+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2013 APPLICATIONS

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
cecott said:
He can use the contract letter/letter that the company provided to Canadian embassy where he got the visa stamped. That letter should contain everything. In addition pay-stubs, T4, etc. listed in the checklist, and verification of employment should help. It's not uncommon for employer to not provide "letter of reference". There are other ways like colleague providing that information with a notarized letter is also acceptable.

Seniors here can add more.
Yes, simply read through the document checklist. The most recent form contains information and additional documents
that can be submitted to support the application and can act as proof for employment/experience.

cecott

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Just a thought. Should we add a column in spreadsheet, indicating # of dependents (age>18) on the application? Curious to see the time difference between single vs multiple applicants on the application for the process.

CKT_PR

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
2**1
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
Sent application package on 16th nov 2013 by fedex from India and application received on 21 nov at sydney by N.KRSZWDA

iamelle

Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 20, 2014
AOR Received.
March 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
Sept 9, 2014
Med's Done....
Sept 19, 2014
Passport Req..
January 21, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2015
LANDED..........
March 28, 2015
Thank you iam_toby and cecott! I checked the list and yes, there is an OR on the document part. But what I am afraid of is the rejection after months of processing. I have read some of the threads with the same situation. Some are so fortunate while some are not. Or maybe i should be positive about this because the rules have changed to accommodate those in the same boat as ours. We're still figuring out what to do. Like some of the advise here, attach an email or any notice from the employer that they cannot issue such document. We have the contract but just photocopies since the originals were submitted to the embassy when they applied for our permits. But yeah, with the help of the sisses and bros here, we will find a way.

Oh, another option is to wait a little longer and apply with me as the principal applicant. The only problem with this is the cap. But like you guys said, it will not be easily filled because of the exclusion of 6 popular NOCs. Not that I am happy that those NOCs were scrapped. I really feel bad about them, specially those who are just completing the supporting docs. No one really expected that the decision will be that harsh.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
iamelle said:
Thank you iam_toby and cecott! I checked the list and yes, there is an OR on the document part. But what I am afraid of is the rejection after months of processing. I have read some of the threads with the same situation. Some are so fortunate while some are not. Or maybe i should be positive about this because the rules have changed to accommodate those in the same boat as ours. We're still figuring out what to do. Like some of the advise here, attach an email or any notice from the employer that they cannot issue such document. We have the contract but just photocopies since the originals were submitted to the embassy when they applied for our permits. But yeah, with the help of the sisses and bros here, we will find a way.

Oh, another option is to wait a little longer and apply with me as the principal applicant. The only problem with this is the cap. But like you guys said, it will not be easily filled because of the exclusion of 6 popular NOCs. Not that I am happy that those NOCs were scrapped. I really feel bad about them, specially those who are just completing the supporting docs. No one really expected that the decision will be that harsh.
The document checklist should be your #1 source of information, along with the instruction guide. If the document checklist shows and 'OR' option, then those documents will be accepted as supporting documents. :)

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
hi all
any one know when will cic ask for police clearance?

like which stage? or after how many month of aor received?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
samir3132 said:
hi all

They only ask for RCMP fingerprints. If you haven't submitted your PCCs from countries where you lived, then you
have to submit them ASAP after receiving the AOR.

cecott

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with App
iamelle said:

Immigration programs in Canada are in a flux. There is no prediction as to what may happen next. If you believe you have the documents that are listed in the checklist that's required, you should apply now. Acceptance/Rejection/Delay can happen for a bunch of other reasons than just these documents and as it stands CIC can always find a way to justify that.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
samir3132 said:
hi all

If you have not included your PCC, then CIC will ask for your PCC by email/mail.
This is going to happen at a very later stage of the process.

Since PCCs are valid for only 3 months, I suggest that you send in PCC when you get AOR with a letter (with name, date of birth, AOR). Then you will have to order GCMS notes + email CIC to confirm that they have added the PCCs to your file.

If the PCCs are lost, then CIC will ask for it at the later stage.

DOST7

Nov 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with App
I applied my application on 18 Nov.. date on PCC is Nov 10 but I could not send it with my application because it was in transit.

Now I have my PCC but I didn't get my AOR yet.

when should I submit my PCC?

I believe after receiving my AOR?

Is it ok to submit the PCC i have from 10 Nov or do I need a new one?

lufc_cal

Star Member
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Sydney received my CEC app on the 22nd. I didn't know about the changes announced on 8th November until this weekend.

I'm kinda worried my NOC will result in my application being rejected. I put down 6511 as my "official" job title falls under that, however, I'm part of a management team at my place of work. My job is basically a 0631 code in all but name.

cecott

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with App
DOST7 said:
I applied my application on 18 Nov.. date on PCC is Nov 10 but I could not send it with my application because it was in transit.

Now I have my PCC but I didn't get my AOR yet.

when should I submit my PCC?

I believe after receiving my AOR?

Is it ok to submit the PCC i have from 10 Nov or do I need a new one?
Going through several threads, I see that its not uncommon for visa office to misplace documents sent separately. If I were you, I would wait for the AOR (File Number), then put that number on a sticky on each of those PCCs and mail them. And yes, make sure to scan them before shipping them.

OMNI

Jan 30, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent mine today........

Hope everything goes well.................... :)

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
Canada since 2011, Landed
I sent mine today too. Hope it goes well.

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
Have resent my Application today with all the docs :).Hope this time i didnt miss any.
Crossing my fingers, shouldnt have any impact as i have sent a second file before the return of the first file.