05-10-2015
Interview........
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2016
LANDED..........
06-04-2016
Anxiouswifey said:
Thank you! I am happy it's almost done... can't wait to meet him and the step kiddies at the airport...

I appreciate the information like yourself I was worried... don't want to mess anything up now that we almost reached the finish line...
One thing might help you. I know they changed picture requirements for PR card and what they are suppose to do is to ask for new pictures before issuing Copr or make new pictures when landing. I didn't know that and of course when I was landing no one bothered to retake my picture, so probably what will happen now is that they will send request for me to retake pictures and it will delay issuing my PR card and cost more money of course :)

Anyway, I am just telling this for you to investigate this situation more as apparently when landing they should have cameras to take pictures by new requirements :)
I doubled checked, mine was done by old requirements. As I recall they changed it in December or January. It is a bit annoying, as I had an interview and they could easily asked me to bring new pictures.

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
Owl29 said:
One thing might help you. I know they changed picture requirements for PR card and what they are suppose to do is to ask for new pictures before issuing Copr or make new pictures when landing. I didn't know that and of course when I was landing no one bothered to retake my picture, so probably what will happen now is that they will send request for me to retake pictures and it will delay issuing my PR card and cost more money of course :)

Anyway, I am just telling this for you to investigate this situation more as apparently when landing they should have cameras to take pictures by new requirements :)
I doubled checked, mine was done by old requirements. As I recall they changed it in December or January. It is a bit annoying, as I had an interview and they could easily asked me to bring new pictures.
Yes, they asked him to send new pictures for him and the kids. I told him to make sure they were the correct size cause we don't want any delays. Hopefully we will get everything sent next week :) I appreciate the heads up! I agree with you had they mentioned it they would have saved you some hassle.

crzy_canadian

Oct 28, 2015
Visayas - Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
12-Jan-2016
File Transfer...
19-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
08-July-2016
VISA ISSUED...
VOH: 05-Aug-2016
Kalie said:
Hi crzy_canadian,
I'm a newbie here. Do you have any idea about october appliction? What is your status right now on you application?. Hoping your response. Thank you
Hey Kalie, I responded to your PM. Welcome to the forum :)

summersunsunfan

Jan 27, 2016
Owl29 said:
Congrats to you and others, super happy for you guys :)

Until when your medical is valid? Usually Copr lasts until the end of medical, so make sure you will have time to land :)
Also, this might not be true, but also make sure they can ship it back to Canadian address. I don't know what address they have in the system, but if it us different, make sure you won't be stuck in Canada and passport and copr in other address :) I read similar thread recently in forum, so just be aware :) I don't have much info about your situation. :)

Good luck
Thank you for yout kind advice! I did my medical last Oct so I have plenty of time to land. Yes I will prepare Canadian address labels for CIC. Thet have instructions for those who will submit passport in Canada as visitors in the PPR letter. :)

LHaywood1

Apr 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
17-03-2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
File Transfer...
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2016
I checked this morning and have a decision made :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

crzy_canadian

Oct 28, 2015
Visayas - Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
12-Jan-2016
File Transfer...
19-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
08-July-2016
VISA ISSUED...
VOH: 05-Aug-2016
LHaywood1 said:
I checked this morning and have a decision made :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Congrats, nearly done :D

kawafam0919

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
30-Dec-2015
File Transfer...
15-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
03-Oct-2015
Congrats on everyone getting DMs and landing! That is so exciting! :D

We are still waiting...but the FBI finally charged us for the police clearance check on the 19th so we sent that to Ottawa as more proof that a police clearance is coming. They have his Japanese one and proof we did all we could to get a Chinese check but couldn't as well as a copy of his visa from that time. I'm thinking that not being able to get a Chinese police check is what is causing the delay :/

I'm still hopeful it will come soon :)

mdk

Jan 4, 2016
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
File Transfer...
01-02-2016
Congratulation to the ones getting their PPR :)

Does applying GCMS notes would affect the time delay ??? and whats wrong with the Delhi VO, haven't heard back since January about anything on file.
I see most of the October and November applicants are receiving their approval these days. :-\

krishnalynn

May 15, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
File Transfer...
08-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 15-04-2016
Just wanted to let everyone know I got my CoPR in the mail yesterday :)

I'll be landing when I get home from visiting my parents in California in a few weeks!

dsmith24

Sep 30, 2015
krishnalynn said:
Just wanted to let everyone know I got my CoPR in the mail yesterday :)

I'll be landing when I get home from visiting my parents in California in a few weeks!
Congragulations :)

tokto

Feb 1, 2016
kawafam0919 said:
Congrats on everyone getting DMs and landing! That is so exciting! :D

We are still waiting...but the FBI finally charged us for the police clearance check on the 19th so we sent that to Ottawa as more proof that a police clearance is coming. They have his Japanese one and proof we did all we could to get a Chinese check but couldn't as well as a copy of his visa from that time. I'm thinking that not being able to get a Chinese police check is what is causing the delay :/

I'm still hopeful it will come soon :)
Hi kawafam0919 - I'm not on here too frequently, but was reassured when I noticed someone in a similar situation. I'm also sponsoring my Japanese spouse (app received mid Nov), and it's going through CPC-O. When did you receive your request for your Japanese police certificates?

We received our request for police certificates at the end of March - we sent them in mid-April, and now we're waiting. I wasn't sure how other CPC-O Japanese applicants were progressing. It's a bit frustrating, not being able to submit police certificates up front (for others reading, Japanese applicants have to wait for CIC to request a police certificate - you must take the CIC request letter to the police when applying for the certificate).

We seem to be in a similar situation, and at a similar stage (my spouse also had additional checks for another country where she studied). It seems like a lot of CPC-O applicants are receiving their DMs. Hopefully we both have some good news soon!

kawafam0919

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
30-Dec-2015
File Transfer...
15-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
03-Oct-2015
Hello everyone!

So for those who are curious I recieved our GCMS notes today! As suspected, it seems to be waiting for the FBI check and Chinese police check that has delayed our application. I ordered notes on April 11, and they were generated on April 12. Our latest "notes" update (from March 9) states that "Application approved once pol certs recieved"...!! I can't tell you how relieved I was to read that!

It also stated that a request for documents (asking for the two extra police clearance checks) was generated on March 9 (then updated on March 24) however we never recieved that email. Ever. We did send extra documents ourselves via email on April 22 about the police checks so hopefully it was recieved alright. My partner's actual FBI check should be here any day now and we will send that to Ottawa ASAP. I am thinking I wiill email them to tell them we saw in the notes they were going to request documents in March, we never got the email, and this is to confirm our email address.

The thing is, we tried and tried and tried to get his Chinese police check but not one reputable company responded to us, Ottawa never responded to my email asking them for help, the Chinese embassy here in Japan refused to help...we did send in proof of our efforts as well as a copy of his Chinese visa from that time, his passport, proof of residence etc. via email. Once his FBI check arrives we mail hard copies of these proofs with it. Hopefully Ottawa has procedures set in place for this kind of thing since I know we aren't the only ones in this situation!

Anyways to anyone still waiting I highly recommend getting your notes! It provides you with so much information! I waited approximately three months after getting SA to order my notes and it was the best decision ever. 10/10, do recommend! :p

Ahhh just a bit longer!! Gotta hang in there~

kawafam0919

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
30-Dec-2015
File Transfer...
15-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
03-Oct-2015
tokto said:
Hi kawafam0919 - I'm not on here too frequently, but was reassured when I noticed someone in a similar situation. I'm also sponsoring my Japanese spouse (app received mid Nov), and it's going through CPC-O. When did you receive your request for your Japanese police certificates?

We received our request for police certificates at the end of March - we sent them in mid-April, and now we're waiting. I wasn't sure how other CPC-O Japanese applicants were progressing. It's a bit frustrating, not being able to submit police certificates up front (for others reading, Japanese applicants have to wait for CIC to request a police certificate - you must take the CIC request letter to the police when applying for the certificate).

We seem to be in a similar situation, and at a similar stage (my spouse also had additional checks for another country where she studied). It seems like a lot of CPC-O applicants are receiving their DMs. Hopefully we both have some good news soon!
Hey! It's nice to see another Japan application on here, we seem to be a rare breed lol!

So actually we were able to get my partner's police check without CIC's request. So we sent that in with our application back in November. I ordered our GCMS notes and it was passed fine (as expected since he has never been in trouble with the law!) but we are still waiting for the FBI check and we couldn't get China's check so we sent in a bunch of proof and documents electronically. I have never gotten an email requesting documents. My notes showed that on March 9 they generated an email that would request the FBI check and the Chinese check, and it was updated on March 25 (but status still as generated, not sent? Confusing) but yeah we never recieved an email :/ We didn't know they did this as we hadn't gotten our notes yet, but we went ahead and sent the documents ourselves on April 22. We were nervous we hadn't gotten any requests so we took matters into our own hands, haha! This does make me a little uneasy though, so I'm thinking we'll email them about it.

Have you ordered your GCMS notes? They are sooo helpful, I really recommend it. For us, every stage has been passed except criminality (is "in progress"). Our notes section says once they receive the police certs we will get approval. I pray this is right! Lol I'm sure you're in a similar situation and once they get all the police checks they need we will see our DMs! :)

Labbadulc

Star Member
Oct 28, 2015
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city / Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
(AOR-1) 23-12-2015 (AOR-2) 21/04/2016
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
17-09-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2016
LANDED..........
03-09-2016
I finally got my third line!! so happy now im just waiting to see if i get a interview or a DM and i really hope i just get DM and PR..i feel like im one of the last ones ! :eek: