Med's Done....
27-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-06-2014
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
ANY ONE WHO APPLIED ON OR BEFORE NOV-6TH, IS YET TO GET MR. I APPLIED ON NOV-6, AND AOR RECEIVED ON DEC-11TH. I AM YET TO GET MR AND FOLKS APPLIED LATER ARE GETTING IT. HAPPY FOR THEM, BUT EACH DAY PASSING WITH OUT ANY UPDATES FROM CIC, IS GETTING ME WORRIED.

ANOTHER QUICK QUESTION, FOLKS WHO HAVE GOT MR, HAS THEIR STATUS CHANGED FROM APPLICATION RECEIVED?

letsvibe

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2013
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-12-2013
Med's Request
Referred to old application
Med's Done....
28/10/2013 , ECAS Updated : 25/05/2014,Upfront RPRF paid 10th June
Passport Req..
16th July 2014
cecnov2013 said:
ANY ONE WHO APPLIED ON OR BEFORE NOV-6TH, IS YET TO GET MR. I APPLIED ON NOV-6, AND AOR RECEIVED ON DEC-11TH. I AM YET TO GET MR AND FOLKS APPLIED LATER ARE GETTING IT. HAPPY FOR THEM, BUT EACH DAY PASSING WITH OUT ANY UPDATES FROM CIC, IS GETTING ME WORRIED.

ANOTHER QUICK QUESTION, FOLKS WHO HAVE GOT MR, HAS THEIR STATUS CHANGED FROM APPLICATION RECEIVED?
Dont worry bro , Only 1 person with a Nov 6 Application date has got an MR. Rest will follow shortly :D.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Digital_Tofu said:
I had my application worked on my a consultant, and they suggested that if you get a request for MR, then it's pretty much a sure sign that your application will be fully accepted. Would anyone else say this is safe to assume? Obviously it will depend on your personal health and if you pass the MR, but asides from that, my consultant said that they would not ask for MR if you were not going to be accepted. Would hate to jump the gun and get peoples hopes up falsely, but just wanted to have the discussion about that, since you November people are now starting to receive your MR's. I'm a December applicant, so hopefully we'll not to TOO far behind.
I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, more like just want to increase awareness in proceeding with your actions as well as understanding more about the process. Anything could still happen even after MR. Still gotta pass the medical exam and wait for the doctor to upload the results.

Then wait for RPRF request, check if any changes applicable to you, report for those changes, fill it correctly, and send it to the correct address. There is a minor chance they will still review your application.

After passport request, you need to check again for any changes applicable to you, send the passport to Ottawa according to the instructions (don't forget signatures!), and then wait for COPR printed. Your passport will be travelling with Canada Post or any other courier, so it is out of your control whether they are delivered properly and timely.

Then, gotta do the landing! So a lot of human factors could happen here, either by you, VO's, mailman, or CBSA that could delay or worsen your application. Just make sure to understand the process, thread carefully, make sure you execute everything well on your end. Small mistakes could cause you lot...

cecnov2013

Oct 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
11-12-2013
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
Med's Request
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
27-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-06-2014
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
prca said:
Got MR just now... :)
App filed 8 nov
Aor 11 dec
has your ecas status changed? or is it still showing as application received

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
retwant said:
I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, more like just want to increase awareness in proceeding with your actions as well as understanding more about the process. Anything could still happen even after MR. Still gotta pass the medical exam and wait for the doctor to upload the results.

Then wait for RPRF request, check if any changes applicable to you, report for those changes, fill it correctly, and send it to the correct address. There is a minor chance they will still review your application.

After passport request, you need to check again for any changes applicable to you, send the passport to Ottawa according to the instructions (don't forget signatures!), and then wait for COPR printed. Your passport will be travelling with Canada Post or any other courier, so it is out of your control whether they are delivered properly and timely.

Then, gotta do the landing! So a lot of human factors could happen here, either by you, VO's, mailman, or CBSA that could delay or worsen your application. Just make sure to understand the process, thread carefully, make sure you execute everything well on your end. Small mistakes could cause you lot...
I agree.
MR/RPRF/Other requests are steps closer to the ultimate goal. Until you get the PR itself, nothing is certain.

BTW, in looking at my GCMS notes history, it seems MR happens after Eligibility, and Security review is done once Medicals is Passed.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MenicMonday said:
I agree.
MR/RPRF/Other requests are steps closer to the ultimate goal. Until you get the PR itself, nothing is certain.

BTW, in looking at my GCMS notes history, it seems MR happens after Eligibility, and Security review is done once Medicals is Passed.
I wonder how many officers review one application from start to finish? How about yours? Can you check it on your GCMS notes?

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
I saw at least two: one did the initial, with a "Review Required" notes for my Eligibility, and the second one did the review/made the "Passed" remark. This last person is also all over the steps under the Admissibility section.

The nice thing was I got a call from them before all of the requests (MR/RPRF/PCC) came-in, so at least I know the gender of the officer, haha! (the time on the notes are consistent with the time of their call).

I also noticed a different one assigned for the Medicals.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
Dude , Do your keyboard has some issues with Caps lock ?? II hope you know what is meant by communicating with Capital Letters . Avoid using it further would be my suggestion.

cecnov2013 said:

searing_heat

Jun 8, 2013
searing_heat said:
Do you guys know how long does it take from getting the medical request to the passport request? (including Request for fee). I know this would vary case by case. However, I'm interested to know the average duration :)
A gentle request to seniors here for an advice. I'm contemplating on various important decisions based on the expected duration. Appreciate everyone's input.

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
This is probably not the best answer, but you can have a peek at the shared tracker for each month.
There are still applicants who did Medicals since Feb 2014 (and some even earlier) that are still waiting for PPR. On the other side of the spectrum, there were a few who did medicals first week of May that got PPRs this week.

The CIC timeline is 13 months, historically for 80% of the cases, this is the average processing time. We all want it sooner, but there's nothing we can do but monitor. It is what it is.

Why don't you get a BoWP, if you haven't done so? I find that this will at least give an applicant some breathing room in terms of important decisions.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
searing_heat said:
A gentle request to seniors here for an advice. I'm contemplating on various important decisions based on the expected duration. Appreciate everyone's input.
The data varies so much for the average of how long it takes from getting the medical request to the passport request. Many factors are affecting these: the gap between date of medical request and medical exam, how fast can u schedule a medical appointment, any problems with medical results, how long will it take for PP to post the results, how VO's are processing your files, how soon you paid RPRF fees after being requested and whether you did it according to the instructions, and many other factors. Even when you compare September & October, both are totally different. And then now, applications before and after first week of November are handled differently. So we can't simply measure the average here. You can get your passport request after medical request within few days to few months...

I would say always plan for the worst situation~

jacan

Apr 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov.1/13
AOR Received.
Dec.9/13
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
May 12/14
Med's Done....
May 14/14
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jun.23/14
VISA ISSUED...
Jun.27/14
LANDED..........
Jul.10/14
MR received on Monday, did the medical today at Dr. Francis Li's office...I strongly recommend this office for anyone in the Toronto area wanting to do their medicals within days of getting the request... no appointment was needed, but I was told to arrive between 9 and 11 on any weekday....pretty busy place, so I advise that you get there no later than 9:15, otherwise, you'll have a lengthy wait.. They are e-medical enabled and promise to upload results to CIC within 10 business days.

letsvibe

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2013
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-12-2013
Med's Request
Referred to old application
Med's Done....
28/10/2013 , ECAS Updated : 25/05/2014,Upfront RPRF paid 10th June
Passport Req..
16th July 2014
jacan said:
MR received on Monday, did the medical today at Dr. Francis Li's office...I strongly recommend this office for anyone in the Toronto area wanting to do their medicals within days of getting the request... no appointment was needed, but I was told to arrive between 9 and 11 on any weekday....pretty busy place, so I advise that you get there no later than 9:15, otherwise, you'll have a lengthy wait.. They are e-medical enabled and promise to upload results to CIC within 10 business days.
When did you File the application and whats your AOR ???