Upfront
Med's Done....
15-09-2015
Interview........
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
xoxokirsten said:
We received SA today!! :D Sending best wishes to everyone here!!
Congrats!! :) Let November move along quickly!

TracyCa64

Aug 28, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
Form IMM5409 requested Feb 20, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2015
File Transfer...
SA- Dec 10, 2015 ** DM- March 14, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Rec'd March 18, 2016
LANDED..........
April 16, 2016
tdguy said:
hey everyone we received AOR today! wife is here visiting from Canada so glad to get news together!!
Yay!! Congrats tdguy!! That is awesome, so happy your wife is with you to celebrate.

Smiles!!

Golding

Jan 6, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-12-2015
File Transfer...
8-2-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
03-16-2016 phone interview for sponsor not PA
Passport Req..
DM: 09-06-2016 PPR:09-06-2016
susanrichards2015 said:
Hi everyone I have a quick question...

I am considering applying for a visitor's visa while we await for our spousal sponsorship to take flight. Has anybody done this while waiting and if so can you provide some feedback. Any thoughts?
I have consulted many lawyers for this particular questions and they have advised me that it is not a good idea because while signing the application to sponsor there is a question which states along the lines, " I will remain in (country name) while awaiting for the sponsorship decision to be made".That is the point of an out land sponsorship. I heard it is very hard to get a visitors visa to Canada especially when you claim you know someone here such as family member, spouse etc.. because it makes it difficult for you to leave after getting used to spending time with them, and this puts a risk because they think you might claim refugee status or stay illegally and exceed terms of visa.

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
Anxiouswifey said:
I am in the same boat with you, my application was received on the 3rd but still no AOR.

Soon hopefully!
Hi Guys and Gals,

How did you check isf your package is received? Is it by Canada post or CIC will have a record of it? I only know from Canada post that my package was signed by someone called R Mahmood on Nov 3. Today I called the CIC call center and my name is not on the system yet, so I gave them the tracking number and they are going to do a trace of the package (left my phone number and email with the agent), however I am not sure when they will get back to me.

Do you guys think they had started looking into my case yet? I am really worried because because I am not getting any answers, and I haven't got the package return to me, at least I will know I am disqualified as a sponsor. I wonder if anyone can offer me some advice on this matter, I am really frustrated.

:(

crzy_canadian

Oct 28, 2015
Visayas - Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
12-Jan-2016
File Transfer...
19-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
08-July-2016
VISA ISSUED...
VOH: 05-Aug-2016
Just take a deep breath and relax, there's still lots of us from November waiting for our AORs. The holidays will also have slowed things down alot. Expect to hear some good news in the next week or two :)

susanrichards2015

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Please Lord
JYC said:
Hi Guys and Gals,

How did you check isf your package is received? Is it by Canada post or CIC will have a record of it? I only know from Canada post that my package was signed by someone called R Mahmood on Nov 3. Today I called the CIC call center and my name is not on the system yet, so I gave them the tracking number and they are going to do a trace of the package (left my phone number and email with the agent), however I am not sure when they will get back to me.

Do you guys think they had started looking into my case yet? I am really worried because because I am not getting any answers, and I haven't got the package return to me, at least I will know I am disqualified as a sponsor. I wonder if anyone can offer me some advice on this matter, I am really frustrated.

Hello. I was able to check delivery receipt through my courier which was UPS. I haven't received confirmation of anything from CIC except for a request to have further medical done. The reason why they got to the medical quicker is because it's done upfront through a panel physician that's affiliated with CIC and they submitted it electronically to them for my husband. I am still waiting for my AOR and I hope it's soon

susanrichards2015

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Please Lord
Golding said:
I have consulted many lawyers for this particular questions and they have advised me that it is not a good idea because while signing the application to sponsor there is a question which states along the lines, " I will remain in (country name) while awaiting for the sponsorship decision to be made".That is the point of an out land sponsorship. I heard it is very hard to get a visitors visa to Canada especially when you claim you know someone here such as family member, spouse etc.. because it makes it difficult for you to leave after getting used to spending time with them, and this puts a risk because they think you might claim refugee status or stay illegally and exceed terms of visa.
Thanks for the input. I think for now I am going to hold off and just continue to visit him when I get a break from work. It's been 5 years already so what's another year :(

Owl29

Nov 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-12-2015
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-10-2015
Interview........
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2016
LANDED..........
06-04-2016
JYC said:
Hi Guys and Gals,

Do you or your partner have UCI from previous documentations? Few pages back in this topic you can see that someone was able to log in the system with previous UCI code they have. It only works if you are already in the system, so don't be sad if it won't work. I am pretty sure it will come soon :)
Also, always check your spam folder, I do know for some people it goes to spam :)

Mahmood signed for my application too :)

Owl29

Nov 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-12-2015
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-10-2015
Interview........
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2016
LANDED..........
06-04-2016
I am waiting for my SA as well, I do have additional step after, as I am applying from Quebec ???

I just hope it won't postpone my decision that much :) Today I checked what forms we will need to fill.. oh my.. at least some of you are finished with your forms :D

Labbadulc

Star Member
Oct 28, 2015
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city / Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
(AOR-1) 23-12-2015 (AOR-2) 21/04/2016
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
17-09-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2016
LANDED..........
03-09-2016
xoxokirsten said:
OMG im soooo happy for you since my app was received November 2nd aswell i guess mine would be shortly after yours!! fingers crossed.

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
Owl29 said:
Do you or your partner have UCI from previous documentations? Few pages back in this topic you can see that someone was able to log in the system with previous UCI code they have. It only works if you are already in the system, so don't be sad if it won't work. I am pretty sure it will come soon :)
Also, always check your spam folder, I do know for some people it goes to spam :)

Mahmood signed for my application too :)
Thx for the supportive comment for everyone of you, I don't have a UCI #, I guess I will wait a bit longer and see what happens.

Lhadysherie_06

Jan 6, 2016
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-11-2015
File Transfer...
07-01-2016
Med's Request
upfront:
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
hoping for none
Passport Req..
Next in line
VISA ISSUED...
On process
LANDED..........
Claiming it Very Soon
xoxokirsten said:
ohh congratulations..my application was recieved on the 2nd of nov. and AOR followed on Dec.23rd I'm so excited to be hearing some good news soon since u got yours..Best of luck to all of us *crossfinger

canadausa#11

Jan 5, 2016
How long did it take people to be able to log into ecas after getting AOR? Do you have till wait until the next Tuesday when they update it?