N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
Thunderbird77 said:
I am afraid there will be no updates till December this year for the Nov 2013 applicants. I heard some high ranking officer left the department (CIC) and everything went haywire after that. Nothing goes as per the norms. The 'In process' status never gets updated. People are getting PPR randomly without any understandable reason.

God help us!
Hi

And where did you hear those pearls of wisdom?

Thx

A

PhSVE

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2013
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
Thunderbird77 said:
I am afraid there will be no updates till December this year for the Nov 2013 applicants. I heard some high ranking officer left the department (CIC) and everything went haywire after that. Nothing goes as per the norms. The 'In process' status never gets updated. People are getting PPR randomly without any understandable reason.

God help us!
I am november 2013 applicant but still my ecas status is application received.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
Thunderbird77 said:

God help us!
Are you that high ranking officer ? ;D ;D

krom2424

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Thunderbird77 said:

God help us!
don't spread rumours that they don't have any base and panic the people. CIC have prove that they still proccening applications . Lots of us we have already received the PPR . I was waiting 6 months after medical received from CIC . And I am sure that in very close all the remain applicant from 2013 they are going to received PPR very soon. Sit tight and enjoy . The proccening time is 13 months after the AOR . So patience my friend.

Thunderbird77

Dec 31, 2013
krom2424 said:
don't spread rumours that they don't have any base and panic the people. CIC have prove that they still proccening applications . Lots of us we have already received the PPR . I was waiting 6 months after medical received from CIC . And I am sure that in very close all the remain applicant from 2013 they are going to received PPR very soon. Sit tight and enjoy . The proccening time is 13 months after the AOR . So patience my friend.
Sorry if my information caused unwanted concerns. Even though that info was unofficial, the way things are going now make me believe that. I am also waiting for PPR. It is frustrating to check the mails every day only to find nothing. This delay is causing me to change my plans dynamically. Sure, many of us are doing the same.
I am prepared to wait till December. If it goes beyond that, I better shelve my landing plans till end of next year :(.

Dr_Midnite

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-03-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
Thunderbird77 said:
Sorry if my information caused unwanted concerns. Even though that info was unofficial, the way things are going now make me believe that. I am also waiting for PPR. It is frustrating to check the mails every day only to find nothing. This delay is causing me to change my plans dynamically. Sure, many of us are doing the same.
I am prepared to wait till December. If it goes beyond that, I better shelve my landing plans till end of next year :(.
Hi

You are welcome to believe whatever you desire, however these comments are unsubstantiated and cause unnecessary worry to others.

It is just a very slow process, we all understand frustrations but that is no excuse for making false statements.

Unless 13 months have passed you are still on track.

Thx

A

Thunderbird77

Dec 31, 2013
Dr_Midnite said:
Hi

You are welcome to believe whatever you desire, however these comments are unsubstantiated and cause unnecessary worry to others.

It is just a very slow process, we all understand frustrations but that is no excuse for making false statements.

Unless 13 months have passed you are still on track.

Thx

A
Though the information was unofficial, it is not "false or unsubstantiated" as you mentioned. You can see many members who got their GCMS notes have mentioned that their BF dates are in December. Some also mentioned CIC has admitted in their mails that process is delayed due to some VOs have left. Finally, the 13 months duration (for Nov 13 applicants) also ends in December.
I am just sharing the information. Not trying to rock the boat.

Cheers.

Dr_Midnite

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-03-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
Thunderbird77 said:
Though the information was unofficial, it is not "false or unsubstantiated" as you mentioned. You can see many members who got their GCMS notes have mentioned that their BF dates are in December. Some also mentioned CIC has admitted in their mails that process is delayed due to some VOs have left. Finally, the 13 months duration (for Nov 13 applicants) also ends in December.
I am just sharing the information. Not trying to rock the boat.

Cheers.
Hi

Note the 13 month timeline is to process 80% of all applications, theoretically they could take longer, so there is no guarantee it will be completed in 13 months.

Your specific statement was “I heard some high ranking officer left the department (CIC) and everything went haywire after that”. That is in no way substantiated. There are people of a certain disposition who take this information to heart and believe it.

We know VO’s have left, a few months ago nothing was happening because of vacation, and then it was because the caps had been reached!!

There have been various rumors over the past 6 months but ultimately IT IS JUST A SLOW PROCESS!!!!

Thx
A

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
Dr_Midnite said:
Hi

Note the 13 month timeline is to process 80% of all applications, theoretically they could take longer, so there is no guarantee it will be completed in 13 months.

Your specific statement was “I heard some high ranking officer left the department (CIC) and everything went haywire after that”. That is in no way substantiated. There are people of a certain disposition who take this information to heart and believe it.

We know VO's have left, a few months ago nothing was happening because of vacation, and then it was because the caps had been reached!!

There have been various rumors over the past 6 months but ultimately IT IS JUST A SLOW PROCESS!!!!

Thx
A
Great way of putting things , +1 for you

CECnovguy

Star Member
Nov 20, 2013
Hi guys,

I am having a situation wherein i need to travel back to my home country(India) for 4-6 months.
I received PPR Sep 26 and sent my PP which reached CIC Sep 30. I am still waiting for return tracker to get activated and its been 20 days already.
Should I be worried?

I would need some suggestions on the next steps. So requesting the forum members to share your thoughts.

I have to travel back next month around Nov 15. If I do my landing i will not be here to get my PR card as currently this takes 45 days to 90 days.
In this case can i change my address and have it sent to one of my friends here in Canada? and then they can send it via courier to me in India. I am not sure if this
is even right legally.

Second option is that I do my landing when i actually get back to Toronto in 2015. But this would put me in a tight spot as i must complete my landing by July 2015 as the COPR is valid only 1 year from the medicals date.I am just wondering if things don't go as expected i might lose my PR all together if i don't return by July 2015.

So please let me know your thoughts on what would be the best approach here. Thanks!

snowboy

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Doc's Request.
12-11-2014
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
Interview........
Decision made on 19th Feb 2015
Passport Req..
10-03-2015
Hi Friends,

I have a question, as per the below information full time employments means 30 hours per week of paid work. Say if I have 40 hours of paid work per week and if I have worked in Canada for 11 months, am I eligible to apply under Canadian experience class? Because technically I have completed required number of hours for 1 year. Please help, I am confused.

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5609ETOC.asp

"Work experience requirements

You must have obtained at least 12 months of full-time, or the equivalent in part-time, skilled work experience at NOC Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week.

This work experience must have been acquired in Canada within the 36 months preceding the date your properly completed application is received by the CIO.

You do not have to be employed at the time of your application."

octadag

Oct 20, 2014
snowboy said:
Hi Friends,

I have a question, as per the below information full time employments means 30 hours per week of paid work. Say if I have 40 hours of paid work per week and if I have worked in Canada for 11 months, am I eligible to apply under Canadian experience class? Because technically I have completed required number of hours for 1 year. Please help, I am confused.

"Work experience requirements

You must have obtained at least 12 months of full-time, or the equivalent in part-time, skilled work experience at NOC Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week.

This work experience must have been acquired in Canada within the 36 months preceding the date your properly completed application is received by the CIO.

You do not have to be employed at the time of your application."
You answered your own question.

snowboy said:
...I have worked in Canada for 11 months...
Work experience requirements

You must have obtained at least 12 months of full-time...

singh178

Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2013
AOR Received.
01-12-2013
IELTS Request
25-09-2013
File Transfer...
14-05-2014
Med's Request
14-05-2014
Med's Done....
15-05-2014
Hello Everyone,

Me and my wife both did our landing yesterday. It was easy and took not more than 10 mins.

Hang in here friends, PPR is not too far. Me and my friends applied in Oct/Nov/Dec and have received PPR for everyone this month. It is slightly a slow process but should not take long for November applications.

Best of Luck !!