+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sidestep4u said:
how do we normally recieve test invitation

through registered mail from canada post ?

pls respond
Through regular mail.

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017

willzou

Star Member
Sep 30, 2016
My status changed after in process more than 36 days

We sent you correspondence on January 12, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required

does this mean finger print?
I did changed my address within 6 months when sent application

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
willzou said:
My status changed after in process more than 36 days

We sent you correspondence on January 12, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required

does this mean finger print?
I did changed my address within 6 months when sent application
It is likely to be a finger print request. If it were the test invite, the status should have said.

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Back from the test, everything went fine, quick interview after. Agent said the ceremony should take place in 2-4 months.

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tmota said:
Back from the test, everything went fine, quick interview after. Agent said the ceremony should take place in 2-4 months.
Thanks good news.
What they have asked in the interview? Is this interview with judge?
Does it usually takes 2 to 4 month after test for the ceremony?
Decision made status will be changed now?

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys just bumping up the spreadsheet for updating

thanks

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jSGX4QDMkXG_ROU0sbIFCMg_eL-gv-YZGVctgxojLYI/edit#gid=1883388690

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tim50 said:
What they have asked in the interview? Is this interview with judge?
The officer usually asks about your employment, any new travel or anything else that might be relevant to the application after you submitted. Also the officer can check your passport(s) and any other document it asked you to bring in the invite letter.
The interview is not with the judge but with the officer that is processing your application at your local office.

tim50 said:
Does it usually takes 2 to 4 month after test for the ceremony?
Yes that is the average time frame.

tim50 said:
Decision made status will be changed now?
It will eventually change to DM. Sometimes within a few days but here are cases where it takes several weeks.

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rigly68 said:
The officer usually asks about your employment, any new travel or anything else that might be relevant to the application after you submitted. Also the officer can check your passport(s) and any other document it asked you to bring in the invite letter.
The interview is not with the judge but with the officer that is processing your application at your local office.

Yes that is the average time frame.

It will eventually change to DM. Sometimes within a few days but here are cases where it takes several weeks.
Everything Rigly68 said! eCAS status hasn't changed yet, but I didn't expected it to.

At the moment of the interview, the agent was with my whole file in a folder, printed copies of everything, no computer in the interview room. So someone will have to manually enter the data in the system, and giving that there was about 150 people taking the test at the same time - and I imagine about the same quantity in the morning - the status should take a few days to change. Maybe if the agents had computers in the interview room they could give the command to change the eCAS right there.

No big deal. It's over, all I have to do now is wait for the ceremony invitation, according to the agent who interviewed me.

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
i got aor on dec 19th 2016 . ip on jan 04 2017

error address on aor .changed online twice. but it didnt change yet?

Mississauga123

Nov 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got an update on the website today that the letter for test invitation went out on the 16th. The test is on 7th of Feb.

I know that there are allot of smaller entries in regards to what happens in the test/interview, but can someone simply summarize it in one place, what happens first, then after that, then after that etc....

Thanks.

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I appeared for the test today and passed the test.

Had problems with interview....
1. After landing in Canada by road, our return stamp in USA was not on the passport from 2011.
2. Also on one day trip across the border from buffalo in 2015 was not stamped on passport.

Officer said he will mail details requesting for something.....what could that mean ?

How will I be able to prove those trips?

Thanks,
Steve

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
.Steve said:
I appeared for the test today and passed the test.

Had problems with interview....
1. After landing in Canada by road, our return stamp in USA was not on the passport from 2011.
2. Also on one day trip across the border from buffalo in 2015 was not stamped on passport.

Officer said he will mail details requesting for something.....what could that mean ?

How will I be able to prove those trips?

Thanks,
Steve
hi ,

have you mentioned those trips on your application ?
according to what he said , that'd mean they will probably send a RQ

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tyl92 said:
hi ,

have you mentioned those trips on your application ?
according to what he said , that'd mean they will probably send a RQ
Yes I have mentioned the trips.
And all is accurate.
Just that the entries in USA were not stamped on passport.