nowend said:
Hi, Steve,

Just want to ask questions about the stamps.

Thank you!
I dont think missing entry from 2011 created issue for you. i see you stayed 1513 days before applying citizenship. even if USA dint stamp your passport , canada does record your entry in to canada. isnt that enough to prove your physical residence? please share more details.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Are there any Scarborough applicants who got invite for Scarborough test ??
The confusing thing is that people put Toronto as their location but it doesn't always tell whether it is St Clair office or Scarborough office that is dealing with their application. It would be nice if people would share the office location when they get invite for test.

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shakeyy said:
maybe it didnt update fast enough haha! :)

Thanks!
by the way your application seems to be way fast.

not even three months from application sent to DM.
Congrats.

nowend

Mar 30, 2016
legalcitizen said:
I dont think missing entry from 2011 created issue for you. i see you stayed 1513 days before applying citizenship. even if USA dint stamp your passport , canada does record your entry in to canada. isnt that enough to prove your physical residence? please share more details.
I always go to the US and return to Canada by private vehicles. Even if I go abroad, I go to US first and fly to another country, and come back to the US, then drive back to Canada. I used to be a Ph.D. student in the US and that's why I always try to find time to go back to school for meetings with my advisors.

Sometimes the border officer just checked my PR card and let me go. I do no think the officer scanned my card or passport in some trips. Although I did report these trips, I just wonder if I will be given hard time in the interview.