Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2014 / Change of VO 11-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
LANDED..........
31-12-2014 @ Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls
Hello Toby & Seniors,

I wonder if CIC sent Medical Request if we did Upfront Medicals. Coz I remember there were few people in Sep '13 & Oct '13 who did Upfront Medicals and they few people received Medical Request email from CIC and few did not.
Just trying to figure out what's the trend lately....?
Are they sending MRs email even if we did it upfront and they updated ECAS to "Medical Received".

Anyone noticing it lately ???

jacan

Apr 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov.1/13
AOR Received.
Dec.9/13
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
May 12/14
Med's Done....
May 14/14
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jun.23/14
VISA ISSUED...
Jun.27/14
LANDED..........
Jul.10/14
letsvibe said:
When did you File the application and whats your AOR ???
Application filed Nov.1st.... AOR Dec 9... also added my details to the spreadsheet.

letsvibe

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2013
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-12-2013
Med's Request
Referred to old application
Med's Done....
28/10/2013 , ECAS Updated : 25/05/2014,Upfront RPRF paid 10th June
Passport Req..
16th July 2014
rinkupatel.dmj said:
Hello Toby & Seniors,

I wonder if CIC sent Medical Request if we did Upfront Medicals. Coz I remember there were few people in Sep '13 & Oct '13 who did Upfront Medicals and they few people received Medical Request email from CIC and few did not.
Are they sending MRs email even if we did it upfront and they updated ECAS to "Medical Received".

Hey Rinku ,

A couple of my friends have done upfront medicals, they never received a medical request as their ECAS was updated.
There was only one who received a MR but at that time his ECAS was still sitting in application received.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
rinkupatel.dmj said:
Hello Toby & Seniors,

Some people received MR some didn't after doing upfront Medical. I noticed that If medical result is uploaded to ECAS then you wont receive MR for sure. But if you did upfront medical and it is on its ways to get uploaded on ECAS then you might receive MR.

rinkupatel.dmj

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto, ON, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
Doc's Request.
15/05/2014
AOR Received.
11-12-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with the Application
File Transfer...
21-12-2013
Med's Request
UPFRONT - 12-04-2014
Med's Done....
ECAS UPDATED: 25-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2014 / Change of VO 11-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
LANDED..........
31-12-2014 @ Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls
letsvibe said:
Hey Rinku ,

A couple of my friends have done upfront medicals, they never received a medical request as their ECAS was updated.
There was only one who received a MR but at that time his ECAS was still sitting in application received.
Goku said:
Some people received MR some didn't after doing upfront Medical. I noticed that If medical result is uploaded to ECAS then you wont receive MR for sure. But if you did upfront medical and it is on its ways to get uploaded on ECAS then you might receive MR.
letsvibe & Goku

Makes Complete Sense Guys.... Thank god you guys noticed that... Much relieved
Now waiting for reply back from CIC to update my application to add "Additional Dependents" (for my wife).

Good Luck Guys!!

+Keep Posting updates w.r.t. your cases on the Topic here as I am constantly managing & updating the November 2013 spreadsheet.

searing_heat

Jun 8, 2013
retwant said:
The data varies so much for the average of how long it takes from getting the medical request to the passport request. Many factors are affecting these: the gap between date of medical request and medical exam, how fast can u schedule a medical appointment, any problems with medical results, how long will it take for PP to post the results, how VO's are processing your files, how soon you paid RPRF fees after being requested and whether you did it according to the instructions, and many other factors. Even when you compare September & October, both are totally different. And then now, applications before and after first week of November are handled differently. So we can't simply measure the average here. You can get your passport request after medical request within few days to few months...

I would say always plan for the worst situation~
Thanks for the help (MenicMonday and Retwant)! I'm not really worried about the work permit as my current one does not expire until middle of next year. Seems like timelines is almost unpredictable :) This whole timeline is important for me to decide on the date to get married. I def. would prefer to add my future spouse in this application rather than a super lengthy, 25 months, sponsoring (after getting PR). However, I'm trying to figure out how soon can it be done to include in the current application.

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
You can add a spouse until before you land, but of course this will move your processing time as they will conduct admissibility checks (medical/security/criminality) to your spouse.
In the PPR email (I assume you are not from a visa-exempt country), they will still ask if your family composition changed.

None of my business, but why don't you do it sooner than later?
Also, refer to the other threads on this matter (adding spouse/dependents), I'm sure they'll have better opinions.

Omshri

Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
AOR Received.
November 14, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
April 6, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront, March 29, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2014
LANDED..........
August 3, 2014
Goku, You are correct

cecnov2013

Oct 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
11-12-2013
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
Med's Request
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
27-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-06-2014
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
just curious, In my old gcms notes, i see a filed called : LOCK IN DATE. While calculating the eligibility, do they use this date and look for previous 3 years

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
I will be travelling fr next few weeks. Need to apply for BOWP on 28th May since My work permit is getting expired on 28th Sep.
I was just wondering if I can apply after coming back in Mid june ( who knows I may get PPR by that time )

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
searing_heat said:
Thanks for the help (MenicMonday and Retwant)! I'm not really worried about the work permit as my current one does not expire until middle of next year. Seems like timelines is almost unpredictable :) This whole timeline is important for me to decide on the date to get married. I def. would prefer to add my future spouse in this application rather than a super lengthy, 25 months, sponsoring (after getting PR). However, I'm trying to figure out how soon can it be done to include in the current application.
Always glad to help! Btw, whats your PR timeline, and when are u thinking of getting married?

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
gladaki said:
I will be travelling fr next few weeks. Need to apply for BOWP on 28th May since My work permit is getting expired on 28th Sep.
I was just wondering if I can apply after coming back in Mid june ( who knows I may get PPR by that time )
You will get your PR by July end. If you don't hear any thing by end of July then apply for BOWP. I heard they are issuing BOWP very fast. So don't worry. Have fun.

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
Any medical for after nov 08 applicant?

searing_heat

Jun 8, 2013
MenicMonday said:
You can add a spouse until before you land, but of course this will move your processing time as they will conduct admissibility checks (medical/security/criminality) to your spouse.
In the PPR email (I assume you are not from a visa-exempt country), they will still ask if your family composition changed.

None of my business, but why don't you do it sooner than later?
Also, refer to the other threads on this matter (adding spouse/dependents), I'm sure they'll have better opinions.
I never knew you can actually add a spouse to the application even after you get CoPR / visa stamped - as long as you do it before landing. Is there a time limit on this? I thought they close the application once decision is made. I will try to do more research on it. Maybe I'd give CIC a call to ask about this scenario.

I'm also a Nov applicant and got got AOR on Dec 20. No MR/RFPF yet. Originally, I was planning on getting married around July / August time-frame. However, seems like that might be risky (unless you can add spouse post CoPR).

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
^I was simply giving you the extreme scenario...I see what you were getting at. You're concerned about getting the PR before the wedding.

But July/Aug is not that too far out. If you go ahead with the wedding then, you can still add your spouse as you will be on the 8th/9th month of your application.
If you get your MR early on, say this May, you have 60 days to complete it, you can do it as close as possible without going beyond 60 days, and hopefully overlap with your wedding. :D

If you are sure about getting married, you can inform CIC, then they will ask for documents...this email exchange process may add time in your favor.